building turbo setup on my own? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default building turbo setup on my own?

i have searched an not really found any clear results so my question is if i do build my turbo setup on my own and i take my time and weld everything the rite way can i have a reliable turbo setup i am only planning to boost at about 7-8 pounds and i really just want reliability but if anyone has done it on their own please lmk how easy or hard it was and i just kinda need some feedback to convince me to either do it my self or have a shop build it and btw i am very mechanically inclined and have access to air tools and welding equipment.

thanks- delsol

boosted at 10 pounds
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
93delsol15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 xcthc will become famous soon enoughxcthc will become famous soon enoughxcthc will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

i refuse to believe you searched and found absolutely no information on a homemade turbo kit for a honda
xcthc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

no i have not found any feed back on how long it lasted and how it ran i just need feedback form some of the peeps that have done it

boosted at 10 pounds
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

maybe you should have looked harder.....

turbo d reliability thread

its part of the stickies on the top of the forum. under the FAQ thread. hence the use of the term FAQ.

<- before i pulled my built y7, it had 14k miles on it with a ebay turbo . pulled it apart and it was perfect.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Seriously, what do people have against punctuation? Do you talk in run-on sentences in real life?
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

eh, breathing is a waste of time for this guy. he wants to go FFFAAASSSSTT, so he has no time to breath.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Seriously, what do people have against punctuation? Do you talk in run-on sentences in real life?
I do :haha:

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
i have am about to grad. with a 4.0 i am fairly intelligent i just type very quickly and pay no attention to spelling or punc.

boosted at 10 pounds
Old 04-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93delsol15 View Post
i have am about to grad. with a 4.0 i am fairly intelligent i just type very quickly and pay no attention to spelling or punc.
i fail to believe this statement. i have looked through your posts and it seems you have the education of a 12 year old. maybe you should learn to pay attention and you will not have to make threads like this. case in point, the stickies at the top of the section that answered your question prior to you making this thread.

btw: before you say it, i know i do not use capitial letters in 99&#37; of my posts.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
i fail to believe this statement. i have looked through your posts and it seems you have the education of a 12 year old. maybe you should learn to pay attention and you will not have to make threads like this. case in point, the stickies at the top of the section that answered your question prior to you making this thread.
i guess i just didnt think to look in the faq thread i am so sorry and dont play that whole i post like a 12 year old card, and i know my stuff man i just like to back up my thoughts with other peoples knowledge on the subject and i dont like to read thru other peoples threads to search for bits and pieces and thanks for the link but it just feels like d-series has gone from helping people to bashing any one who posts a thread it is turning into streetcar forums in here

boosted at 10 pounds
Old 04-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 lastresort576 will become famous soon enoughlastresort576 will become famous soon enoughlastresort576 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lastresort576

Quote:
i guess i just didnt think to look in the faq thread i am so sorry and dont play that whole i post like a 12 year old card, and i know my stuff man i just like to back up my thoughts with other peoples knowledge on the subject and i dont like to read thru other peoples threads to search for bits and pieces and thanks for the link but it just feels like d-series has gone from helping people to bashing any one who posts a thread it is turning into streetcar forums in here
Umm how do you figure this...

Want to get into Road Racing or Auto-x perhaps? Check out this SCCA book:
lastresort576 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
i guess i just didnt think to look in the faq thread, i am so sorry. dont play that whole i post like a 12 year old card. i know my stuff man, i just like to back up my thoughts with other peoples knowledge on the subject. i dont like to read thru other peoples threads to search for bits and pieces. thanks for the link but it just feels like d-series has gone from helping people to bashing any one who posts a thread. it is turning into streetcar forums in here
fixed it for you. see how easy that was? thinking ahead is something people who modify cars, have to do. little pieces of information is what is all over the net. there is a reason for it, people don't know everything. to learn something you have to be willing to dig for information and sift through all the bull shit people post.

we/i do not bash people with honest questions that have not been answered. or when people post a question that doesn't get brought up much and could be addressed again. but you said:
Quote:
no i have not found any feed back on how long it lasted
which is obviously covered in the stickies. this makes you seem like you want to be fed the answers to all your issues and make us build your car for you. if we do this, you will not be happy. since your touches will not be part of the build.

again i state the fact that will make you have productive threads and keep people from bashing you or talking shit:

THIS IS D-SERIES.ORG NOT SPOON-FEED-THE-NEWB.ORG

have a nice day and i hope this thread gets locked soon as to keep you from getting an lot of neg rep. before you say "i don't care about neg rep blah blah blah", (trust me) people help less when the poster has a lot of neg rep.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i am sorry i post up stupid questions i know that all of them are generally answered in past formus, i just dont have the time to waste looking i have a job and do 8 hours of school work a day when i post it is because i am in a hurry and just need some results but from now on i will take my research one step further man i am really not a noob i just dont have much time on my hands and i am constantly busy but i do thank you for the link and i take the bashing comment back i realize that i posted stupidly and thanks for callin me on it :tu:

boosted at 10 pounds
Old 04-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

honestly, you should leave your car stock. if you do not have the time to research, you do not have time to fix the car when it breaks. if it breaks on you and you ask for help, 99&#37; of the time its not an easy or quick fix. trust me, wait till you have more time to mess with the car and do research.

^this is the best advise i could ever give to someone in your situation

Old 04-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
honestly, you should leave your car stock. if you do not have the time to research, you do not have time to fix the car when it breaks. if it breaks on you and you ask for help, 99% of the time its not an easy or quick fix. trust me, wait till you have more time to mess with the car and do research.

^this is the best advise i could ever give to someone in your situation
thanks man i was actually just sitting here thinking i may just leave it stock

because i need a reliable car and i may do a small turbo setup but nothing more i just want like 170whp but i understand the time thing and i may just invest in making the car nice for daily driving

boosted at 10 pounds
Old 04-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 MCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MCR00EX

get a vespa!!!

8.731 @ 80.98 1/8 Mile Time
14.128 @ 99.05 2.223 60 ft 185/65/14 Dunlops

Best 60 Ft Ever - 1.896

Bone Stock D16Y8
Precision SC5457 .60 cold side .63 hot side
204.9whp and 207.7 ft lbs on 8 lbs boost

Next time on dyno OVER 400whp
MCR00EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 03:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AJxr

it will last forever on 8-10psi if properly setup with all the needs paid attention to with a good tune on a bone stock internaled engine.

- Racer
d16, eagle/vitara 19psi, 12.27 @ 110.6mph, 1.795 60ft - retired
b18b1, holset, 14psi, 11.75 @ 114.75, 1.765 60ft - BONE STOCK ENGINE - retired
forged ls-vtec, itr cams, holset cranked. 1?.?? @ 1??.??
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 MCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunnaMCR00EX is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MCR00EX

x22222

8.731 @ 80.98 1/8 Mile Time
14.128 @ 99.05 2.223 60 ft 185/65/14 Dunlops

Best 60 Ft Ever - 1.896

Bone Stock D16Y8
Precision SC5457 .60 cold side .63 hot side
204.9whp and 207.7 ft lbs on 8 lbs boost

Next time on dyno OVER 400whp
MCR00EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

x3 !
97civicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

ok then i am gonna piece one together and set it at 5pds and drive it til i get it tuned to 8 or nine and hopefully i can make some power out of it

boosted at 10 pounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in