Stage3 clutch q and Video of Starting Turbo D15B7 for First Time - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Stage3 clutch q and Video of Starting Turbo D15B7 for First Time

Look how smooth my old turbo build went, it fired right up and went to work for three weeks before I blew it up from spirited driving, aka as driving beside a hatch.

Video of Starting Turbo D15B7 for First Time
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/108099...g_turbo_honda/

I am turbo'ing a D16Y8 right now and have some questions.

How drivable is a Stage3 6 Puck clutch with a 10lb flywheel? That is the only thing I need to finish putting the car together besides another Chinese turbo(don't comment on the turbo thats how I roll). I really want this car to be my daily driver, I know I will make a good 200hp, I'm sure I made close to 200hp on my D15B7, I don't pay much attention to hp but I judge those numbers according to me riding beside hatches with various motors, I think the stage 3 I'm looking at is good for 300tq so let me know your feelings on that. Money is not an issue when it comes between what stage to buy because the prices are so close. Its just a stock internals Y8 with some minor bolt ons, just the usual stuff, my Vitara build won't come together for a while, I really am going to go all out with that and am thinking a hatch or ->rex<- might be a better platform.

Last edited by SprayMySol; 04-15-2008 at 09:49 PM.
SprayMySol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 moozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to moozregie

if its the xtd clutch...its good to 270hp...broken in easily for the first few hundred...etc
i've rocked a 6lb and 8lb fidanza...the 10lb should be really good throttle feel...
my next will be a 10 or 12lb'er for sure
moozregie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to n00br0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprayMySol View Post
I am turbo'ing a D16Y8 right now and have some questions.

How drivable is a Stage3 6 Puck clutch with a 10lb flywheel?
dont plan on sitting in traffic..you will paying for alot of rear bumpers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
need to make a new sig but lost photoshop anyone know were to get a copy??

Quote:
neon lights are only acceptable when they advertise beer. other than that = Rice a Roni.
Quote:
put the crack pipe down...step away from the computer.

:thehump:
n00br0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 05:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AJxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00br0 View Post
if you suck at driving, the xtd clutches dont drive to much different then stock. stock pedal pressure, and the 6puck isnt to bad engaging.

- Racer
d16, eagle/vitara 19psi, 12.27 @ 110.6mph, 1.795 60ft - retired
b18b1, holset, 14psi, 11.75 @ 114.75, 1.765 60ft - BONE STOCK ENGINE - retired
forged ls-vtec, itr cams, holset cranked. 1?.?? @ 1??.??
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am pretty confident in my driving ability, I just don't want to be launching like I'm at the drag strip every time I let off the clutch, I also don't want to be walking sideways from one big leg and one small leg. But when I am at the drag strip I don't want to be slipping. So it appears the XTD kit is pretty straight, I'll look for it and a flywheel, I was going to buy a package deal for cheap but I have a little extra budget today.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 dkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dkid15

i would do the kit off ebay stage 2 with a 12 lb, 2lb differents wont kill your rotational mass at all.
dkid15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

I saw that one and I thought about it, but I bought the XTD 6-puck stage 3 clutch, and am going to buy the 11lb flywheel from LSD Motorsports.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

A good 6 puck should be good to go once you fire it up.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 RandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00br0 View Post
I run a stage 3 6puck clutch & a 8.4lb flywheel...
no driving issues here...

RandysSOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Cool cool, I talked to Bones about it, he said 8lbs was too much for him to handle in the traffic, but you know his setup isn't for the weak to begin with so.. I didn't know, we will see, I'm mating an 11lb LSD brand wheel to an XTD stage 3 we will see if it rides good. Turbo stock y8, but I'm breaking it in NA first because I will get on it with the turbo if I didn't... I get turbo fever or something and can't help but to stay in boost.

Last edited by SprayMySol; 04-19-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 RandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

the 8.4lb flywheel.....
really to me...didn't make a difference at all on taking off...

somtimes in traffic it can get a bit bouncy....when you gotta push the clutch back in & hit the brake fast...lol
but...
I learned fast & easy on how it wants me to take off...

if I could go back..it would be a 13lb...
10lb wouldn't be too bad

RandysSOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 06:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Don't make me want anything lighter, edit your post and say it was terrible driving it. Lol, because I am already stuck on getting the 11lb'er. Well flywheels is always a huge debate, it really depends on setup I guess, but I hear over 10 lbs is fairly easy to ride around on so thats what I got the 11lb lsd motorsports one.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprayMySol View Post
Cool cool, I talked to Bones about it, he said 8lbs was too much for him to handle in the traffic, but you know his setup isn't for the weak to begin with so.. I didn't know, we will see, I'm mating an 11lb LSD brand wheel to an XTD stage 3 we will see if it rides good. Turbo stock y8, but I'm breaking it in NA first because I will get on it with the turbo if I didn't... I get turbo fever or something and can't help but to stay in boost.
Why get the XTD clutch? Go with a LSD 6 puck. I have one in mine and the pedal isn't much harder than stock. As far as breaking in the motor with out the turbo, I would put it on and break it in with the snail. Mine was started, changed the oil, and then onto the dyno to be broke in and tuned at 20 psi.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Ah shit, everything has been purchased at this point. I don't even know how much my flywheel weighs, they said 11 in an email and 13 in a pm, honestly I don't care at this point. Anyways, ducky you've got a nice ride I've watched some vids, I'm building a 20psi vitara build in a Z6 soon, I only have the funds right now to finish up my stock Y8 swap into a Sol, but honestly I want to do my vitara build in a crx. I can never make up my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in