BOV open and close at idle - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 07:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost
Default BOV open and close at idle

I just realize yesterday, that my BOV at idle is opening and closing.

It is a vacuum leak or boost leak ?????

What do I have to check to fix this up??

also the idle is up and down, from 800-900 rpm,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto

Last edited by Hugo Boost; 10-27-2008 at 08:07 AM. Reason: error
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....

bump

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Old 10-27-2008, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 Sohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

What kinda bov? Is it set to soft maybe?
Sohc Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99ctrhatch Send a message via MSN to 99ctrhatch

idle would cause that. hold down the throttle and see if it closes with some pressure

Last edited by 99ctrhatch; 10-27-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling ownz
99ctrhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Quote:
What kinda bov? Is it set to soft maybe?
Is a Tial BOV, I don´t know if it could be set .

Quote:
idle would cause that. hold down the throttle and see if it closes with some pressure
When I press the gass the valve close, then maybe is normal, but I never realize of this.

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 99ctrhatch Send a message via MSN to 99ctrhatch

depends what your vac is at at idle. mine is at 19 in hg and the bov spring is at 15 in hg so my bov stays open at idle. once the vac passes 15 it closes

99ctrhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

well has your idle ever been up and down?? if not, its a vacume leak most likely the vac. line going to the BOV.. mine stays open a tiny bit at idle, when you give it gas it closes.. if its open alot at idle, you may have to stiffen it up a little, in which i added some washers in mine... but it is OK to have it open during idle as long and it closes fully during boost... you can do a boost leak test to find this out..

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Yeah, I heard that @ idle most BOVs can fluctuate between the open and closed state. Do you have idle problems? If it's not causing driveability issues, why mess with it?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

I wont change anything, if this is normal, thanks guys.

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 10-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

yes, its normal to have a bov open at idle.. but its not normal to have it leak.... like i said, do a boost leak test to verify... if you have a boost leak, you could still be hitting your desired boost level, but your turbo will be boosting more then it should, causing turbo lag.. your wastegate will be opening and closing rather then just staying open, due to the boost leak, therefore your turbo will keep spooling due to the leak...

hard to explain, but yeah, i would just do a boost leak test to verify its staying closed fully during boost

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Sounds like you're fine...best of luck on the "new" parts and tune!
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in