Any nitrous guys shatter pistons? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin
Default Any nitrous guys shatter pistons?

I'm trying to find out how much HP OEM pistons are good for. Anyone blow up their motor with nitrous? If so, what actually went?

Thanks
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
I like to mouth off

Rep Power: 12 korre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

unless you upgrade other parts of the engine the pistons are the least of your problems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:haha:built, not bought:haha:

I'm An Asshole..... Deal With It
korre07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 junk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

the pistons are not the problem, they can stand alot

but the rods are the ones that usually fuck up

i blew my y7 with 125 shot, first it spun a bearing so id figure id go ahead and finish it off ran 2 more passes and then she put a rod thru the wall, and it still ran 9.5 in a 1/8

i still have one of the pistons in my building if u want to i can take some pics of it so u can see that there is notting wrong with it
A
SHIT..... he's got the new Dy78 StrAiGhT from
... I heard that shit's prototype YO!!! He should hook us up w/ the imoprter! 2 stage V-TakkK

junk yard creations is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

lol damn 125 shot and only a 9.5??? or 9.5 with when it was blown ?

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick1camcivic View Post
It looks like he's saying he spun a rod bearing and still ran it with the 125 shot for two more passes and went 9.5.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 junk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick1camcivic View Post
thats when it was knocking, and the head gasket had already taken a shit bu that time
A
... I heard that shit's prototype YO!!! He should hook us up w/ the imoprter! 2 stage V-TakkK

Old 04-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Thanks guys. Reason I'm asking is I want to run a ~70hp shot but can't afford forged pistons or find off the shelf ones due to the shorter compression height. My plan was to use PMS pistons to begin with(with a goal of 160whp w/o spray). Rods will be FJT's I-beam rods.

I heard of people breaking ring lands and melting pistons with nitrous and was wondering how much they were shooting. I know that melting pistons was due to timing and A/F ratio.

Thanks guys.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
I like to mouth off

Rep Power: 12 korre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

if your going 160 n/a i hope this isn't gonna be a DD.. your compression is going to be very high... your gonna idle at maybe 2k... 135-140 WHP is much more feasable for a DD

:haha:built, not bought:haha:

I'm An Asshole..... Deal With It
korre07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

If you ever seen my car, you'd know it's not a DD Although, I still use it on 100-300mile trips. I have 96 Chrysler Concorde(soon to be Volvo station wagon) as a DD.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Rep Power: 26 builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to builthatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2e2vin View Post
I'm trying to find out how much HP OEM pistons are good for. Anyone blow up their motor with nitrous? If so, what actually went?

Thanks
it's in the tune (state of engine condition, ECU tune, nitrous delivery system)...you can gauge about how much juice you can handle by looking at what other's well tuned stock engine turbo setups can make until they pop something. if i had to guess, i'd not go past a true 70 shot on a stock bottom end. a true 70 shot would be say something from NX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junk yard creations View Post

i blew my y7 with 125 shot
what intake manifold were you using here, and what type of nitrous kit?

Last edited by builthatch; 04-13-2008 at 06:01 PM.
builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2008, 06:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
it's in the tune (state of engine condition, ECU tune, nitrous delivery system)...you can gauge about how much juice you can handle by looking at what other's well tuned turbo setups can make until they pop something. if i had to guess, i'd not go past a true 70 shot on a stock bottom end. a true 70 shot would be say something from NX.
agreed,

the only thing is that i would go with a zex or a venom kit istead of the NX
A

Old 04-13-2008, 06:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Rep Power: 26 builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
agreed,

the only thing is that i would go with a zex or a venom kit istead of the NX
please explain why...

also, see my inquiry about your y7.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I think he's trying to say the NX is good. ie: a NX 70 is like a Zex 55 or something.

The motor is going to be tuned but I've heard of people blowing their motors at different HP. Would it be safe to assume 250whp is OK for stock pistons?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Quote:
The motor is going to be tuned but I've heard of people blowing their motors at different HP. Would it be safe to assume 250whp is OK for stock pistons?
if it's tuned, the rods will fail before the pistons will IMO, and the headgasket will probably fail before all of that. One ping though and yes, you will hurt your pistons in any number of ways. to asnwer the question about JUST the pistons, i'd say they could probably handle well-tuned 250whp, sure. turbo guys have done that.

re: power level for said rods, what engine? jdm d15b vtec?

Last edited by builthatch; 04-13-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

mainly personal peferrence, but the venom has alot more safety features being a computerised nitrous system

Quote:
what intake manifold were you using here, and what type of nitrous kit?
z6 IM with a NOS wet kit
A

Old 04-13-2008, 06:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
if it's tuned, the rods will fail before the pistons will IMO, and the headgasket will probably fail before all of that. One ping though and yes, you will hurt your pistons in any number of ways. to asnwer the question about JUST the pistons, i'd say they could probably handle well-tuned 250whp, sure. turbo guys have done that.

re: power level for said rods, what engine? jdm d15b vtec?
Yes.

Thanks for the replies guys. It definitely helps a lot.

For management I'm going to run Neptune and use the nitrous controls to control the fuel; so would it even be worthwhile to use a Zex kit?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Quote:
Yes.

Thanks for the replies guys. It definitely helps a lot.

For management I'm going to run Neptune and use the nitrous controls to control the fuel; so would it even be worthwhile to use a Zex kit?
ahh ok, so it's a d15b which means to me that you can compare notes with d16 guys in terms of power levels.

re: the juice-

i am not that familiar with all the nuances of new school stuff like neptune/ectune/s300, etc - i assume it simply activates the system and switches maps to the tuned nitrous-specific maps, right?

NX all the way man- they really started the single nozzle wet kit craze that NX and ZEX jumped on....

i work very closely with nitrous express products daily and i can assure you they have the best engineered stuff out there. their fuel/juice atomization is second to none. i have never been a big fan of dry kits on EFI. on diesels, yes, lol, but on EFI- there are many reasons i don't recommend it.

Last edited by builthatch; 04-13-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

nitrous is a dangerous toy if used incorrectly, make sure u learn about it in every aspec before u but the kit, different kits have different features

here is a little info on the venom kit which is on my x-mas list

VCN 2000 Computerized Nitrous System

Includes Palm Computer

The VCN-2000 can be set to operate in 3 modes:

Drag Mode In this mode the nitrous operates in the same mode as current nitrous systems operate. The amount you program is delivered to the engine when the control mode has sensed wide open throttle.

Linear Mode In this mode the user programs at what throttle angle should be the starting point for the introduction of nitrous. The control module then adds a proportionate amount of nitrous in relation to throttle angle. The higher the throttle angle the greater the nitrous flow, up to a maximum amount programmed by you. This is expected to be the most popular mode of operation.

Timed Mode In this mode the user programs at what throttle angle the nitrous should be introduced and how much nitrous should be added (in terms of &#37. The user also enters an injection time (how long to inject the nitrous for). This is ideal for turbo-charged engines. The nitrous can be energized while the turbo reaches optimized boost levels then is deactivated after a certain amount of time
A

Old 04-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie

Quote:
thats when it was knocking, and the head gasket had already taken a shit bu that time
lol damn, surprised they let you run on their track, i wouldnt have let you..lol, only because of throwin oil everywhere,

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Thanks a lot guys! I'll definitely check out the NX kits, although I was planning on running Edelbrock E3 nozzles.

I don't know about eCtune, but Neptune retards timing and enriches fuel when the button is pressed. I was going to run a dry setup and have the ECU compensate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in