Oil return line - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Oil return line

About to finish my setup, but have a quick question about the oil line running from the oil pan to the turbo. My boy says that since the block is aluminum, which are all d16y8 OEM blocks aluminum? It would be hard to weld, and something about how if you drill the hole, the oil pan could crack since it's aluminum, my question is how would I set this oil line up exactly? Thanks for the suggestions...
stevex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 nitroice40 is learning the way of the Dnitroice40 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

all the blocks are aluminum, and the y8 pan is as well. you can drill it without it cracking. mark it and get a aluminum bung and get it welded on.
nitroice40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well the oil return has nothing to do with the block. Your return goes from your turbo back into the oil pan. You can ether have the fitting welded on or you can drill and tap. But you would need to have a tapping set and know the threading of the fitting to do so but also you would need to know someone who can weld aluminum since its not as easy as weld steel..
turbored is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok, my boy doesn't have a aluminum welder, is there anywhere I can find (Ebay, Moroso) oil pans for D-series that come pre-drilled and ready to go for turbo...?
Old 05-11-2008, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

thats alot of money to spend because you dont want to take it to someone that can weld aluminum it would cost you like 30 bucks or less it takes em about 10 min

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2008, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

yup, tap that bitch.... its easy... just if i were you to make it easier mark it when the pan is on... then take the pan off to tap it... its alot easier and you wont fu*k nething up... also some people use high temp JB weld if you wanna be ghetto.... it does work too..... if you go the tapping route,, just make sure you go nice n slow and in and back out because your only going to get 2 threads through because its very thin... so take your time and you will get it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

any metal shop should be able to tap the pan for you. prolly cost you 20 bucks max. and like boostfreak said you can you high temp jb weld with a brass fitting ive done it and it worked just as good as a regualar fitting that was tapped in. and took about 10 min to do and a couple hours to dry. if you had enough post you could look in the for sale section to buy a pan that was tapped from me but thats not allowed for you yet. so when you get to 65 posts and still need one go to the for sale and find my thread
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Do you guys know where I could get a weldless oil return bung from?
Old 05-13-2008, 04:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

Old 05-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

just tap it and get sum an fittings.. prob ezest and most reliabul..

I STARTED EATING MORE RAMEN SO MY D CAN START EATING MORE V8'S ,, VITARA BUILD COMMING SOON.....
91EF4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevex View Post
Do you guys know where I could get a weldless oil return bung from?
Any decent auto parts store can get you one.

Oh yea, I'd be willing to sell you Moroso oil pan for $550.00 shipped. PM me if your interested...

Last edited by 1992Si; 05-13-2008 at 03:38 PM.
1992Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkinmaster1 View Post
I had my oil pan drilled/tapped i used some teflon tape screwed it in and jb welded around works perfect!
JDM jOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in