Honda D Series Forum banner

Turbo build questions (D16z6)

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  hotrodj 
#1 ·
Whats the thickest head gasket to run with out having to worry bout blowing out. Ive got arp studs. Also any recomendations on which clutch to run on a 300-350hp Z6/gt28? Sorry, one more, i did the calc. for injectors and came up with 550cc, but ive been told 550,650, even 750cc from people. Can I get a solid answer to that. Thanks!

#2 ·
Do like I did and just go to the RC injectors website. They let you know an estimate on what each is good for. You can also look on xenocron.com and they'll give you horsepower rating for each size. I just went on the overkill side and went with 750cc RC injectors.

#3 ·
Why do you want to run a thicker HG?

#4 ·
Im running a ported y8 head on my z6, with the srp turbo pistons it gives me approximatly 9.5-1cr with the head/block combo(according to the zealautowerks comp calc.). Trying to keep it as low as possible, thats all. Im gonna go with the 650's. Thanks.

#5 ·
clutches go off torque not horsepower, both LSD and ACT make good clutches for street and strip use. for 350 hp i would go with 750s, not that 650s wont support 350, but with 750s you have room to grow.

#8 ·
kmanpete;1211216 . Do not use the pucks. It is hard to shift if it is your daily driver.[/QUOTE said:
this is not true. it differers for everyone, you may just not have any calf muscles :haha:. ok but really. i drive a six puck sprung hub f1 stage 3. (ok not the best) but it doesnt make things hard to shift. dd my prob is clutch engagement and the fact i have a 7lb flywheel.

#12 ·
I'm interested in the original question the poster was asking. I have the srp 10.5:1 pistons. They don't actually yield 10.5:1, accordind to c-speedracing's compression calculator... Nonetheless, it looks like I'll need a 0.065" HG to get me to 9.5:1 cr. I know cometic makes it, and I can get it at tunertoys.com, but is that thick of a HG safe on a boosted (10-12psi) D16y8?

#13 ·
Turns out I might actually need a bit thicker than 0.065" to get my compression where I want it to be... Now I'm thinking I might just go with the 0.074" hg, also made by cometic. Has ANYONE on this site EVER had ANY experience with thicker head gaskets on a boosted D16y8, or ANY motor? I've been trying to get an answer on this for too long...

#14 ·
WHat thickness is realistic on these with say 10-15 psi or 15-20 psi? I(we) dont want to worry about headgasket blowouts. Im using Arps also. Im sure that helps some.

#16 ·
Im gonna get the tune. Dont know by who tho, long ways away yet. Im just looking for some more info on the subject before I buy the parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.