What bit's for what rev's? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 RickyLee53 is learning the way of the DRickyLee53 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What bit's for what rev's?

I'm revving my D16Z6 to 7200 (stock) at the moment.

I'm wondering which part's I need to rev to 8k.

I have a built bottom end. I want to spend as little as possibly without loosing 2 much reliability. I'm hitting the limiter in 4th just before the line on the track. So need to rev higher.

I was thinking about some retainer's and spring's is this the minimum required to do 8k rpm's?

I know i probably won't make power up there it's just to save shifting to 5th on the track.
RickyLee53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

59300 cam, crsepo springs and jg retainers, has been working for me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 RickyLee53 is learning the way of the DRickyLee53 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit88 View Post
59300 cam, crsepo springs and jg retainers, has been working for me
I didn't really want to change the cam. Whats the price?
Do you have a pulley on there as well?

Old 05-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....

Don´t remember the prices.

Stock crank pulley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 jamisgood is learning the way of the Djamisgood is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to jamisgood

I would think you would be fine to fun up to 8k if you just had some nice aftermarket valve springs and retainers.

Tein Basic Damper Coilovers
Fujita CAI
HP Racing 4-1 Ceramic Header
de-catted exhaust
16" Grid Full Royal Sport Bronze Rotas
2 1/4" custom exhaust
Lightened Flywheel
Apexi Neo
D17A2 engine
jamisgood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisgood View Post
I would think you would be fine to fun up to 8k if you just had some nice aftermarket valve springs and retainers.
and rev limiter raised, j/k

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 05-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisgood View Post

Thats what I was hoping, what about the valve's though?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 chops_JDM D15B will become famous soon enoughchops_JDM D15B will become famous soon enoughchops_JDM D15B will become famous soon enough

is there any point in revving higher if you arent making power? the difference between that extra shift, or staying in 4th long after you are making good power is probably minimal, especially if you have an otherwise stock engine, because your power peaks around 6800-6900 rpm.

so i would do like others have said, and invest in some valvetrain upgrades... and a tune

what transmission are you using?

Quote:
VTEC CAMS NO GOOD INSIDE USDM D15 HEAD IS NOT JDM TO DO

Last edited by chops_JDM D15B; 05-12-2008 at 09:51 AM.
chops_JDM D15B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 09:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops_JDM D15B View Post
is there any point in revving higher if you arent making power? the difference between that extra shift, or staying in 4th long after you are making good power is probably minimal, especially if you have an otherwise stock engine, because your power peaks around 6800-6900 rpm.

so i would do like others have said, and invest in some valvetrain upgrades... and a tune

what transmission are you using?
I know the reason I do it is so I don't fall out of boost between shifts.Even though right now with the stock cam I'm probably not making power that high it helps me fall back into the sweet spot.

I've got zex springs/new oem retainers/stock valves/arp 2000 rod bolts,and tt rods and its all balanced though.Going to get the zex 59300 cam soon.

Quote:
holy fXck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

so you are boosted, reving it past the peak power isnt gonna power drop off instantly like an n/a car, tons of people rev past that on boosted cars to keep it at the right RPM for the next gear...u just want it to finsh off a few feet on the track, rev hre instead of shifting..., I have been reving to 8000rpms on a bone stock z6 head with 15psi from a t3/t04e 57 trim for over 2 years now.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 chops_JDM D15B will become famous soon enoughchops_JDM D15B will become famous soon enoughchops_JDM D15B will become famous soon enough

for a boosted motor, it is justifiable
OP stated he has a stock z6, with a built bottom end (?)

Quote:
Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie

ops, i saw what cBUScivictuner said about not falling out boost, and thought it was the OP.so i was thinking he was boosted

teamdohc.org

Old 05-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Just get the supertech valve springs and retainers. Than you should be good to go with your 8k rpm.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

But the op has a boosted car and I would say you prolly could raise the rev limiter to 7600-7800 safely you dont need valves the stock ones are fine you arent making enough power to justify but if you want piece of mind get springs and retainers and rev away. And to the person who said it would be better to shit to fifth gear you are so wrong on that one its better to just ride the rev limiter than to waste time shifting to fifth and losing rpms and boost right at the end of the race

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedEF804 View Post
But the op has a boosted car and I would say you prolly could raise the rev limiter to 7600-7800 safely you dont need valves the stock ones are fine you arent making enough power to justify but if you want piece of mind get springs and retainers and rev away. And to the person who said it would be better to shit to fifth gear you are so wrong on that one its better to just ride the rev limiter than to waste time shifting to fifth and losing rpms and boost right at the end of the race
I didn't say it would be better to shift, I just said the difference would probably be minimal... and the OP is not driving a boosted car. <-- Oops. I gotta pay more attention

Quote:

Last edited by chops_JDM D15B; 05-12-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: I was high.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops_JDM D15B View Post
I didn't say it would be better to shift, I just said the difference would probably be minimal... and the OP is not driving a boosted car.
then why is this in forced induction?

id assume hes boosted because its in this forum, not na.. and i don think there are alot of cars all motor sohc topping out 4th in the 1/4

i rev my car to 7800-8000 rpms all the time beating the ever living piss out of it
im running an exospeed stage 3 cam, STOCK HEAD, and aem cam gear at 2 degrees retarded

ive got close to 15-20k miles boosted like this and another 10k ish all motor with the cam running it to 8k

edit.. he is driving a boosted car.. hll he runs 12's... https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89373
what made you think it isnt boosted?

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Yeah, like I said before in another thread. Dave Hickman swears by stock Z6 valve springs. Says they are perfect for more than 8000rpms. and says B16 springs are SHIT. its weird, but i believe it....ive seen tons of b16 drop valves.

teamdohc.org

Old 05-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
then why is this in forced induction?
haha I never even noticed that... I just read the post, and the OP said
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyLee53 View Post
I'm revving my D16Z6 to 7200 (stock) at the moment.
my bad... I guess he was referring to the rev limiter as (stock)

Quote:

Last edited by chops_JDM D15B; 05-12-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
yellow bar for me

lsturbohatch10 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lsturbohatch10

i reved my stock head to 8k all day before i built it. now with crower valvesprings and retainers it sees 9500, never had a problem with the head, just cant seem to keep trannys together.

active REP WHORE. you rep me i rep you back, on a mission to 3000 rep points

Quote:
but thats what d-series is all about. cheap affordable performance.
lsturbohatch10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Yeah, you can just have the limiter raised w/o upgrading the head. Hell, I ran my hatch up to 7800 daily on stock valvetrain...reason was the crappy VX 2nd to 3rd shift though. In your case I'd still shift around 7250, but stay in 4th through the 1/4 mile.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in