My turbo build thread! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 13 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Default My turbo build thread!

Alright guys Im starting my turbo build thread for my Crx.
Shooting for low 13's on g-force sports, figure 210whp or so is a good goal for a daily driver with no lsd lol (hopefully a few months after the kit is on..)

I have..

SOHC ZC Block and D16Z6 Head
FJ Rebuild Kit (No more Vitara's/H-beams)
ARP Headstuds
Turbonetics T3 .50 trim
Ebay cast manifold
8psi wastegate
Johhny Racer FMIC
DSM 450cc injectors
DSM 1g BOV
P28, obd1 conversion, obd1 dizzy...

I need...

I/C Piping and Down Pipe
Oil Pump and TB Tensioner
Boost pressure, oil pressure, and water temp gauges.
Turbo timer
Catch can
And a really good TUNE!

You guys know anything else I might need??

Hopefully boosted someday haha, thanks to everyone who pushed me to go HMT instead of NA.

And what its going in.....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1571.JPG
Views:	650
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	19316   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1573.JPG
Views:	437
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	19318   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1585.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	19369   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1586.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	353.0 KB
ID:	19371  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- My Egg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Gone as well

- Sold

Last edited by bznc; 03-05-2009 at 07:40 PM.
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 vadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

nice build, you going to run on stock internals.. also why r u converting to obd1?
vadimqwe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimqwe View Post
nice build, you going to run on stock internals.. also why r u converting to obd1?
obd1 has better tuning capabilities.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 13 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle

yep, I'm about to send that p28 to phearable to get a chip/basemap, so I can limp to a dyno. I want to go to blue ridge motorsports (now a site sponsor, and have heard great things about them all over), but its at least a 3 hour drive, and I have heard good things about a place in Greensboro witch is about an hour away, I am about to search about RLZ because I hear a lot of talk about them from the guys up in Virgina. But if anyone knows any good tuners around Raleigh, NC let me know, and if you phantasm you've probably never dealt with them.

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
Old 10-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 txdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

im glad to hear you took my advice and did not go with a gay turbo kit from edelbrock or something
txdohczc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

haha yeah I heard it from a quite a few people! I am hopefully getting some dsm 450's at the moment from si-hatch86, still need a FMIC and piping, gauges, and to make a downpipe, I am hopefully getting a turbo timer, and maybe a few other parts from my friends older brothers eclipse gs-t that had the oil pump fail on I-40 a few years back and hes just now getting around to parting it out. The fmic is huge or else I would grab it, I don't think it would be suitable for my crx with this little t3 @ 8psi (the gs-t was pushing over 300whp eagle rods not sure of pistons and I think its a 20g? turbo)

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

that t3 is perfect for an a6.
turbonetics makes great turbos.
should spool fast and hold till redline. looking good
Old 10-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

nvm this post, I need to rebuild my motor before I throw on the turbo kit. leaks/burns .5 quarts every 2,000.

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold

Last edited by bznc; 10-08-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 jamisgood is learning the way of the Djamisgood is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jamisgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by si-hatch86 View Post
obd1 has better tuning capabilities.
Compared with OBDII's very crappy or very expensive tuning options.

Tein Basic Damper Coilovers
Fujita CAI
HP Racing 4-1 Ceramic Header
de-catted exhaust
16" Grid Full Royal Sport Bronze Rotas
2 1/4" custom exhaust
Lightened Flywheel
Apexi Neo
D17A2 engine
jamisgood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 03:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 15 Rease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rease3 Send a message via Yahoo to Rease3

lookin to a traction bar because fitment with turbo downpipe and dump is tuff with stock cross member. unless u build it around the cross member very close to oil pan

Rease3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 04:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

looks like a good setup man

man, i miss boost...
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 04:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

Good looking start.
Blueridge Motorsports Great place for tuning.
I'm not sure which place in Greensboro your talking about (I stayed there this past weekend, rode all around and never saw a shop)

If you need piping and an intercooler feel free to check with us.
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO-AUTOWORKS View Post
Good looking start.
Blueridge Motorsports Great place for tuning.
I'm not sure which place in Greensboro your talking about (I stayed there this past weekend, rode all around and never saw a shop)

If you need piping and an intercooler feel free to check with us.
Yeah I'd love to greg, idk if I could shell out $400 for piping and i/c but since I have the stock battery location and everything I've seen your thread about piping and saw a few crx's like mine. Where are you located? are you in nc? or virginia?

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
Old 10-10-2008, 03:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AJxr

that looks a little like a t3/t4, no? .63 ar hotside?

- Racer
d16, eagle/vitara 19psi, 12.27 @ 110.6mph, 1.795 60ft - retired
b18b1, holset, 14psi, 11.75 @ 114.75, 1.765 60ft - BONE STOCK ENGINE - retired
forged ls-vtec, itr cams, holset cranked. 1?.?? @ 1??.??
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2008, 05:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bznc View Post
Yeah I'd love to greg, idk if I could shell out $400 for piping and i/c but since I have the stock battery location and everything I've seen your thread about piping and saw a few crx's like mine. Where are you located? are you in nc? or virginia?
I believe Greg is here in Alabama, correct for me Im wrong.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJxr View Post
that looks a little like a t3/t4, no? .63 ar hotside?
This is the f/s thread I bought it in

Said T3 .50 trim, he said he got it from his friend who bought it new, but it had been used for a few months and was flawless, so it could be true its a t3/t4, but what made you think it was? I honestly would probably rather it be a t3/t4, probably build a little more power.

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

I just got some dsm 450cc injectors, and 1st gen bov, inching my way closer!

Since im running an a6 manifold I don't need the resistor box right?

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
Old 10-14-2008, 03:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 15 Rease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rease3 Send a message via Yahoo to Rease3

if u dont have one already. you have to user resistor box with dsm injectors

Rease3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 03:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Vtec_D15B will become famous soon enoughVtec_D15B will become famous soon enoughVtec_D15B will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

good luck with her. its a good start.

263.3Whp @ 15PSI
Vtec_D15B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rease3 View Post
if u dont have one already. you have to user resistor box with dsm injectors
I have one already so Its just a straight injector swap and im good right?

Thanks for the comments guys

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in