WTF boost gauge - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

shocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shocker911
Default WTF boost gauge

so my boost gauge is not reading and god damn boost now.its a Autometer phantom series. its reading vac. on it and when i go into boost it just fucking sits a 0 vac. i checked all the lines to the gauge. what would cause this? bad gauge? vac leak? my honda fighting back?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

add to the list
shocker911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

shocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the sky

o yea and it is boosting so please no say your not boosting bc i know some1 will be a smart ass

add to the list
Old 05-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

stupid question. did it read before or is this a new one. might be bad.

Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

well i had a shit one that was just horrible so i swapped in my new one and it read for a lil bit then all of a sudden it wont read boost. i might just have to try it out in my friends honda. i just hope it isnt bad 55 bucks down the tubes

add to the list
Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TransformedBG

Ummm how is it hooked up?
TransformedBG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2008, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Try to see if another friend can hook it up and test it on his turbo.
CivicHatchEk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicHatchEk View Post
Try to see if another friend can hook it up and test it on his turbo.
x2

Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 04:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dippincrx

you can check it w/ compressed air. just be carefully to not blow to hard might mess it up
themadhatter

dippincrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 05:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

i had the same exact gauge and it eventually sat at -10 whent he car was off, -30 when idling, and when i went into boost (10 psi) it would read 5 and then drop to 2 or 3. i'd say it is a bad gauge.

i now have a faze boost gauge and it works great
Old 05-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
10 second daily driver :)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

if its reading vacuum correctly then it should also read boost. does it zero when the motor is off?
10.7 @ 137.97
1990 CRX Si D16Z6 305/265 @ 22 PSI (SOLD)
11.6 @ 118
Boosted91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 08:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Man, I hope my boost gauge won't act the same way cuz I'm going for a complete Phantom I series gauge collection. Help you figure it out!
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted91 View Post
if its reading vacuum correctly then it should also read boost. does it zero when the motor is off?
yea it goes to zero when i turn the car off. when you guys have your guages hooked up what did you tee off of? i have mine off of where the cruise control comes from the intake mani.

add to the list
Old 05-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

try checkin all the vac lines again and maybe replace them. and check for boost leaks in the charge pipes. i had a bad one ones when a pipes pretty much fell out but not enought to where you didnt feel boost and the bov still went off. so check all that. might be as simple as one clamp is loose
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 09:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker911 View Post
yea it goes to zero when i turn the car off. when you guys have your guages hooked up what did you tee off of? i have mine off of where the cruise control comes from the intake mani.
i T'd off of the FPR line, there could be a check valve on the cruise control line, allowing it to not see boost.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

damn i didnt think about that....im just gonna buy a vac. block ASAP. i run my BOV from the FPR ill re work some stuff to see if i can get get some damn boost

add to the list
Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedsohc View Post
try checkin all the vac lines again and maybe replace them. and check for boost leaks in the charge pipes. i had a bad one ones when a pipes pretty much fell out but not enought to where you didnt feel boost and the bov still went off. so check all that. might be as simple as one clamp is loose
thanks man im gonna look at all of this stuff again tonight or tom after school

add to the list
Old 05-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 Y8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

when u tighten the plastic line in the back make sure its straight...sometimes it gets kinked inside if u dont hold it straight before tightening...but either way they are all autocrap... my meter reads 2-3 psi off...

Y8pwrdEf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Yeah, try another vac source...
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

pull the vac line off the back of the gauge and put your thumb over it n then rev...do it...wizard

*Mia*
2000 Honda EJ8 D16Y8
EJ8 Squad #269
k1dfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in