wierd vaccum on idle - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 06:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 JDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default wierd vaccum on idle

ok so i vaccum around 10 ib idle and i get idle surge. i tried adjusting the screw ontop of the tb. if i rev it up and let go it will go to 20 in vac. ive checke the vac lines and nothings. my car isnt tuned, would that be the cause. maybe i could try another persons tune. i have an eprom. im also using crome

heres my setup:

750cc siemns injectors
skunk 2 im
vitara pistons.
d16zc sohc
sfab ramhorn
t3/t4
crome

anyhelp qould be greatly appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I donated have you?
SOHC ZC VTEC, VITARA 75MM, EAGLE H BEAMS, ARP HEAD BOLTS, COMETIC HEAD GASKET, SKUNK2 IM
WALBRO 255LPH, SIMENS 750CC INJECTORS
SFAB RAMHORN, Garrett 54 trim turbo. .70 compressor housing, .63 exhaust
GO-AUTO WORKS large intercooler and Piping
MSD 6AL MSD 2Step., TUNED ON HONDATA
JDMCRX88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Idle surge typically comes from a loose vac line recheck all your lines might be cracked or something

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 JDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunnaJDMCRX88 is da #1 stunna

i removed all vaccums and left only the fpr and the boost guage. retorque the head and it is still vac at 10 11. when i accelerate it goes to 0 then to 20 then back to 10.. any suggestions.

I donated have you?
SOHC ZC VTEC, VITARA 75MM, EAGLE H BEAMS, ARP HEAD BOLTS, COMETIC HEAD GASKET, SKUNK2 IM

Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 RandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

so your vacuum gauge is bouncing from 0-10 & 20?
does your car act up also?
like bog back & forth or jump when the vacuum is going crazy?

if not...it could be your gauge..

RandysSOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

it idles between 500 and 750. it bounces from 10 to 11. the car runs great though. im just trying to fix that idle. where should the vaccum be, 15 to 20??

I donated have you?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 RandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to all

well...now it sounds more like a idle problem rather then a vacuum problem...
you may wanna look & clean (if needed) the screen on the iacv...

& then ...my suggestion would be to check the fitv sensor...I believe its called...
you can take that out...screw it all the way down..put it back together ..your idle would be gold...

but yea..
it seems like a idle problem...nothing to do with vacuum...
idle problem will cause the vacuum to go where ever..

edit:
mine use to jump like that...
alot of the times...
but doing the things I listed above fixed rough idle

Old 04-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i cleaned the iacv before i built the engine. where is the fit. i know there is a screw on the top of the tb.

I donated have you?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

this is what I went by:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1564019

& had no problems...& was impressed when I started the car...

o yea..
I didnt take mine apart like he did...mine was actually cleaner...I just turned it down..
took about 30 minutes

Old 04-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

my tb doesnt have that. i burned another chip with some one elses tune and the idle is alot better and its vacuming around 15. thanx for your help. btw do you have a bin of your tune?

I donated have you?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

lol...not me..
I run a fmu...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in