Rod and piston HELP!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Rod and piston HELP!!

i have a d15b2. i want to use vitara pistons for my turbo build. will the vitara pistons work in the d15b2 block? and what forged rodss could i get for the same block to fit the vitaras? please help me out!

Last edited by civic7143; 05-08-2008 at 10:19 PM.
civic7143 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic7143 View Post
i have a d15b2. i want to use vitara pistons for my turbo build. will the vitara pistons work in the d15b2 block? and what forged pistons could i get for the same block to fit the vitaras? please help me out!
SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!!! that is your best friend. and i hope you meant rods when you said what forged pistons could i get for the block to fit.
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

i have searched for the past 2 1/2 hours and i cant find anything.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 DanSej6 will become famous soon enoughDanSej6 will become famous soon enoughDanSej6 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Aren't Crower about the only people that make forged D15 rods?
DanSej6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!

http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/R...ting_Rods.html

these are d16 and d15 rods
Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

that does say d15 (jdm) but wouldnt it be the same stroke? so for the same rod? just tryin to help ya bro.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

As long as the pistons are the same mm as your sleeves you're aiight. I dunno about wristpin size though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedsol View Post
As long as the pistons are the same mm as your sleeves you're aiight. I dunno about wristpin size though
i think he was tlakin about rods? but i think all d seires pistons are all stock bore at 75 mm correct? and thats should be no problem finding those and i also thought rods would be the same deal (easy to find). not sure tho might be wrong on this one
Old 05-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedsohc View Post
i think he was tlakin about rods? but i think all d seires pistons are all stock bore at 75 mm correct? and thats should be no problem finding those and i also thought rods would be the same deal (easy to find). not sure tho might be wrong on this one

Right, but I dunno if the wristpin size is the same between the 1.5 adn 1.6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedsol View Post
Right, but I dunno if the wristpin size is the same between the 1.5 adn 1.6
ahh gotcha!! im sure someone will know this one but i have no clue haha.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

the jdm d15 and the usdm d15 are not the same jdm d15=z6 the only people that make rods for usdm d15 is crower to the tune of 800 fjt is supposed to be coming out with rods for the d15usdm but has yet to do it

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

thanks guys that helped me out. the d15 and d16 wrist pin is the same bore so i think i might just use the vitaras on the stock rods since i dont plan on going over 200hp but that might change after fjt gets those new rods out lol
Old 05-09-2008, 05:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Quote:
thanks guys that helped me out. the d15 and d16 wrist pin is the same bore so i think i might just use the vitaras on the stock rods since i dont plan on going over 200hp but that might change after fjt gets those new rods out lol
Cant do that either vitaras are floating pin stock are press in just get a 1.6 block

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2008, 06:58 AM   #14 (permalink)

ok that will work too thanks
Old 05-09-2008, 08:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
if the motor is running now, dont bother ripping it apart for 200hp imho...just run stock internals for now
ghettoturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoturbo View Post
if the motor is running now, dont bother ripping it apart for 200hp imho...just run stock internals for now
beat me to it
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in