possible blown turbo - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 JDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default possible blown turbo

i have a t3/t4. i have a 0.065 restrictor installed. it smokes under load alot and on idle a little bit. on the cold side of the turbo there is oil. is there anything i can do about this besides rebuilding it or buying a new one. is there a way to identify the problem 100%. thanks in advance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I donated have you?
SOHC ZC VTEC, VITARA 75MM, EAGLE H BEAMS, ARP HEAD BOLTS, COMETIC HEAD GASKET, SKUNK2 IM
WALBRO 255LPH, SIMENS 750CC INJECTORS
SFAB RAMHORN, Garrett 54 trim turbo. .70 compressor housing, .63 exhaust
GO-AUTO WORKS large intercooler and Piping
MSD 6AL MSD 2Step., TUNED ON HONDATA
JDMCRX88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2008, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

sounds to me like your oil seals took a shit. how much psi were you giving the turbo?
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 JDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunna

of oil pressure? or boost. it started smoking on idle

I donated have you?
SOHC ZC VTEC, VITARA 75MM, EAGLE H BEAMS, ARP HEAD BOLTS, COMETIC HEAD GASKET, SKUNK2 IM

Old 04-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Check your oil return line and make sure it have a straight drain back with no kink on the line.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMCRX88 View Post
of oil pressure? or boost. it started smoking on idle
oil pressure. T-series turbos require only 30psi of oil pressure. i think hondas put out like 90psi at operating tempature.

let me touch you.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i dont have a way of checking the oild pressure at the turbo. my oil return like looks like a j rather than a straight line, could that be the problem?

I donated have you?
Old 04-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
I can't read...

Quote:
i dont have a way of checking the oild pressure at the turbo. my oil return like looks like a j rather than a straight line, could that be the problem?
i don't think thats the problem. ive seen some wild bends in oils lines that never caused a problem.

so are you blowing oil through both sides then? hot and cold sides?

have you checked you oil drain line to make sure there are no obstructions?

its sucks man. i hate this trial and error BS. i went through the same shit with mine last year.

let me touch you.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

there are no kinks i will try another clear hose to see if it gets clogged up. yes both sides hot and cold

I donated have you?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
I can't read...

Quote:
there are no kinks i will try another clear hose to see if it gets clogged up. yes both sides hot and cold
sounds like you need a re-build man

let me touch you.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

ok thats fine. but what caused its death? too much oil..

I donated have you?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
I can't read...

Quote:
ok thats fine. but what caused its death? too much oil..
thats what happened on my t3...only i didn't use a restrictor. what kind of restrictor were you using?

let me touch you.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

blown seals for sure. if its not a china turbo you might be able to send it to a shop that rebuilds turbos for either service or credit for another turbo
Old 04-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i just warmed it up and drove it and no smoke what so ever. this is after an oil change

I donated have you?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Defender of the D

Rep Power: 19 Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

hmmm.. that does sound peculiar so it don't smoke now that u changed the oil?? keep us informed as to what the culprit ends up being..
Quote:
to put the words all motor d16 and beast in the same sentence is pretty funny LOL , go boost if you want a beast, the best you can hope for NA is a kitten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrain T.
If it's not a Honda, Its a Nissan
Dmod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

trust me if i find anything out you guys will be the first to know

I donated have you?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Guessing you just used the same oil as the last few changes? Did it start smoking within the time you changed the oil the last time?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
Guessing you just used the same oil as the last few changes? Did it start smoking within the time you changed the oil the last time?
this is its first oil change. castrol 1040.....

I donated have you?
Old 04-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

try a smaller restrictor, maybe a controllable valve, then you could tap in to see the oil pressure at the turbo
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in