braided brake line for turbo feed? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dippincrx
Default braided brake line for turbo feed?

in the process of building my next turbo kit. looking at the price of a oil feed kit opposed to a braided brake line is crazy. i can get a 3ft section for like 20 bux or so. are theyre any drawbacks of using this. thanks
themadhatter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dippincrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Same shit just get the right fittings for your turbo. For $20 i've seen oil feed lines.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99ctrhatch Send a message via MSN to 99ctrhatch

dude, just spend the money and buy a stealthmode kit. or make your own, but whatever floats your boat i guess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99ctrhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

3ft is gonna be cutting it close...
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 03:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ctrhatch View Post
dude, just spend the money and buy a stealthmode kit. or make your own, but whatever floats your boat i guess
why buy a kit for 80ish if all i need is the feed line. dont need the fittings or anything else. so if i can just buy a braided brake line ill do that
themadhatter

Old 04-29-2008, 04:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ctrhatch View Post
son!

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 04:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94ej2cvc View Post
son!
still dont see any reasoning of buying the complete kit if all i need is the feed line.
themadhatter

Old 04-29-2008, 04:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippincrx View Post
still dont see any reasoning of buying the complete kit if all i need is the feed line.
true... i feel ya. but my OCD will make me go crazy if everything isnt matching... thats just me.

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 07:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

As long as it has the proper fittings on the each end get a 4ft piece so you can loop it for adjustablitity.

I use A/N steel braided flex line or 1/4 copper tubing with compression fittings. It all works.

1992Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

If you wanted you could go to a shop that makes hydraulic hoses and have them make you one. I checked on it for mine and a 4 ft stainless steel braided line with fittings would cost $26.00.
Kyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

you can just buy a feed line from stealthmode also....

http://stealthmodeperformance.com/oil-feed.shtml

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 01:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleslamhp View Post
If you wanted you could go to a shop that makes hydraulic hoses and have them make you one. I checked on it for mine and a 4 ft stainless steel braided line with fittings would cost $26.00.
i think im gonna do just that. amazon hose and rubber is close and i get a discount threw my job. thanks for the idea. i think imma go w/ 4ft as well
themadhatter

Old 04-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Shit even cheaper, just use hard brake line.

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboprelude95 View Post
Shit even cheaper, just use hard brake line.
Hard brake line is hard to bend. Use copper tubing and compression fittings.
Like this, next to the PS fluid tank.

1992Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in