Fmu help!!!!!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Post Fmu help!!!!!!!

i got my fmu installed and now once i buil boost or decide to it leans out and thats where i sit now
racecivic94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

ditch the fmu!!!!

get a real tune done, don't be a retard.

but if your dead set on it, post up a pic of the install. i can try and help you figure it out.

**disclaimer: if your engine blows up cause of any help, its not my fault. i already stated that the fmu was junk and need not but under the hood of your car**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

yea don not make the same mistake that i did get tune
snail89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

what happened to your motor
Old 10-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Use the fmu and limp it to a tuner, remove it, trash it and then get a tune.

Good luck and be sure to post some numbers.
Sidneyious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

^^this is a "good" idea..
Quote:
Originally Posted by racecivic94 View Post
what happened to your motor
probably the same thing that happeneds to all of them. its one of two, normally. either wash the walls or throw a rod.

timing is a mother trucker when it comes to boost.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

top port is vacume line, middle port is feed, and bottom is return.. but i highly suggest you getting a chipped ecu with some injectors, and go from there.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

could be something else. maybe the two haves are not sealed correctly. maybe the diaphram is bad. pics tend to lead people into looking at the item in question. which normally leads to one help ones self, cause the problem was easily seen.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 txdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
i got my fmu installed and now once i buil boost or decide to it leans out and thats where i sit now
the only help i can give you has been given already get rid of the fmu
txdohczc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

ditch the FMU and get real fuel mgmt..... asap
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

yep listen to them you do not wana ended like me having a big hole on block
Old 10-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Default no i didn't call that one. its really what normally happends when you use a fmu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail89 View Post
a big hole on block
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
throw a rod.
its like so what happens.. like oh my god..

you would really have to be a clown to still want to use one of these things after everything people know about them..

Old 10-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

yea i know but i did not do my homework by searching even by having a s200 i did no trust anybody to tune my car here in va
Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

ok i got that, i gotta order a chip kit and get a tune on it. but me and my friends boosted it today and then looking at it againg the o2 sensor isnt hooked up(wires to short) someone missed it i guess but would this cause a major problem with the computer and the injectors and fuel pump?we started this project at 2pm today and finished it around 830 so i just wanna get it running good enough til i get it chipped
Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail89 View Post
yea i know but i did not do my homework by searching even by having a s200 i did no trust anybody to tune my car here in va
http://www.shuetuning.com/

matt shue. he is hands down (imho) the best tuner in VA. you WILL NOT be disappointed with a tune from him.

Quote:
ok i got that, i gotta order a chip kit and get a tune on it. but me and my friends boosted it today and then looking at it againg the o2 sensor isnt hooked up(wires to short) someone missed it i guess but would this cause a major problem with the computer and the injectors and fuel pump?we started this project at 2pm today and finished it around 830 so i just wanna get it running good enough til i get it chipped
bring it xenocron, chris will know exactly what to do with it .

Old 10-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
http://www.shuetuning.com/

matt shue. he is hands down (imho) the best tuner in VA. you WILL NOT be disappointed with a tune from him.

bring it xenocron, chris will know exactly what to do with it .
agreed, i was gonna drive up there myself to get my tuning done, john kerr recommended this guy

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

doesnt help me. cause i wouldnt be able to drive it there does he have base maps he could throw together
Old 10-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
agreed, i was gonna drive up there myself to get my tuning done, john kerr recommended this guy
i am pretty sure i recommended him to you before. but you said something about your tuner being better. anyway, its all good. i never got a tune done by him, but i have ridden in some of the cars he has tuned. not one had any cross over issues (power spikes or a/f dips) while boosted, both in the dohc and sohc worlds. if he had more time when i was ready to tune, i would have had him do it. sadly, he was busy till four days before i had to drive across country to my new military base. oh well.
Quote:
doesnt help me. cause i wouldnt be able to drive it there does he have base maps he could throw together
no, your best bet is www.xenocron.com for a tune. idk any other tuners in the northern east coast states.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 txdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enough

yeah goto xenocron.com he sells basemaps
txdohczc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

im looking at it now and for what im running idk what im gonna put down for injectors yet cause im in the middle now i wanna got wit dsm injectors or maybe h22 injectors since i dont need a resistor box unless i put in the dsm ones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in