Bit By the Boost Bug - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Bit By the Boost Bug

Well, for a while I was just going to go NA, but after reading everything on here, I say screw it, may as well.

Here is the plan, and I need some assistance. I'm not going to put everything on here that I am about to buy, just have a question. (I searched but didn't find much)

I am about to get the JDM D15B from Hmotorsonline, and want to boost it, but would like to build it before it goes in so that I could run about 15lbs safely.

As far as the bottom end goes:
FJT rods? Or do any other rods work?
Vitaras? Read that they may stick out of the hole too much, any better options?
New gaskets and bearings
ARP headstuds and rod bolts.

Head will remain stock, will be piecing the kit together myself, just got a T3 Super 60 on the cheap.

Lemme know --- Thanks in advance,

Mike
Solleshonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

if you are going to build it, go to a wrecking yard or something and buy a cheap z6 without a ton of miles... hmotors is pretty high priced especially after shipping. plus i bought a d16avtec from them and i didnt get it running till after the warranty was up and guess what? its a piece of shit and the compression is f'ed up so i paid 600 for a engine im going to tear apart now anyways

simple searching man simple searching

fjt rods, vitaras, everything like you said... probably should get 75.5 vitaras and bore the block to match and make sure the bores are square. that setup will be my goal and should work nicely to support well over your goals. dont forget GOOD TUNING!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

I happen to know someone who knows someone with them, and is getting the whole longblock shipped for 300. I thought that was reasonable lol.

All the pumps and gaskets should be in great condition. My friend has gotten 3 motors from them, ripped them all apart and were all perfect. Sorry you didn't have the same luck, but I know they are reputable and a good company. I guess every once in a while it's possible to get a dud.

Just hoping to build the bottom and make around 250-300 whp. Want a K-Killer and NA GSR killer lol

-Mike

Old 04-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

lucky you lol thats not a bad price. if i remember you should look into the compression on the jdm d15b vtec with vitaras... im not 100% because its not my engine so i didnt research, but im remembering reading about issues with the vitaras sitting too low. go to fjt's site, hes got the descriptions for the rods he sells.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Check out this link:

http://fjdistributors.com/product_in...roducts_id=271

These rods are supposed to be used in junction with the Vitaras in the D15B to allow them to sit right at the top of the deck, no higher, no lower.

-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in