Strange turbo need some advice - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Emperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Strange turbo need some advice

ive buyed today an pretty new turbo and now i dont know how good it is

its an garrett m24 A/R .43 without an wastegate
googel say nothing exact about

i think its too smal for an 2liter engine? or?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
what's wrong with child labour?, start them young and keep them off the streets.

Last edited by Emperor; 10-12-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2008, 06:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
ive buyed today an pretty new turbo and now i dont know how good it is

its an garrett m24 A/R .43 without an wastegate
googel say nothing exact about

i think its too smal for an 2liter engine? or?

i post soon pics
pics?

m24 is a stamp that garrett puts on a variety of turbos. you cant tell by that m24 stamp, but i might be able to tell from a pic of the turbo.

edit:
show me the compressor
Old 10-12-2008, 06:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

looks like an old subaru flange

Old 10-12-2008, 06:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Good for instant boost on a daily...nothing more.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
insert user title here

turn that turbo around. show me the cold side
Old 10-12-2008, 06:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Emperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to allEmperor is a name known to all

more pics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
what's wrong with child labour?, start them young and keep them off the streets.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
insert user title here

way too small. to small for a 1.6 let alone a 2.0
that thing would be a constant hairdryer pushed way beyond its efficiency.

what motor is this going on?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i have no idea from which car it is
thats the main problem

there is no info about an m24 with such AR

all i found was the skyline GTR 32 use two with an A/R 46

Quote:
Old 10-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
insert user title here

what car do you want to put this on?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

we planned to put it on a lexus IS 200 with the 1g-fe

the car can only handel low boost max 0.5bar
iam afraid its too small to feed an 2liter inline 6

but spooling at idel sounds cool too

Quote:
Old 10-13-2008, 03:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

it kinda looks like a ford probe turbo.... but i dont think they used a garrett...imho i dont think its a good choice for your build. going on a little d15/16 i would say go for it boost on it would be almost instant and should hold. if i remember mine is a 48 trim garret off a volvo and its about the same size as a t25 dsm turbo. that looks to be about the same size....to small for a 2.0 imo but try it out and see how it goes.

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

ok i found out it have an internal watsegate

makes the thing more strange lol cause i cant see an exit for the gases

how can a turbo have an wastegate flap(right word???) without an exit for it?

Quote:
Old 10-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #13 (permalink)

i dont see where it would either there is no actuator on it to read boost to let it know when to open the wastegate. Personally i would sell it on ebay or something and just go with a Garrett T28 its good all around. And it looks like water was sitting in that turbo how is the shaft play
racecivic94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

zero play and perfect blades

perfect condition
it only look at the exhaust side and in the middel so rusty

hmmm maybe a nice toy for the coming DD aka d13?
i could use an external wastegate

btw
It was sold to me as a t28 LOL fucking egay liar

Quote:
Old 10-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

damn that sucks that you got shafted like that. but an external wastegate would work perfect if your still gonna use that one. i would just get a slightly bigger turbo so if you build the motor in the future your already set.
racecivic94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

looks like its off a diesel. prolly a bit too small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via MSN to vxcoastie

Looks like a turbo from an early 90's subaru legacy....

D-series for life!!
vxcoastie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 02:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 guscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

it looks like the citroen zx turbo...i have one of those...it is pretty small
I buy from Americans cause I want the us economy to be #1 f china and f euros
guscivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in