Apexi turbo kit ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Apexi turbo kit ?

so I want to pick this kit up fro my d16. Only problem is that the motor is kinda on the high compression side. It should be 11:1, but I'm thinking its more like 10,5:1. he wants $800 for the turbo kit. What do you guys think of the price ? My motor is a z6 with a fresh rebuild all oem parts, UR crank pulley and UR ultra lite flywheel with a y8 milled ported and polished, y8 IM adj cam gear, b16 tb, hondata s200. Car made 123 whp and 103tq.
Again compression is somewhat questionable because combustion chamvers were touched when doing the headwork. So i'm guessing that it's not the 11:1 . How do you guys think the motor would do with the turbo ?

He's AD:
Getting rid of my Apexi sohc turbo kit for D series. It is A/C and P/S compatible! This kit retails (minus IC, piping and BOV) for $2,700. It consists of the following:

-Apexi Log manifold (has plugged EGT bung)
-Apexi RHF5 Ball Bearing Turbo -ZERO shaft play (awesome turbo)
-2.25" Cast to manderal bent downpipe (heat wrapped)
-All charge piping, silicone couplers and hose clamps
-3AN oil line with banjo fitting for turbo feed
-10AN oil drain
-DSM 1G BOV and flange
-DSM 1G SMIC (flat black)
-Blue pre turbo pipe with Apexi air filter

eg2solsi500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2008, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 peiku  is accepted as part of the communitypeiku  is accepted as part of the communitypeiku  is accepted as part of the communitypeiku  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

i used to have one and loved it. it spooled quick and pulled all the way to redline. i ran [email protected] on 10lbs.

i'd see of i could lower it down some more.

Last edited by peiku; 04-30-2008 at 12:59 AM.
peiku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 12:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

So ur engine as it is rit nows is 11:1? The question is wats your goals? Im rockin that turbo kit on my eg. Im not running 11:1 compression but Im sure boosting 20 lbs on my low compression vitaras and its not enough for my boost need, might work better with your high compression build tho. Great kit for dd tho. It also looks as if they broke the actuator arm and reweid it back.
99d15b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 12:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

dtich the bov and the smic, your compression is ok. im sure what you measured was off. *no diss*. what is your set up to the T. let us know and we/some one can calculate it. running low boost ona hi comp. set up is actually beneficial if you can tune for it. the most prob is, no one can tune. you can look into a real intercooler, and some methanol injection then run more boost and be saft =- ) wooot!
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 02:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

All I'll say is your tune better be right, boost and high compression is touchy.

Personally, I wouldn't do it unless "your" a "great" tuner. But if you were, you would know better.

But hey, it's your money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1992Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 05:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BOYURLAZY

I had on my sol as well, was very good kit, but his is just the turbo and the wastegate arm looks weird, mine broke off and had to use an arm from another wastegate.
BOYURLAZY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 Dweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Dweezil Send a message via Yahoo to Dweezil

UR crank pully=build a new motor. Now that you've doomed your self for a rebuild, go with smome FJT parts and slap that snail on. Just don't reuse the crank pully of death.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Arrogent?

No, I, like a lot of people on this site, don't have time for dumbasses that type like a cat with downs syndrome.

P28 Clone - $125 Each
Unchippable P28 - $65
Dweezil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 06:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 ns060turbod16y8 is learning the way of the Dns060turbod16y8 is learning the way of the D

i have everything you need selling a complete Fj rebuild kit, vitaras and fj rods look at my f/s thread
ns060turbod16y8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 07:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Subscribed for future build.
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992Si View Post
All I'll say is your tune better be right, boost and high compression is touchy.

Personally, I wouldn't do it unless "your" a "great" tuner. But if you were, you would know better.

But hey, it's your money.
exactly what i was going to say, down to the quotation marks.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweezil View Post
UR crank pully=build a new motor. Now that you've doomed your self for a rebuild, go with smome FJT parts and slap that snail on. Just don't reuse the crank pully of death.
the motor has about 10k since the rebuild. and it still running strong. people always tell me that about the pulley but it has been holding up the only thing that worries me is how it will act under boost.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
exactly what i was going to say, down to the quotation marks.
Yeah I know what you guys are saying. The only thing is that I'm not really sure that I have the compression that I'm supposed to have.
The bottom : i reused my rods,pistons only added new bearings and wiseco rings. crank was deburred and micro polished.
Most of the up in compression should of came from the head.
Y8 head milled and ported and polished. But The chambers had some taken out so I'm guessing that dropped the compression. I don't even think that the compression is higher than 10.5:1.
As far as boost goals I don't expect anything radical. The car that I would put the kit on is just collecting dust and can't be my daily driver, I travel a lot so I wouldn't trust it.
I just want it to see what having a boosted car feels like.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 Dweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Dweezil Send a message via Yahoo to Dweezil

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg2solsi500 View Post
the motor has about 10k since the rebuild. and it still running strong. people always tell me that about the pulley but it has been holding up the only thing that worries me is how it will act under boost.
I bet that if you opened the motor up you'll find the main bearings worn as if you put 100K+ on the motor in that time.

Quote:
Arrogent?

No, I, like a lot of people on this site, don't have time for dumbasses that type like a cat with downs syndrome.

P28 Clone - $125 Each
Unchippable P28 - $65
Dweezil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

I was running this turbo and I love it, I ran 13.2 on my heavy del sol with this turbo.

But I think that you have to low the compression to be safe, I was using vitaras/eagles rods.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 sohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropes

I had this kit for a while with the apex'i front mount kit as well and it was a pretty decent setup. 6psi made my stock clutch slip. :P

Edit: I wouldnt pay 800 for it though... when i bought mine i got it for 900 and it was the complete Apex'i kit with the HUGE Apex'i GT intercooler and all the piping, plus injectors and 2 gauges.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AJxr

id honestly feel bad paying 400 for that.

but it will get you going.

- Racer
d16, eagle/vitara 19psi, 12.27 @ 110.6mph, 1.795 60ft - retired
b18b1, holset, 14psi, 11.75 @ 114.75, 1.765 60ft - BONE STOCK ENGINE - retired
forged ls-vtec, itr cams, holset cranked. 1?.?? @ 1??.??
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

hmm who was that one member... well there was a guy on here boosted at 10.5:1 and he said if he had to do it all over again, he would have went with a lower compression ratio. going to be touchy, and stock rods and pistons plus a little detonation.... well you see where im going.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 13 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

keep the compression and get a 55 shot for $400

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bznc View Post
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bznc View Post

that is what the motor was built for. a 55-75 shot. But I think that it might be more cost effective to go with the turbo kit or find a jrsc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in