Any u Turbo guys ran any bikes!?!? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 Y8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default Any u Turbo guys ran any bikes!?!?

So just curious if u boosted guys ran any bike on the highway or anything?? i had a run in with a newer CBR600RR and i surprised my self...at 14psi i was pulling on him pretty hard up to 120, i saw him let off...we went at it 2 times...i was pretty hyped... :thehump: Any of u guys riden a 600RR or believe this was possible?? hehe ... cause i dint really think i could pull him like that at only 14psi, but i know 600's are pretty weak on top end and there was no way he would just be feathering it behind me up to 120 and not pulling......i wanna hear if u guys think this is :bull: Really wish i had someone with me to record.. owell i'll get it next time...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Y8pwrdEf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

yes, i did.

600 = pull away from
750 = just falling short
1000 = yeah fucking right. maybe from a light.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

J/K. It's do-able.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 Y8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
yes, i did.

600 = pull away from
750 = just falling short
ahahaha tight!...yea i'll run a Busa when i get Race gas so i can run 27psi... it should be fun... my car with me weighs 2240 so im guessing that power to weight ratio should be pretty good....but who knows...it was fun..

Old 04-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 brandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropes

us s/c guys...only off from a dead start haha

brandenj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y8pwrdEf View Post
ahahaha tight!...yea i'll run a Busa when i get Race gas so i can run 27psi... it should be fun... my car with me weighs 2240 so im guessing that power to weight ratio should be pretty good....but who knows...it was fun..
don't try that. your going to lose. anything a liter plus is made for top end, and they can still knock down 10s with the right rider. are you knocking on the door of 10 second ets and have crazy top end? probably not, so don't waste you money and possibly your engine.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
don't try that. your going to lose. anything a liter plus is made for top end, and they can still knock down 10s with the right rider. are you knocking on the door of 10 second ets and have crazy top end? probably not, so don't waste you money and possibly your engine.
lol...thanks for the advice...but im possibly risking my engine when im at the track anyways at 27psi...and it wouldnt hurt to try....hell this motor's seen 27psi many times last year and running strong for over a year now! =D But yea i dont disagree on getting my ass handed by a Busa...i think i'd need a little more than 400hp...but u never know... hehe

Old 04-15-2008, 12:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J

VX tranny =b

X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i was with my friend in his 95 coupe (it's pretty weak) when he tried racing a bike from a light... it was sad we launched on him but he had us by 2 cars at the top of 1st. it was pretty funny!!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 04:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

You can beat bikes from a roll because the turbo makes adds top end power.

Back in my day I used to walk all over bikes with my 340 Duster. It's cubic inches and torque over the small engine on the bike.

Just don't try to beat a bike from most anything under 50mph.

With your turbo, as I used to do, catch the bike at 50-60mph and roll on him in 2nd gear. He won't have a chance. A Busa may be tough to beat.

1992Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 05:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

only thing ive ran was a couple of harleys.
obviously they killed me until 30mph then it was like they stomped on their brakes.
i had one of them give me a huge thumbs up.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Isn't it fun when you hit boost...and they thought they bike was all that...freakin fast.

I can remember when the yellow car was a DD at only 280whp, when the GT35R hit full boost (12psi) in 4th gear the tires would break loose when I'd roll into the throttle.

(disclaimer) Remember it's not safe to race on the street.

Last edited by 1992Si; 04-15-2008 at 05:59 AM.
1992Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 07:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y8pwrdEf View Post
but im possibly risking my engine when im at the track anyways at 27psi...
i only mentioned it for safety. seizing a block at 120 mph with no safety crew around and in an "uncontrolled" environment, is just asking to meet the man upstairs.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i pulled a 600 in my dads cooper one night after taking my gf home, my car was on blocks, but his is at like 12psi on the sc and i walked that guy

boosted at 10 pounds
93delsol15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 10:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
That's going to depend on the rider... Any modern liter bike is capable of well into the 10's with the right rider. The 'Busas are actually more like a high 9 sec deal with the right rider. From the light, even a 600 is a low 11 sec machine. As 1992Si points out, it's a little different in the roll on, but I still don't think you'll take out a 'Busa or even a modern 1000.

When you think about it, even my '92 has a power/weight ratio just under 6.5 Lbs/HP (420 lb Bike + 230 lb Rider&gear/70 RWHP). A 2200lb car with a 200lb driver needs almost 400hp to have the same power to weight ratio. That 'Busa may be carrying another hundred pounds or so, but it has more than twice the horsepower!

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 eh3 93 will become famous soon enougheh3 93 will become famous soon enougheh3 93 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

You sure that 600RR was racing you? Hard to believe you stuck with him with only 14 lbs.
eh3 93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J

psi is a arbitrary value

X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
That's going to depend on the rider...
very very true. most younger/junior (under 25 yrs old / 2 yrs or less riding experiance, imo) riders are not capable of correctly launching a liter+ bike with out wheeling or losing it.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

I've seen it done several times out here in Phx. And several of my friends used to go "hunting" for liter bikes to run, just for the fun of it. A lot of these cars walk all over bikes, and some bikes get away. Hell, I had a couple friends that would always wanna run me when I had my 'Busa, and my 200whp ZX10, even though they knew they didn't have a shot in hell, lol..

"Which fits into your schedule better, working out for an hour a day, or being dead 24 hours a day?"
Stealth Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
i only mentioned it for safety. seizing a block at 120 mph with no safety crew around and in an "uncontrolled" environment, is just asking to meet the man upstairs.
yea u are definantly right...only reason i ran the bike was we were on a highway with no cars....and i had an "ITCH".... hehe...but thanks for looking out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh3 93 View Post
You sure that 600RR was racing you? Hard to believe you stuck with him with only 14 lbs.
i sure hope he wasnt feathering it 3 cars behind me up to 120 twice....:mikej:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in