Curious about hp/trq numbers - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Curious about hp/trq numbers

during my research i have always came up finding people that claim their turbo d put out even power numbers like 175hp/175trq or 185hp/185trq etc... With my build, I want just as much torque, if not more, than horsepower. i dont care to make more than 200 hp unless i could hit 200trq also. get what i am saying? my goal is i want to autocross with this car so i dont care about maxing out my setup but torque is king in autocross so i want as much as possible.
95civicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 22 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98CiviCn00b

Its all in the tune...so do a regular turbo build with a small turbo that builds boost quick that can peak about 250whp and have the tuner make it a torque monster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87611

read it.. now!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I must agree with 98CiviCn00b, components are basics. Tuning is every thing!

Bst of luck with your build! Have patience!
ELpacoSV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D

i wasnt asking about how much power i will make. i was just asking how do you get just as much torque as horsepower? nothing specific to my setup or not. just in general
Old 10-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

doesn't matter, your still asking about a whp/tq number. even general numbers are nothing but fly by your pants answers. which is what "we" are trying to avoid doing. cause if it doesn't work out for you, you might get a bitter taste about the site.

there is no way to know for sure, cause every engine responds differently to tuning.

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 10-17-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifes short, drive fast!

Rep Power: 19 Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

if your set on torque... just make a torque goal, go to the tuner and tell him you want 200tq, why in the hell wud you rather have 200hp/200tq than 220hp/200tq???

GO-AUTOWORKS.COM - The one and only, best of the Honda world!
No longer a D owner, but forever a D member
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

cause the OP is focused on numbers, instead of treating his/her engine with care. i see this going bad very quickly.

OP = "could you make as much TQ as possible?"
tuner = "sure, i will just richen it up and leave the timing conservative."
OP= "cool!"
**2 hours later**
tuner = "yeah, i accedentally washed your walls cause i kept trying to make tq using the tune. sorry about that."
OP = "what? those damn guys on d-s.org. they lied to me!"
tuner = "well maybe you should not have focused on a number, but more on a good tune."

Old 10-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

i made 176whp/176wtq because i have a small turbo that chokes up top, so i cant keep the torque up in the higher rpms. thus the low hp number.

if u want lower hp lower your rpms :P

if you want more torque run more boost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
if u want lower hp lower your rpms
true, considering whp is dirived from wtq and rpm..

but limiting the engine with a small turbo is very bad. it chokes it up, making it run hotter. hot = bad. how do you get rid of that? you dump fuel. which leads to the above conversation .

danz, how was your last engine again?

edit: and don't say it was the build. look for the guy with the highest whp output for vitaras. he reused his oem bearings during his "getto/el'cheapo" build up.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

i was more just curious how guys ended up with the same amount of torque as horsepower and now i understand that its all in the tune.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

how? tune, turbo size, CR, cam size.

edit: the correct combonation of them will equal a car with more tq.

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 10-17-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

my engine runs great. 15psi plus intake temps of 120f with the small turbo.

i forgot to add that one last thing. if you want EARLY torque, get a smaller exhaust turbine. but that will limit your upper rpms. like me right now. thats why i set the limiter to 7200rpm, and run ngk racing plugs heat range 9. (recently downgraded from 10's because of the weather...)
Quote:
Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
my engine runs great. 15psi plus intake temps of 120f with the small turbo.

i forgot to add that one last thing. if you want EARLY torque, get a smaller exhaust turbine. but that will limit your upper rpms. like me right now. thats why i set the limiter to 7200rpm, and run ngk racing plugs heat range 9. (recently downgraded from 10's because of the weather...)
lol, i was refering to your first engine. lol. was just -ing at you bro.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Classic Man

man that first engine was sweet. i think it was just my noob status but that shit was fast. haha i cant wait to try my hand at another d15b2.
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in