What parts do I purchase first? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Exclamation What parts do I purchase first?

Hey all.. I was going to swap to a B16A2 but decided against it. So im going to boost my cute single cam. Im going to purchse the parts by pieces because I am a broke college student.
If it helps, im looking for at least ~190WHP or enough to beat stock RSX-S', S2000's, and FG Si's.

Any recommendations on what parts to start ordering first? It may sound like a stupid question, but I dont want to order the exhaust manifold, later to find out its the wrong one for the turbo. Thanks!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU DON'T NEED A CAMBER KIT YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT.
DarkCreep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Might want to build that y7 a little better to Handle the Boost.

It depends actually but you're gonna want more and you might Break Down.

Give us a Run Down again on what you have done to your Engine?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
Might want to build that y7 a little better to Handle the Boost.

It depends actually but you're gonna want more and you might Break Down.

Give us a Run Down again on what you have done to your Engine?
I guess ill look into building the motor some before actually putting the turbo then.
I was looking to boost 6-8 on the stock block. Ill start off with the ARP head studs first.
All the motor has is an intake.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 sohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

For 190-200whp...

Good clutch, ARP headstuds and a 50 trim Go-Autoworks turbo kit @ about 8psi.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreep View Post
I guess ill look into building the motor some before actually putting the turbo then.
I was looking to boost 6-8 on the stock block. Ill start off with the ARP head studs first.
All the motor has is an intake.
That's what I thought you had also. You could throw a Turbo in there and make it work.
Just Remember one of the Weakest Parts of Block with Boost are the Piston Rods. If you want something Bad @ss, might want to start there and work your way up.

You could piece all your Parts together little by little. You just got to make a List of the actual parts you're looking for and get them as you go. You said on your other Thread that you want to get a Edelbrock Intake Manifold, it is a Nice piece but also pretty expensive. I just Swapped my y7 intake manifold to a y8 intake manifold a couple of weeks ago and I think that will work for me.
It's going to take you some time. Don't rush it. It'll come through. You'll see.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 14 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

do the exhaust, buy some headstuds and boost it. Everything needed for the turbo you'll need all at once to install it, but for example so far I have bought (in this order), obd1 conversion and p28, turbo and manifold, oil lines and wastegate, bov and 450cc injectors, intercooler, and I still need to get my downpipe and intercooler piping made and I will be able to install but I still need to get gauges, a turbo timer, and most importantly to get tuned to be DD ready lol. But my build came to a hault, because I am rebuilding my d16a6, and its only like $100 more to go vitara's/forged rods and fj-distributors parts compared to doing a full oem rebuild, and it'll be good till 400whp (theoretically).

yea like pata said a y8 manifold should do for your goals (with room to spare), and like sohc sol said Go-Autoworks makes great products.

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

See DarkCreep. You just got to Look thru other members Build Threads and get ideas.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

When I look at build threads I see 250hp and up builds but mostly above 300hp it seems.

Thanks for the info on FJ site, lots of good stuff.
Sidneyious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 03:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

mostly cuz a stock block can take roughly 220whp(d16). so most builds are 220whp and undr and 300whp and up simply cuz if your gonna spend the money to build your block up then why only go for 250whp. most go for 300-400whp after building the block. g/l w/ your build. i started w/ a turbo and built off of it. i think if your gonna peice a kit together always get the turbo first, depending on what turbo, size of turbo, ect. you'll need a d/p and mani that have the right flanges, what injectors you need depends on how much air your turbo is pushing, oil lines w/ the proper fittings to fit your turbo, ect. i think you get the point.

g/l w/ the build

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Im going to order the ARP head studs first then instead of getting Volk lugs.

Is $120 shipped from eBay a good price?

Old 10-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4...3A1|240%3A1318

I want to order that turbo. Is that something that will work well with my set up? And who makes these turbos?
Thanks!

If I get some good responses ill probably order tonight.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!

Go talk to Uncle Summit. I think I picked up my studs for like $95 shipped.

Think about a cam. Easiest way to open up power on a turbo build is with a cam. A new Crower runs about $320, but you D16 guys have more (and cheaper) options than us D17 guys. Either way, I'm put down 260whp on 8.5 pounds with a Stage 2 Crower.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!

Gah! And if you can, don't skimp on the turbo. While lots of folks have run the ching-chang turbos without problems, it's a real crapshoot as to whether or not you'll get a good one. A nice, T3-footed Garrett Super 60 (around $500 new) would be a good find if you could catch a used one.

|
|
|
Old 10-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
Gah! And if you can, don't skimp on the turbo. While lots of folks have run the ching-chang turbos without problems, it's a real crapshoot as to whether or not you'll get a good one. A nice, T3-footed Garrett Super 60 (around $500 new) would be a good find if you could catch a used one.
So the one im ordering is a generic one?

I also wanted to know what other parts I can order that are generic such as the intercooler. I am not trying to be cheap, but I dont want to pay just to have a fancy name emblazoned or imprinted on the product. I know my intake performs just as well, if not better than other AEM, Injen, Fujita etc. intakes.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

man im tired of these kinds of threads.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lifes short, drive fast!

Rep Power: 19 Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalrex View Post
man im tired of these kinds of threads.
how can anyone not be?!?!?!

TRY A FUCKING SEARCH!!!!

There are HUNDREDS of threads that answer EVERY SINGLE ONE of your questions. No your setup is not special, no there are not special circumstances here that need special attention. This is just like EVERY OTHER fucking low boost "build"!!!! jesus christ! i mean i help noobs all the time, hell im tutoring a guy on clubcivic right now, but this shit is INSANE!

GO-AUTOWORKS.COM - The one and only, best of the Honda world!
No longer a D owner, but forever a D member
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

I go in cycles. I got into a pissing contest with someone in the 7thgen section and shouldn't have so I'm refilling a little of my karma balance.

|
|
|
Old 10-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max713 View Post
how can anyone not be?!?!?!

TRY A FUCKING SEARCH!!!!

There are HUNDREDS of threads that answer EVERY SINGLE ONE of your questions. No your setup is not special, no there are not special circumstances here that need special attention. This is just like EVERY OTHER fucking low boost "build"!!!! jesus christ! i mean i help noobs all the time, hell im tutoring a guy on clubcivic right now, but this shit is INSANE!
calm down buddy, everything will be ok...

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
calm down buddy, everything will be ok...
seriously. we've all been there. every noob need time to break out of his BIG WHEEL days. ahh the good ole days.......
Old 10-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

the funny thing about this thread is the fact that it doesnt matter WTF the op buys first. It doesnt matter what order he buys parts at all because until his has them all they will only be boxs of parts.

mark dow all the parts you will need and pick from them out of a hat.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in