Waste gate dump pipe - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Vtec_D15B will become famous soon enoughVtec_D15B will become famous soon enoughVtec_D15B will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Default Waste gate dump pipe

hello, did you guys run your waste gate dump pipe stright down or did you run it to your down pipe?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

263.3Whp @ 15PSI
Vtec_D15B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 vadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

straight down
the car sounds mean during acceleration
vadimqwe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifes short, drive fast!

Rep Power: 19 Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

wut do you really want to know? people do both. it will be much quieter if you run it in the d.p.

i ran mine straight down

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GO-AUTOWORKS.COM - The one and only, best of the Honda world!
No longer a D owner, but forever a D member
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max713 View Post
wut do you really want to know? people do both. it will be much quieter if you run it in the d.p.

i ran mine straight down
, me too. Open dump sounds so sexy under boost .
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 vadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eagle

heres some examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Vp6ebgHt4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFPVZVK6Lw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf5tSN1zLpg
Old 10-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Love the sound of a open dump.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Vtec_D15B will become famous soon enoughVtec_D15B will become famous soon enoughVtec_D15B will become famous soon enough

ya the guys who did my oil return. told me to run it to the down pipe... i think that more work for me and more money 4 him... so im going with the open down pipe.

263.3Whp @ 15PSI
Old 10-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec_D15B View Post
ya the guys who did my oil return. told me to run it to the down pipe... i think that more work for me and more money 4 him... so im going with the open down pipe.
nice, so the shop was installing your turbo?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

no the guy came by the house to see my set up.

263.3Whp @ 15PSI

Last edited by Vtec_D15B; 10-14-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

im waiting on the clutch to show up.....hopyfuly on the 15 or the 16.

263.3Whp @ 15PSI
Old 10-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

be more specific about the question its a 50/50 question/answer people do both, traditional way is to return, but alot run open external dump tubes (aka screamer pipe)
cars are less noisey under boost with return and alot more noisey with open dump,
i run external dump and its abit noise but not too bad with only 8psi, if i run 15psi its even louder

217.60whp 179.33ftq @ 8psi, 13.46 @ 103MPH.

whipbak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

hmm ya the guys who did my oil return, said you could hurt the waste gate piston because of no back pressure. whats why i ask the question.

263.3Whp @ 15PSI
Old 10-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

i did mine back into the DP

stealth FTW plus i dont like exhaust dumping onto anything and making it black.

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec_D15B View Post
hmm ya the guys who did my oil return, said you could hurt the waste gate piston because of no back pressure. whats why i ask the question.
Open dump all day, everyday. The only reason I've ever recirculated a dump was for the quietness at a customer request.
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO-AUTOWORKS View Post
Open dump all day, everyday. The only reason I've ever recirculated a dump was for the quietness at a customer request.
listen to this man lol

nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Old 10-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

i had mine going to the dp for quietness.

i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.

Last edited by myHonda1; 10-14-2008 at 06:29 PM.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

^^^^^^

not bad at all

here is mine

the build

Old 10-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 14 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunky01 View Post
i dont like exhaust dumping onto anything and making it black.
anyone have some pictures of an open downpipe? That is how I was planning to run mine but I don't want my block covered in soot!

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bznc View Post
anyone have some pictures of an open downpipe? That is how I was planning to run mine but I don't want my block covered in soot!
well if you run it close to the exhaust and under the engine you will be fine

the build

Old 10-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 14 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunky01 View Post
well if you run it close to the exhaust and under the engine you will be fine
Yeah mine will be running basically right beside the downpipe, and stops like at like the oil pan gasket and just shoots right down. I might just weld it up to the downpipe since it is right beside it, or see how I like it with the open dumptube. haha I am not sure but.. /threadjack

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in