my progress - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 slowhatch91 will become famous soon enoughslowhatch91 will become famous soon enoughslowhatch91 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Default my progress

i havent really posted up about this and really just lurk around here. but i decided i should go ahead and share. goals are "unknown" at this time, i have an idea, but i wanna see what it can really do. i purchased a 91 dx hatch in Cincinnati back in late october or early november with a hair over 250k miles. i had intended to drive this car all winter and park my Mazda in the garage. well i trailered it back with the understanding "it needs a distributor"... installed it, and what else is new, it makes NO COMPRESSION. 2 broken valves from a stripped tensioner bolt coming lose. fuck it, toss the d15 out and lets do this shit. i started the quest, and had lots of ideas such as boosted ls/v, h22 on nitrous, yada yada yada. FUCK IT. keep it simple right? i started primering it immediately after thinking about how bad the paint really was. it was repainted, almost a pea green color, no clear coat. however, back to the engine search, i found a COMPLETE D16Y7 with srp pistons, eagle rods, devcon'd, arp's, but 1 intake valve was slightly bent from the previous motor the head was on. i picked this entire motor up for the deal of the century. i checked it out, purchased a y8 head, and slapped one my multiple spare y8 manifolds on it. thats pretty well where it stands now.

a list of the parts for this car...

obd1 mpfi conversion with chipped ecu obviously
lsdmotorsports.com clutch set up
d16z6 trans with cable/hydro conversion and innovative engine mounts
d16y7 with srp pistons, eagle rods
d16y8 head, stock, stock intake manifold
etdracing.com traction bars
and a ton of other shit im sure im missing

plans....
about 20psi of boost and e85 are about it, but that comes if i can make this thing actually run

pics....

all in all i have about $1500 in this car including the cost of the car

comments are always welcome
slowhatch91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

good start

How much power do you plan on making?
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 slowhatch91 will become famous soon enoughslowhatch91 will become famous soon enoughslowhatch91 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

i have no hp goal as of this time. i set multiple goals for each build. as of right now its "make the mother fucker run". after that, maybe 400 wheel on e85 and a stupid amount of boost. its a weekend project car, so who cares if it blows up right?
slowhatch91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in