Turbo stuff installed, getting two CEL's - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Turbo stuff installed, getting two CEL's

Just installed my turbo stuff on my 97 civic (d16y7).

Only stuff that matters for the CEL's I'm guessing are this:

obd I chipped p(not a 28, I forgot which it is)
OBD II > I conversion harness
Doubt this has anything to do with it, but a moto. 2.5 bar map installed, wired correctly, along with dsm450's and resistor box, also wired correctly.

Running xenocron basemap he wrote for me. I didn't change any other electronics.

Now I'm getting code 14 (IACV) and 22. 22 is something with VTEC which my car doesn't have vtec so IDK why I'm getting that. And the IACV I'm guessing has something to do with the 3 wire IAC?

just need some help to get these codes off before I go to get tuned. Thanks guys.

BTW didn't have any codes before the turbo parts install.
m R g S r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 Anonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 27 reviews

Sounds like you got a P06 ecu that is moded to run vtec... so the vtec needs to be shut off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

271 WHP/ 235tq 14 psi.

other DD 1995 Toyota Tacoma 3 inch lift 33x12.5 toyo M/T tires
On my way to my AA in Diesel technology
Anonymoussquid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 mwsol96 is starting to learn the ropesmwsol96 is starting to learn the ropesmwsol96 is starting to learn the ropesmwsol96 is starting to learn the ropesmwsol96 is starting to learn the ropesmwsol96 is starting to learn the ropes

To run obd-1 you'll need a two wire IACV. Easiest, cheapest way around this is a d16y8 IM. If you search you will find a pin-out diagram you'll want to see before attempting the two wire conversion.

mwsol96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 08:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoussquid View Post
Sounds like you got a P06 ecu that is moded to run vtec... so the vtec needs to be shut off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwsol96 View Post
To run obd-1 you'll need a two wire IACV. Easiest, cheapest way around this is a d16y8 IM. If you search you will find a pin-out diagram you'll want to see before attempting the two wire conversion.
here is the diagram. http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/...-98_a-plug.jpg since you have changed the dx ecu you will now have to asses this problem.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Easiest way is to swap intake manifolds? You sure I can't just swap IACV's?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

And I told chris I was running a y7, so I doubt he would write a basemap for a VTEC motor . . .?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 importheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I just looked at the chart for performing a 3 wire to 2 wire conversion. What it actually needed from the 2 wire connector? Could you not just depin the orange wire and still run the 3 wire?

MY THREAD:

MY exhaust FAQ:

importheaven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

you need the actual plug for the two wire iacv for the conversion.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

I'm not swapping intake manifold and re-doing my charge piping etc etc.

Can I just buy a 2 wire IAC and the plug and swap it and re-pin on the ECU?

Or can I just have the tuner disable the IACV and tune without it. I know cars with very large injectors and aftermarket intake manifolds do this and run fine after tuning.

I would like to get this sorted out tomorrow so I can tune this week or next. Just looking for a solid answer. Thanks
Old 10-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

you can disable it.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks that's all I needed, that seems like the simplest solution, espically when I have to switch back to stock for Inspection here in NY.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

nevermind about disabling it. I just spoke to Chris, he said it would make tuning easier with an IACV on there. So I still need to know if its possible to use a two wire IAC on the y7 intake mani somehow?? I'm pretty sure I have a two wire iac lying around, so I would like to use it and get this done...
Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

no, you can't use a two wire on a y7 IM

Old 10-20-2008, 07:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 14 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

just swap to a y8 manifold. Thats how to fix your problem. And it'll probably help performance wise as well.

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

na i'm making a remote mounted two wire iacv. its much easier than an intake manifold swap.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 importheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

^ elaborate

MY THREAD:

MY exhaust FAQ:

importheaven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

The way people do with sheet metal intake manifolds. Make a plate for the two wire IACV to mount it on, with a nipple to go to a vacuum source.

Question, I made the plate and all but idle is still very high and surges a little. On the throttle body, the old IACV is still mounted. Is it open when unplugged? AKA causing a vacuum leak? If so I have to make a block off plate for it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in