d16y7 turbo - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d16y7 turbo

Hi, I have a d16y7 stock everything. My friend gave my a t3/t4 turbo. I am gonna buy the whole kit (intercooler, ect.) i plan on putting a d16y8 transmission with a ACT stage 2 clutch and change the flywheel. Gonna put the d16y8 intake manifold. What else would you guys recommend to do with the motor? (what fuel rail, what size injectors???? and what more)

thanks
bourgoinx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

internals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

ok...what internals should i change and what would be the best brands?

Old 04-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

how much horsepower are you looking for? 200whp and under? stock bottomend with a good tune, maybe shim the oil pump or get a toga high volume unit... stock fuel rail, at least 440cc injectors, good ecu management, better flowing exhaust would help too, boost controller, oil pressure gauge is important imo.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

ya trying to get around 200hp, i have a full cat-back. What ecu should i get?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

chip it! chip the ecu & get a good tune

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Arps is a must with a FI setup, head studs at least, and rods bolt should be nice. Cheap insurance.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Shorty is learning the way of the DShorty is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

how many miles are on the y7?
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourgoinx View Post
obd1 chipped ecu. p06 would be best, but p28, and p08 would work too you just have to disable vtec. as for the program, lots to choose from. crome, ectune, neptune, hondata, etc.

start looking here: www.xenocron.com
Old 04-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourgoinx View Post
200 hp?
and you have a t3/t4?
if you got it cheap, i understand.

at that level it might be a bit laggy.

you could probably use a t3 w/ either a .42 or .60
and at 200hp, some 360cc-390cc injectors.
440cc might be a bit overkill, but will leave some room for growth if you decide to build your motor & turn up the boost later on.
95pro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 dkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dkid15

id rock 450cc's and i am to be honest, if you tune with crome all you have to do is adjust the duty cycles so its not really a big deal if they are too large because its not like their going to be at 100 percent all the time. Just my thoughts and keeping it cheap.
dkid15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

any more info
ek4door96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 d16auto  is slowly gaining respectd16auto  is slowly gaining respectd16auto  is slowly gaining respectd16auto  is slowly gaining respectd16auto  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Injectors 440c dsm, good tune p28 or po6 chipped and tune on chrome or w.e your tuner uses. arp head studs.

I'm truly loosing faith in the intelligence of honda owners everywhere.
My Build-->>
d16auto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

aqua_chicken It's a JDM Star Bitches....aqua_chicken It's a JDM Star Bitches....aqua_chicken It's a JDM Star Bitches....

holy thread revival batman

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than to drive a fast car slow"

RIP PAT
aqua_chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in