FarmerD's 90 civic cx built for 11s...but went 10s - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Default FarmerD's 90 civic cx built for 11s...but went 10s

updated a few details on 11/23/2009

when i first started learning about forced induction my favorite thing to do was lurk on build threads. so here is mine for the next generation.

ive done most everything myself minus machine work on the block. ive also spent some good cash on tools. (if you do this, make sure you have an adequate tool box first. or your precision tools will get owned)

desired results:

i started off collecting bottom end parts soon after my 2nd build started. my first build didnt last, and i was so disappointed. i wanted to have a stable reliable car. i didnt feel it was possible with the stock bottom end. i had never drag raced before at this point.

that was almost a year ago. boy have things changed. since then, my 2nd setup has been running rock solid at 10+psi daily. and it hits WOT/max boost every drive it gets warm on. some that it doesnt.

the difference? the tune. i had my 2nd setup dyno tuned by a reputable tuner.

then i took the stock setup drag racing. i fell in love. i cant think of any better place to spend my time or my money.

so now i have all these parts, a car that could weigh 1800lb or less, and a shit load of knowledge. time for a new DD, and this civic to become a weekend warrior/drag car.

setup 3:

a6 block and head, bisimoto custom 1.2 grind (ended up using a Colt cam A6 NA grind... couldnt beat 11.79 w/ the bisi cam... )
china .50ar/.63ar turbo, 44 trim (yup, measured it myself...) EDIT: replaced by Holset He351CW. hehe
75.5 vitaras (ended up going with 8.5:1 SRP forged after vitara motor dropped a valve)
FJT i beams (ended up using Eagles after the vitara motor went south)
basicly the whole FJT kit, minus the HG (edit; didnt use much of this after it was all said and done. got a good job at an oem parts supplier)
tial 38mm sport
obd1 w/ ectune
gm 3bar
bosch fuel pump
leaning towards precision 880cc injectors (ended up going with Venom 750cc's, they flowed like shit. replaced with Precision 788's)
weirtech traction bar kit
1990 honda civic cx (was an auto, and it was white... heh)
torn between splog and cast mani, but will try the splog first. (fuck the cast manifold) edit: cast manifold sold. splog for this near, maybe top mount next??

notes:

i want to be forced into installing a roll cage
ive never build a bottom end before
i live on my own and support myself, not much extra cash
i have a welder, and i like to use it.

pics
the car

tear down

fresh block, 75.5mm .004 over

micropolished crank

first attempt at notching... did go far enough.

here we go. this was enough.

home made oil fittings. filed true (only get to use the drain now since the china t3/t4 is gone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Last edited by FarmerD; 01-11-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: title change baby!
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

fitting the rings for clearance with old 75mm piston

feeler'n it up, upper ring .018 2nd .019

installing the retaining clip for the wrist pin. mine slid in no problem

rings on the pistons. i used the endyn ring diagram.

gotta have your arp lube...

dont forget to put lube under the head of the bolt.

pistons in. i used a sleeve ring compressor. it worked well when it wasnt upside down and held firmly to the cylinder.
Quote:
Old 10-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Classic Man

main caps all ready for action

havnt notched the gurdle

they sit flush...

fabbing up the splog manifold...

verifying if the stock oil pump was still good. spec'd out.

Quote:

Old 10-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Classic Man

gm 3 bar

here we are as of today.

here are some of the things im currently using, and plan to use on build 3

home made catch can

weirtech traction bar kit

moroso exhaust slash cut pcv system

things left to do
now i need to refresh my head with a little valve grind compound, replace the valve seals and swap an a6 cam in. (its a b2 head)

chase the threads and throw the arps in.

throw the timing belt on.

make new down pipe. already have flanges and mandrel u

get ectune, injectors, fuel pump, high pressure bov, obd1 swap and new charge 2/2.5inch charge piping. prolly more i cant remember. too much money. lol at least i got winter to build up
Quote:
Old 10-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 rrussell is a name known to allrrussell is a name known to allrrussell is a name known to allrrussell is a name known to allrrussell is a name known to allrrussell is a name known to allrrussell is a name known to allrrussell is a name known to allrrussell is a name known to allrrussell is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Engine in the closet thats way cool!!! I did that with my 440 CI bare-block when I was a teenager, my Mom almost kicked my ass out because of it. LMAO.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

please tell me you lubed everything like a whore in vegas? sorry if you did, but it looks like everything is dry being assembled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Nice Job on the Turbo Manifold!

Keep them Pics coming.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

yeah its all lubed. i usually didnt want to take pics with my new cam after i lubed everything up. haha.

the one thing i forgot was the heads of the arp rod bolts. so i had to redo them. that was annoying. see my note above that pic.
Quote:
Old 10-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

looking good so far i miss boost good luck
snail89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

good luck
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

woooooooooh! makes me want to do a rebuild but im just too scared like little.. and the cost is holdin me back but this write up makes me want to tear the little engine up. great write up! i know you hate me dan
4dek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

looks good so far!

good luck with it!

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

haha hes got a motor "hidin in the closet"
Old 10-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Classic Man

one more pic, in race form. current setup is good for 13.288 @ 106.81mph

Quote:
Old 10-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Happy LiL Trees....

JPB-EJ1 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Great build thread with nice pic's!!! Motivates me to get going on mine. thanks!

JPB-EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2008, 05:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 Angry is learning the way of the DAngry is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Nice, Im diggin the moreso slash cut PVC setup.....
Angry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Looks great!

O fuck me. that fitting on the block coolant drain plug is fucking sick. that and and a TT adapter for coolant that goes inbetween the upper hose and the head and you have clean painless water cooled turbo. Did you fab that or does someone sell it??
Old 10-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
Classic Man

i tried to drill and tap the stock sender for 1/4 npt but i fucked it up and it didnt tap straight. and npt is hard enough to tap when it is straight.. i just gave up and welded an npt fitting to it.

i want to make my own adapter block. but i might buy one. i have everything id need... more pics i guess.

i forgot to mention i wont be using that plug because this turbo isnt water cooled.
Quote:

Last edited by FarmerD; 10-18-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

I might have to try and tap a 1/8 / 5/16 hose barb fitting into my drain plug
Old 10-18-2008, 09:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

When you notch your Main Bearing Cap, Can you post a Pic??

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
d16a6, drag, fast, racing, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in