A good source for the Boost Gauge? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Default A good source for the Boost Gauge?

Ok guys I just finish drilling and taping my turbo so that I can get a good source for my wastegate, now I need another source like this (before throttle body) for my boost gauge.
Can I install a T fitting from the turbo or must I drilled and tap another plug for my boost gauge?
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 guscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

why before your throttle body...that would give you a false reading wouldnt it???? it wouldnt read vacum as soon as you close the throttel...
I buy from Americans cause I want the us economy to be #1 f china and f euros
guscivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

dont you want to read vac?

my boost guage is in place of the useless little black thing on the back of the intake mani, right above the iat sensor... (the source is right next to the iat sensor, its the nipple coming off the back of the mani.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 04:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I have a boost guage only, I don't have the boost/vacumm guage.
It says in the installation instruction that I has to be before throttle body so either I tap the turbo again or tap somewhere in the cold side intercooler pipe (before the throttle body)
Old 10-08-2008, 04:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9295EJ-t View Post
dont you want to read vac?

my boost guage is in place of the useless little black thing on the back of the intake mani, right above the iat sensor... (the source is right next to the iat sensor, its the nipple coming off the back of the mani.)

^x2

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 04:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

i used one of the ports right off the intake manifold.
running one right off the turbo will have an inaccurate reading.
you will loose some boost between the turbo and intake manifold.
id personally want to see how much boost my motor is consuming, not how much my turbo is putting out.
nothing wrong with seeing vacuum. if your in vacuum, your out of boost.
vacuum = better gas mileage.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 guscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

welll if its boost only...i think you might still want to put it in the mani...because the turbo will always be spining...and it will give you a false reading...
I buy from Americans cause I want the us economy to be #1 f china and f euros
guscivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

sweet. straight up boost gauge.

u can still put it after the TB. it doesnt matter. splice into your stock FPR line with a T. done.

or T into your wastegate line. done.

there is nothing "false" about reading the pressure from the compressor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 brandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

i used a t off the fpr as well but that b/c i had the extra vacuum nipple thing(HEHE) on the bck of the intake mani used b/c i had to relocated my map sensor b/c of the jrsc

brandenj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I have an Edelbrock manifold, Im running a vucum hose from the manifold into a fastturbo vacuum block, should I run the boost gauge from there? that was my original plan.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Run it right to your vacuum manni. I used to run mine right to the cruise control nipple on the back of the manifold. I'll be running it to the vacumm manni now.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 01:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 peiku  is accepted as part of the communitypeiku  is accepted as part of the communitypeiku  is accepted as part of the communitypeiku  is accepted as part of the community

FYI...the little nipple on the back of the IM is for the purge solinoid.
peiku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 04:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

So just to make sure of what im doing, for my autometer boost only gauge, I will connect it to the from a source AFTER the throttle body, in my case it will be connected to my vacuum block which is connected to my Edelbrock manifold. Right??? Also can I use a silicone hose insted of that plastic hose that came with the kit?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
jew
www.rifftrax.com

Rep Power: 16 jew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via MSN to jew

yes and yes

Quote:
Whenever I pack something up, I take all the trash out of my car and use it for padding. Hamburger boxes, beer cans, whatever...A lot of times I'll even grab plastic bottles and put them in there. It's awesome.

jew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Oki doki, thanks guys!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in