turbo question and what to do??? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default turbo question and what to do???

okay where to start!...i got my self a 91 crx Just a d16a6 sitting in rigth now! So i was going to put in my d16z6 motor and just leave it at that! But now i wanna go turbo cuz i found a great deal on a kit. so the guy that has the kit is going to send me a Tuned ecu with it. but it's tuned for a Non vtec ZC sohc motor! so what i wanted to know with my z6 can i run a non vtec ecu and just get a vtec controller?????
CR_XXX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 12:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

im gonna break it down real simple.

do not run the turbo kit on the nonvtec zc map.

use the correct ecu for the motor you have, which would be the p28 or a chipped ecu running the correct map. . there is plenty of info on all of this on this site and you would be wise to use it .
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

K Thanks man!!

Old 05-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

i would just boost that a6 you have, and build the z6 that you have for bigger and better things. nothing wrong with the a6 its a great motor..
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2008, 03:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah i was thinking about it!...but can i run that ecu? the one from the zc non vtec motor?....i didnt think it would be much of a diffrence...but my car is also obd1 so yeah i hate cars sometimes! haha
Old 05-01-2008, 04:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

depending on alot of other factors but the no tec zc is almost identicle to the a6. so i am pretty sure it would be a safe basemap assuming u are using his complete turbo kit. this means it should be safe to get u to a tuner to get him to fine tune it for u. and i totally agree with cory that u should save the z6 and build it for boost.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Props on getting it done....but 3-4psi, srsly? That's kind of like having the opportunity to fuck Megan Fox but not being able to get your dick up.
mrfunktastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2008, 04:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory jordan View Post
i would just boost that a6 you have, and build the z6 that you have for bigger and better things. nothing wrong with the a6 its a great motor..
perfectly said

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah i was going to use the whole turbo kit from the guy! and the ecu he has is already street tuned. But now i might just boost the a6 for awhile and yeah build up the z6..thanks guys
Old 05-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR_XXX View Post
Yeah i was going to use the whole turbo kit from the guy! and the ecu he has is already street tuned. But now i might just boost the a6 for awhile and yeah build up the z6..thanks guys
couldn't of said it any better.

Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning

Last edited by Onatop; 05-02-2008 at 06:22 AM.
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 J_Dog is learning the way of the DJ_Dog is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Yeah i was thinking about it!...but can i run that ecu? the one from the zc non vtec motor?....i didnt think it would be much of a diffrence...but my car is also obd1 so yeah i hate cars sometimes! haha
The 91 rex is obd-1? Was it converted over already?

91 si

a6 y8 mini
p29's
60mm TB
Crower stage 2 Cam
7lb Fidanza Flywheel
Aluminum Crank Pully
Innovative Trac Bar
Hondata s300

Quote:
I've got a spoon in my cup holder. Does that mean I have a spoon cup holder?
J_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

yeah turbo on non vtec map is bad.
Tummz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
...but my car is also obd1
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Dog View Post
The 91 rex is obd-1? Was it converted over already?
Good question. The CRX should be ODB0, although the ECU for the Non vtec ZC sohc motor might well be OBD1. If that is the case, you will need to convert to OBD1 to use that ECU. mrfunktastic is right on the money as far as the rest goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummz View Post
yeah turbo on non vtec map is bad.
WTF are you talking about? The problem has nothing to do with it being turboed. The ECU is supposed to be tuned for the turbo kit already. It's because the Z6 is a VTEC motor and the best way to deal with that it to use the correct factory ECU (properly chipped and tuned of course!)

Last edited by Aragorn; 05-02-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Good question. The CRX should be ODB0, although the ECU for the Non vtec ZC sohc motor might well me OBD1. If that is the case, you will need to convert to OBD1 to use that ECU. mrfunktastic is right on the money as far as the rest goes.

WTF are you talking about? The problem has nothing to do it being turboed. The ECU is supposed to be tuned for the turbo kit already. It's because the Z6 is a VTEC motor and the best way to deal with that it to use the correct factory ECU (properly chipped and tuned of course!)

Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in