Anyone boosted autocross - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Anyone boosted autocross

just wanna read some opinions from people who have experience doing it. would like to know your setup and the direction you went
95civicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

in for answers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

ask the admin member named "Levi".

he does it with his hatch.

iirc, he has done it NA, s/c, and turbo.

he will not be on till probably monday, so don't bother to keep asking abou it. just pm the man and be done with it. he is an auto-x whorebag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
ask the admin member named "Levi".

he does it with his hatch.

he has done it s/c and turbo.

he will not be on till probably monday, so don't bother to keep asking abou it. just pm the man and be done with it. he is an auto-x whorebag.
Took the words right out of my mouth .
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecduck View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth .
what did he have to take out before the words came....?

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by " Low " View Post
what did he have to take out before the words came....?

I'm not like him and Levi .
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

Last edited by vtecduck; 10-17-2008 at 06:27 PM.
vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

Quote:
my bad, i got the STAFF's mixed up....

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
<- no homo

now charlie and levi..... well... rofl.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 DougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

I'll tell you how I went........Suspension, Tires, Race for a year, about to install turbo.

If you're serious about auto-x, sell the turbo kit and buy better suspension and tires. Quit B-dreamin', it's not needed. Some of the fastest Hondas around my region are D-series and I've beat plenty of B-series cars with my D, before I even had my Dunlops.

Or, get a boost controller, injectors, Hondata and a Kteller 2.5" downpipe and see how you like that.

If me and other guys can run quick times with stock D-series motors, then a turbo on the stock motor shouldn't slow you down any.
DougNuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2008, 02:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 steinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I tried autocross a couple of times, no problem with boost. My setup is in the link in my sig. Just get a turbo that spools up early, and keep the rpm's above that point, and you should be good to go

Do suspension, brakes and tires first, though.

Function > Form
steinar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KaBlammyman Send a message via Yahoo to KaBlammyman

I usually don’t recommend suspension to newb autoX drivers, but since you will be running a turbo anyway, you will be placed in some mod class...with some really fast cars. With that said, get a nice suspension setup, and acquire the taste of humble pie.
After a few events your next mod MUST be driver school...best mod out there! (I still need to go to a drivers school)
KaBlammyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2008, 08:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

is greddy 15g a good choice for autoX? seems like i hit full boost around 4k rpm's. the track in my area is actually a race track not just a bunch of cones lined up to make a track. the torque is really fun on the long straights. i can hit 100 mph on 5 psi on this certain straight so no telling what i can hit once i up the boost a little. i definitely want to upgrade my suspension. its got to much body roll plus i am only dropped like 1.5". i been thinking about a coilover setup such as tein basics but yet to pull the trigger on anything. figured i would read more and get some more opinions before i drop anymore cash
95civicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 DougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Just hold off until I get my kit up and running so I can tell you when I reach full boost. I'm guessing that a boost controller and kteller downpipe would wake up your car, but I'll be able to let you know before Christmas for sure.

As for racing, don't worry about how much you're lowered (ex. 1.5"), that effects almost nothing except camber if you have no way to adjust it. You want light wheels and really sticky tires first. Then move on to suspension parts and power. I routinely get smoked by a local guy who drives an ~'03 Civic in H-stock. Granted, he went to nationals this year, but h-stock means stock springs and big time body roll, so there is a lot to be said for driver ability and tires.
DougNuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Let's Go Oakland!

Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to Psychoblue23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougNuts View Post
Just hold off until I get my kit up and running so I can tell you when I reach full boost. I'm guessing that a boost controller and kteller downpipe would wake up your car, but I'll be able to let you know before Christmas for sure.

As for racing, don't worry about how much you're lowered (ex. 1.5"), that effects almost nothing except camber if you have no way to adjust it. You want light wheels and really sticky tires first. Then move on to suspension parts and power. I routinely get smoked by a local guy who drives an ~'03 Civic in H-stock. Granted, he went to nationals this year, but h-stock means stock springs and big time body roll, so there is a lot to be said for driver ability and tires.
he speaks the truth!

- Current Daily

- Family Car
Psychoblue23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in