Normal to need higher amp fuse with Walbro? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 03:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx
Default Normal to need higher amp fuse with Walbro?

Well i finally got around to installing my Walbro 255 yesterday. before i buttoned everything up, i cycled the key about 10 times to make sure the pump would prime and there was no leaking fuel. but when i went to start it, it fired up then died and i got a solid CEL. then the fuel pump would not prime at all. found the Alternator purge fuse blown, replaced it, car fired up yet again, then died with the same problem. i replaced the factory 10amp fuse with a 15amp, and havent had a problem since(although i only have 15 miles on it so far)

is this normal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2008, 04:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

singlecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to singlecizam

Although i've never heard of this before, a 15 amp fuse shouldnt hurt anything. It might just be drawing a little more amperage than your factory pump.
singlecizam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 04:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 shifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I've heard the stock gauge wires get a little hot, so I wouldn't be surprised if the fuse isn't happy.
'90 Mazda Miata - Weekend Fun Car
'04 Toyota Prius - Wife / family car
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 05:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

My cousin had a similar problem, but his turned out to be loose wiring(although he said it was his ECU fuse that kept blowing).
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 05:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

I have seen this problem before check your connection at the alternator if it blows again might have some wires exposed

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 05:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

freon480 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to freon480

i've installed a 255 in my crx. did not have to change the fuse. but i would agree a 15 prob isn't a problem. if there is a real problem like a short its't gonna blow what ever you got in there anyways. maybe weak connection somewhere?

NEW UPDATE INCLUDING BISIMOTO LEVEL 3 CAM!
freon480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 05:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Mr Mobsta Man is almost a somebodyMr Mobsta Man is almost a somebodyMr Mobsta Man is almost a somebodyMr Mobsta Man is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Mr Mobsta Man

I did not need a bigger fuse when I installed mine.

1997 Coupe EX: I/H/E +55 shot Dry -> R.I.P.
2000 Coupe EX: Tein Susp./Vitara/I-Beams/GT3076R/Hondata s300/E-85
2009 CBR600RR Phoenix Edition: Stock(ish)
2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4: 3" Lift/255-85R16 KM2 Mud Terrains
2011 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260: Removed Speed Limiter/Solas Prop/Thru-Hull Exhaust

I Rep Back!
Mr Mobsta Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 06:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mobsta Man View Post
^^same here

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 06:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mobsta Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit88 View Post
^^same here
x3, I've had mine in for 4-5 years now without any problems
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 06:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
10 second daily driver :)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

make sure all your grounds are clean. any rust or corrosion can up the impedance. but going from a 10 to a 15 isn't that big of a deal.
10.7 @ 137.97
1990 CRX Si D16Z6 305/265 @ 22 PSI (SOLD)
11.6 @ 118
Boosted91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 06:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

never had an issue with mine and it has been in the car for over 3 years.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

put the 10 amp fuse back in, relay + hotwire = happy pumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Best way to do it.

Quote:
holy fXck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

also no pump variations with the turn signals......

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 JDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by freon480 View Post
i've installed a 255 in my crx. did not have to change the fuse. but i would agree a 15 prob isn't a problem. if there is a real problem like a short its't gonna blow what ever you got in there anyways. maybe weak connection somewhere?
[email protected]:noway:

I donated have you?
SOHC ZC VTEC, VITARA 75MM, EAGLE H BEAMS, ARP HEAD BOLTS, COMETIC HEAD GASKET, SKUNK2 IM
WALBRO 255LPH, SIMENS 750CC INJECTORS
SFAB RAMHORN, Garrett 54 trim turbo. .70 compressor housing, .63 exhaust
GO-AUTO WORKS large intercooler and Piping
MSD 6AL MSD 2Step., TUNED ON HONDATA
JDMCRX88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 xcthc will become famous soon enoughxcthc will become famous soon enoughxcthc will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

we normally use hotwire kits for the 255/340
xcthc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

Quote:

agree. x3

Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

i didnt have to replace my fuse but again, it was in a 99 ej so maybe they used thicker gauge wiring as compared to your dinosaur crx?

also i did write up on a current draw test

power=voltage x current

i dont know what wattage a 255lph pump consumes but if you know that and its supply voltage (13.5-14.4v) then you can calculate your expected current consumption and change fuses accordingly.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 01:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Quote:
Any diy links for this? If not Ill make one. Mine Walbro is on the way!

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

shocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shocker911

Quote:
also no pump variations with the turn signals......
lol mine does that lol it took me about 2 mins to wonder wtf mate why is my pump doing that

add to the list
shocker911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in