Is this turbo good for d16? (T3 (55Trim)) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Is this turbo good for d16? (T3 (55Trim))

Compressor Housing T3 A/R .42 2 3/8" (60.3 mm) inlet and 2 1/4" (57.1 mm) outlet.
Compressor Wheel : T3 (55 Trim) 1.760" (44.7 mm) Inducer and 2.367" (60.1 mm)

http://forums.ok-speed.com/showthread.php?t=31579

It is a Garrett t3 turbo that someone is selling locally where I am at for $75. I was just wondering if this would be a good match for d16z6. this car is my daily driver and i am thinking 10 psi max boost on stock engine.

Last edited by 95civicsi; 04-24-2008 at 03:48 PM.
95civicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 projecthatch92 will become famous soon enoughprojecthatch92 will become famous soon enoughprojecthatch92 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

do you have pictures of it?
projecthatch92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

YOU NEED

pics.
more detailed info about it.
your plans for it.
why they are selling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 projecthatch92 will become famous soon enoughprojecthatch92 will become famous soon enoughprojecthatch92 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94ej2cvc View Post
YOU NEED

pics.
more detailed info about it.
your plans for it.
why they are selling SO CHEAP.

edited
Old 04-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Sounds like a standard 42 / 48 volvo / saab turbo. If that's the case I've bought two for around that price before.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D

http://forums.ok-speed.com/showthread.php?t=31579
Old 04-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Sounds like a standard 42 / 48 volvo / saab turbo. If that's the case I've bought two for around that price before.
looks like it, in the link...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

~E. Jeezy
Old 04-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Yep, looks to be a Volvo one.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

i thought about buying an autoworks kit and use this turbo instead to bring down my costs to go turbo. whats expected hp with this turbo 7-10 lbs of boost?
Old 04-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

we don't bench race here, read the stickies.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicsi View Post
i thought about buying an autoworks kit and use this turbo instead to bring down my costs to go turbo. whats expected hp with this turbo 7-10 lbs of boost?
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...t=read+OR+face

no bench racing
no online dyno results

~E. Jeezy

~E. Jeezy
Old 04-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

ok nvm the numbers. how would this match with autoworks kit? i would rather buy from a site sponsor
Old 04-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

looks like a volvo to me too.

you guys should read the thread he posted. the guy said it was a universal turbo...and then another guy thinks it's an sc-61....
Old 04-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

call him and see. but it should work fine.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 1994solSI is learning the way of the D1994solSI is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

yea standard volvo .42 .48 it will not bolt directly up to a t3 flange because of the way they came from volvo . you notice how the flange is dished on the turbo ? Well on the manifold that part stuck out so you dont have to use a gasket well that dished circle sticks out around an 1/8 inch on top and bottom of what the flange covers . So you either have to mill the turbo flange down flat or make an adapter plate to cover where that hole sticks out . Ill try and get some pictures of my volvo turbo mounted without the adapter plate to help you understand what im saying

90 ED6 Hatch - New whip
1994solSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

you can get the manifold made with that flange or atpturbo.com sells an "adapter" piece (its actually a hard metal gasket) that will allow you to bolt it to a standard t3 flange with out a leak.

again, call autoworks and ask. i am sure he will be able to help you with adapting that turbo to one of his kits to help you save money.

edit: i am actually surprised he has not posted on this already....

Old 04-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 1994solSI is learning the way of the D1994solSI is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

[QUOTE=99EJ6T;1208139]you can get the manifold made with that flange or atpturbo.com sells an "adapter" piece (its actually a hard metal gasket) that will allow you to bolt it to a standard t3 flange with out a leak.
[QUOTE]

ah this i did not know

90 ED6 Hatch - New whip
1994solSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

well turns out i was thinking of it backwards, standard t3 on a volvo manifold:
http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=FLG

but a conversion could still be done with a flange from bmcrace. by pinning this:
http://www.bmcrace.com/product_info....products_id=97
between the manifold your going to get and the turbo, gaskets would need to be used. but this is all if you want a standard t3 flanged manifold, highly suggest this, so upgrades could be made later.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 Y8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

my BUTT dyno says around 160-190 whp @ 7-10psi

Y8pwrdEf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 06:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y8pwrdEf View Post
my BUTT dyno says around 160-190 whp @ 7-10psi
dude, WTF are you doing bro?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
we don't bench race here, read the stickies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94ej2cvc View Post
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...t=read+OR+face

no bench racing
no online dyno results
don't encurage noobs fool.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in