t3/t4 vs. dsm turbos - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 etant333 is learning the way of the Detant333 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default t3/t4 vs. dsm turbos

i am looking to build a turbo motor. have a sohc zc bottom that was turboed but blew pistons due to being untuned. i am going to bore it and get more vitaras to go withe the eagles and arp harware, and also new bearings. i will either just put on my y8 head or get a valvtrain kit from kms(probably) and use that. i am woundering is i should go with some kind of turbonetics, greddy type t3 turbo or a 16g or something of the sort. looking to break 12's daily driven
etant333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

don't forget to get the mad tyte usdm fluxs capacitor to get you car humm since you didn't use the search button.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

high 12s big 16g low 12s t3/t4. Personal preference really. I like turbonetics t3/t4 hybrids but i have also used garrett products and never had any trouble out of either one so it is really up to you. you can get in the 12s with both with all supporting mods and management.
sexyrexy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post
don't forget to get the mad tyte usdm fluxs capacitor to get you car humm since you didn't use the search button.
damn flux capacitor for a civic? tell me where you find those things!!!
ya man search is your best freind. im a noob and i knwo that buddy. but since i am a noob i wont be all mean about your thread like some others might be. but im a fan of the small snails since im not all into high whp goals. i run a 15g and love it. but its all up to you and your goals
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Fuck it just go ebay t70 bam!!!!! 10's all day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by etant333 View Post
i am woundering is i should go with some kind of turbonetics, greddy type t3 turbo or a 16g or something of the sort. looking to break 12's daily driven
Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post
Take note of the phrase in bold, because you may see a pattern developing here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedEF804 View Post
Fuck it just go ebay t70 bam!!!!! 10's all day
Wouldn't if be so cool if it really was that easy

Seriuosly, at the very least it would nice to know what this is going in. There's a big enough difference in weight between a CRX and a '00 4dr to make it a factor. A lot of guys on here run a T3/T4s, but there's plenty of fast DSM turbo's too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

On a more serious note boosted 91 has a nice ass dsm turbo setup check his shit out he runs low 12's

Old 05-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Even a small t25, 14b or t3 turbo can get you into the 12s.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 03:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 etant333 is learning the way of the Detant333 is learning the way of the D

its in a crx. yes i searshed but didnt come up with anything when i put in dsm or 16g etc... prol. cause they are not long enough phrases(idk if it works like that here)
Old 05-03-2008, 03:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

also how bad are the ebay intercoolers? i have heard that they all leak. is this true
Old 05-03-2008, 05:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Hi hater!

not true they are fine

Old 05-03-2008, 06:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
On a more serious note boosted 91 has a nice ass dsm turbo setup check his shit out he runs low 12's
Yup, and it's a CRX too.

Quote:
its in a crx. yes i searshed but didnt come up with anything when i put in dsm or 16g etc... prol. cause they are not long enough phrases(idk if it works like that here)
It is too short for the search engine. Boosted91 has been running a big 16g and is well into the 12's. He has a thread around about upgrading to a bastard 20g... he's shooting for the 11's!

Quote:
also how bad are the ebay intercoolers? i have heard that they all leak. is this true
Quote:
not true they are fine
Just make sure it's a bar and plate design.

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

so it wouldnt be too bad to go with and ebay mani, intercooler, and piping but name brand turbo, wastegate, bov?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

Mani no(unless it's a cast mani), i/c yes, the piping usualy isn't correct from what I've seen. Real turbo is a plus, not the ching change ebay garbage that could last a year or 5minutes. WG, a standard 38mm will do fine(or internaly gated turbo), BOV I'm a fan of my greddy. Super street, import tuner or some other mag did a special on the ebay knock off BOV vs. the real deal. eBay brand failed there with a uber weak inner diaphragm. Apex'i makes a nice bov, others use crushed DSM bovs... Hell, just do your self a favor. Buy a kit from autoworks or another board sponsor lol You'll get quality stuff that you know fits and will do the job and then some

torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

how are the treadstone kits?
Old 05-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

Quote:
how are the treadstone kits?
Almost $1300 for just a turbo, manifold, wg.. then $300ish for their intercooler kit? Not mentioned if a oil line kit is included. You're at atleaste $1700 there.

Hell, for a little more you can pick up a Greddy kit w/ emanage that has everything you need right out of the box. Not a bad deal for $2000. + it's carb legal in 50-states. Onlything I'd suggest with something like that, comming with a pre-tuned ECM unit, is to get it tuned ASAP after install.

torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

used greddy kits go for as little as $500 in CA. in fact there is a edelbrock kit for sale in northern NV for 1500, NIB.

as far as the turbos go(original question), its personal preferance. but your dp and turbine exhaust port sizes are limited on the mitsu turbos, if your using a o2 housing (tube or stock).

torturedsol has it on the nose about the ebay stuff.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #18 (permalink)

i thought about the greddy kits but how is the emanage tuning system? i was going to go with hondata. i also dont know if the guys around hear tune with emanage much, id rather have a system they are proficient with. a full tredstone kit is less than 1900 with everything(turbonetics turbo) and less with a greddy turbo
Old 05-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

ditch the emanage, other then that though they are a kit for a 200-250 whp car.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2008, 02:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Rickcrx is almost a somebodyRickcrx is almost a somebodyRickcrx is almost a somebodyRickcrx is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Would a evo3 16g get u to 300whp?
Rickcrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in