Piston and rod choice... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Piston and rod choice...

ok guys im debating on on whether or not to spend the money on sleeving my z6 im building and runin eagle or tuner toy rods and cp pistons... or if i wanna just go stock sleeves and fj rods and vitara pistons.... whats you guys' opinions on this im sure there are numerous thread on this topic but if you guys dont mind givin me your input i would greatly appreciate it ... and im lookin for the 400 450 range on power...
sol_slo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

no need to sleeve a d-series, if your not "shooting" for the stars.

and what is a "pitson"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna

400 ok on stock sleeves and the pistons and rods vitara and eagle h or i beams which ever they will hold that much easy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I ♥ my Honda

(Bisimoto Engineering)

Alittle Nitrous feed ls coming in 2013
DD 95 integra- intake,fx200 clutchmasters clutch, more to come
Rip 92 civic dx fo do

Last edited by 90zchatchy; 10-08-2008 at 04:45 PM.
90zchatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 DreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DreaMer

guy on H-T is at 500whp on stock sleeves which is about the limits supposedly. So rods and pistons is enough unless like 99EJT said, your shooting for the stars

DreaMer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
10 second daily driver :)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

got a link to this 500 whp D?
10.7 @ 137.97
1990 CRX Si D16Z6 305/265 @ 22 PSI (SOLD)
11.6 @ 118
Boosted91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

400whp on stock sleeves with what size pistons??? 75.5mm or 76mm? It make sense to me that the more material you take off the weaker it would be. cause if your going to do a eagle vitara build you better get some machine work done. bore (especially) , deck, mill,

back to your original question, the rod and piston choose. I don't see a whole lot of options here; TT, FJT, Eagle, . Pistons, Forged ( what brand, I dunno), or vitaras. I'm curious about this as well too. cause I wan't to do this build eventually.

Last edited by guest; 10-08-2008 at 05:13 PM.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 andresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to andresdelsol Send a message via MSN to andresdelsol

why dont you include in your list the y.c.p high compression pisstons w/ deflector, those are ship and pretty good quality!
andresdelsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default fj rods

well the main reason i said the fj rods is because they make them in a custom length rod for the vitara pistons... and if i go that route it will b 75.5 ... but if i do sleeve it ill do prolly a 78 bore... but i hear stories of guys makin 400 on the stock sleeves and vitaras and lastin years and then same time same set upsonly lastin 6 months ... the car is a dd right now so i need it reliable... i have a ls turbo in it now and and gettin rid of it for the z6 so ... but 400 will prolly be enough but i mean i dunno cause there is a cocky S*B in my town that just moved up from florida that im goin after ... and dudes a moron ... boosted a stock d15 on 15 psi and tried to tune it wit a vafc... lol and thanks guy for all the positive input... i really like this forum better than h-t ... theres too much bashing on there ...
Old 10-08-2008, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
fjt
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 fjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 44 reviews

well if you tune it right anything that you put in there will be reliable.

I had a DD Y7(non vtec) with Vitaras.. The car ran 12.4 all day on pump gas and it was my only car so i drove it absolutelly everywhere and anytime.. I drove it built with turbo for 2yrs before selling it and i would get over 26-28mpg if i drove it normal, staying out of WOT and boost... lol thats more than i get with my TSX

I got some options for you...

If you go the Forged expensive way:
FJ R SPEC H Beams + CP pistons Combo

If you go the Cheap way:
FJ R Spec Custom I beams + Vitara pistons Combo

I got rods available wether you want to run vitaras or not and i can also get you a good deal on CP Pistons and FJ H beams as well.
fjt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
no need to sleeve a d-series, if your not "shooting" for the stars.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted91 View Post
got a link to this 500 whp D?
Here is one: http://turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?f=...st=0&sk=t&sd=a
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 DreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DreaMer

also one on H-T. Tho Im not on HT that much, kinda retarded, its mostly filled with people going "B-series" B SERIES!!!!!!...I could care less for that, D is just fine, but when there is a d thread its useful...any who enough ranting...

DreaMer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #13 (permalink)

yeah im really leaning toward the fj r spec vitara combo... i mean 400whp ( on my high boost ) will be pretty nasty in a sol... and i mean if im gonna spend the money on forged and sleeve i feel like it would be best to keep my b series... my whole reason goin d is for the cost ... plus the crazy torque number they seem to produce
Old 10-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaMer View Post
also one on H-T. Tho Im not on HT that much, kinda retarded, its mostly filled with people going "B-series" B SERIES!!!!!!...I could care less for that, D is just fine, but when there is a d thread its useful...any who enough ranting...
the new thing seems to be K-series there now...

i see K>B>D all over hondatech... my thought for budget wise its D>K>B :P

217.60whp 179.33ftq @ 8psi, 13.46 @ 103MPH.

whipbak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in