What's a good place to buy fresh blocks - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 o0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What's a good place to buy fresh blocks

looking for branspankin new un used d16z6 block sleeved or unsleeved
whats a good site to find such a thing....i see alot of peoples build threads pull fresh blocks right out of the plastic and keep wundering where the hell people get this shit.

also same goes for the head

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o0Jash0o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 13 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

lol majestic Honda has new motors for a couple thousand. I think the motors you are talking about just got back from the machine shop that's why they look so fresh/packaged.

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

The blocks people post pics of that are in plastic have just come from the machine shop. A brand spanking unused block is like $1,300+ (been a while since I looked so that may not be 100% right but they aren't cheap).

edit: Looking at majestic now for an ED7 and they don't even have the price for the block listed anymore so idk if you could even get one. A new A6 head is $877.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.

Last edited by mindless; 10-27-2008 at 10:50 AM.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 13 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle

A block from majestic honda is around $1600 and the head is around $900 for a d16z6 and I believe its even more for a d16a6 (not sure why maybe cause its older)

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
Old 10-27-2008, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...+BLOCK-OIL+PAN

yes I am bored at work lmao

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Try car-part.com plenty oh shit there or the damn junk yards what are you looking for you know I have a few blocks laying around

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 10:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 o0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to allo0Jash0o is a name known to all

ive been debating on if i really wanna mess with the z6 out in the driveway.....the one you saw john.

new is out the question then. how much did you spend sending yours to the machine shop? and my dumb ass promised the head to a freind thinking i was gonna go in a different ...ls direction

Old 10-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Jash0o View Post
ive been debating on if i really wanna mess with the z6 out in the driveway.....the one you saw john.

new is out the question then. how much did you spend sending yours to the machine shop? and my dumb ass promised the head to a freind thinking i was gonna go in a different ...ls direction
To have the block/head hot tanked, rehone the cylinders and alittle mill to the head should be around $250 +/- depending on the shop

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

shit thats good was yours semi local or sent off

Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Jash0o View Post
shit thats good was yours semi local or sent off
Mine was $300 total including some stuff done to the head.

What's the deal with the Z6?
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post

What's the deal with the Z6?
i have alot of z6 parts in my shed.....might aswell roll with what i got

Old 10-27-2008, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

yeah stick with the z6, all that is local. There is alot of you guys up in va, I am sure someone knows a good machine shop around you

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
Old 10-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

just get a block bored and paint it. if the main bore is square and there's no cracks, this equals new block.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

lol imma take a picture tomarrow, it will explain why i was thinking of a new block.

but yea

john get back to me on where you got the a6 block done

Old 10-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

even if your block is in bad condition. get another used one and rebuild that. bore and go to over sized for the ultimate, o and honda bearings.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

good place to look is at the dealership

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
good place to look is at the dealership
whats your z6 in...im trying to get low 1/4 with sohc in a 98 coupe sence my boy wont give up the ED hatch

Old 10-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

my motor is in a 96 coupe, fully gutted, drag only car 2216lbs

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 08:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Engine, Complete - Remfd
Image not available.

Part: ATK 533
Product Line: Propowr Remanufactured Engines
This part can only be purchased from your local NAPA Auto Parts store.
Warranty
Warranty information is unavailable.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
There is no MSDS for this item
Application Information: 1993 Honda Civic Del Sol
Engines : 1.6 L 1590 CC L4 VTEC SOHC 16 Valve
Submodel : Si
Comments: w/ Engine Code D16Z6
Per Car Qty: 1

i know its a reman, but lol, how funny is that. napa?? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

there is no price though

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in