biuld for 250-300whp? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default biuld for 250-300whp?

well ive been reading and reading till my freakin eyes hurt, i figured this would be more helpful, im fixing to order a stock d16a6 (the zc version if theres any difference) and i want to biuld it for boost, but i dont want to make anymore than 300whp i would actually be happy with around 250 or so, but what would be the perfect internal biuld on a decently fresh zc engine? (they state 25-35k miles)

If you have any opinions on turbo's to use that would be awesome too just not to sure what to go with, this is my first honda biuld, the only turbo car ive ever biuld was my 92 gsx and im seeing that these sohc honda engines are quite different compared to that, thanks in advance guys.
88RexSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 99redek is learning the way of the D99redek is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

vitaras tt ros , plane n simple about 400 bucks total
99redek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

tt rods? is that tuner toys? still learning most of those initials lol, no need for sleeving? my biggest thing of all is reliability, and i know the most part of that comes down to engine being biult right and tuned properly. Also whats the best main and rod bearings to use, i figured a cometic standared thickness head gasket would be perfect?

Old 04-06-2008, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

ARPs, injectors, fuel pump, and a good tuning program/tuner. you dont need much for under 300whp.
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88RexSi View Post
tt rods? is that tuner toys? still learning most of those initials lol, no need for sleeving? my biggest thing of all is reliability, and i know the most part of that comes down to engine being biult right and tuned properly. Also whats the best main and rod bearings to use, i figured a cometic standared thickness head gasket would be perfect?
stock sleeves should be fine, many out there running 400whp or more on stock sleeves, but you could always be the oddball exception as with all engine stuff. honda bearings or lots of people choose acl. if it was me id also go with oem head gasket, but thats my opinion. fjt also carries some nice rods if you cant get the tuner toys... or then for some more money theres eagles. do a search on vitara pistons and you will get pages of info. they are very affordable and proven to support plenty more than what you are shooting for.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

awesome, i new the vitaras would come up in this as ive heard pretty much nothing but good about them, would the eagles be a better choice? the thing is i dont mind spending the extra money as long as its worth it you know what i mean, injectors i was thinking some 550's and a 255 walbro pump, that should be plenty of fuel to support everything, and since you say the oem head gasket i will go with that i wasnt sure if there was one stronger out there. The ARP's are a must for any biuld thats for sure. so heres what we got so far:

vitaras
tt rods (or eagle)
oem rod and main bearings
oem head gasket
stock sleeves (since they support 400hp safley from what ive been reading, when tuned properly of course)
Old 04-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

Use a Honda H gasket instead of the Cometic.
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

definitely skip the cometic my buddy put one in his d16a1 and it blew when we first started it up! coolant was pressuring up and we took the head off and it was blown around 3 of the cylinders...head was just resurfaced and the block was flat when we checked it with a straight edge and it was torqued in the correct patter with arp's! not sure what happened...
91civichatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

had 2 stock head gaskets blow under boost, Installed a cometic and havent had a problem since
TT rods ARP rod bolts/ vitara 75.5 mm pistons
KMS Engine Development Block Guard
D16z6 head
ARP Head Studs / Cometic Headgasket
Comp Cams 59300 cam/ valvesprings retainers
KMS Engine Development P&P head (sweet Job)
Skunk 2 IM/ Ls 60mm TB/ hondata heatshield gasket
AEM Cam Gear
440cc blue tops
Freshly rebuilt Si trans, carbon coated syncros,
6 puck clutch/ Centerfore PP/ 11lb flywheel
Tdo5h turbo/ 3" downpipe-exhaust. 2' ic pipeing
Greddy BOV/ ebay wastegate,
Hondata s200-boost option
j90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 qweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 56 reviews

why not just get the custom rods that fjt is offering
88 crx si y-49
93 ACURA INTEGRA LS
93 civic cx, poor mans type r, stroked, jrsc (coming soon)
qweakers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2008, 04:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88RexSi View Post
awesome, i new the vitaras would come up in this as ive heard pretty much nothing but good about them, would the eagles be a better choice? the thing is i dont mind spending the extra money as long as its worth it you know what i mean, injectors i was thinking some 550's and a 255 walbro pump, that should be plenty of fuel to support everything, and since you say the oem head gasket i will go with that i wasnt sure if there was one stronger out there. The ARP's are a must for any biuld thats for sure. so heres what we got so far:

vitaras
tt rods (or eagle)
oem rod and main bearings
oem head gasket
stock sleeves (since they support 400hp safley from what ive been reading, when tuned properly of course)
fjt rods are good too and hes got them rated at 600+ hp
he is in the affiliates section and also has his website: http://fjdistributors.com/product_in...roducts_id=269
what kind of engine management are you looking at?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

i have an oem y8 hg on my setup and its never blown with over 25psi thrown at it.
Jeff Evans claims that the d-series sleeves are good for 500 hp.
pinks car ran without sleeves. and i dont run sleeved.
300 max i think sleeving is unnecessary.
the tt-rods, and eagle rods are pretty much comparable in quality with the same arp bolts.
id check with fjt, he has a very good reputation and ill vouch for him being a former customer.
for the turbo in that power range, id recommend a t3 .48/.60 or .63/.60 from either the turbo thunderbirds or svo mustangs. either turbo will probably max out around 270ish and spool very nice.
what else did i forget?????
Old 04-08-2008, 06:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

not sure what ya meant, but are you saying you are ordering a d16a6 swap, as in the whole engine and shit JDM online...if so why ya gonna buy a low milage engine to pull all the internals out?? the blocks dont make a diff if it has 900090000000 miles or 2. if you puling the internals out doesnt make a difference. find a used d16 block, they are $25-50

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2008, 06:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
d-series Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick1camcivic View Post
not sure what ya meant, but are you saying you are ordering a d16a6 swap, as in the whole engine and shit JDM online...if so why ya gonna buy a low milage engine to pull all the internals out?? the blocks dont make a diff if it has 900090000000 miles or 2. if you puling the internals out doesnt make a difference. find a used d16 block, they are $25-50
actually mileage can make a difference... cylinders can go egg shaped, bearing wear possibly damaging the crank etc etc
Old 04-08-2008, 07:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

The only thing I didn't see is some ARP head studs. You can use DSM 450 injectors and be fine. They are cheap and available. I know KGP (in the D-series.org Affiliates section). has rebuilt ones for a decent price:

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...light=resistor

The nice thing about the fjt rods is they raise the compression ratio when you run the Vitaras. I think they are competitively priced too.

drunkinmaster1's turbo suggestion is a good one.

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2008, 07:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchnthoughts View Post
actually mileage can make a difference... cylinders can go egg shaped, bearing wear possibly damaging the crank etc etc
that can happen after 10k miles, not really the point sick1cam was trying to make. he is simply saying it will not really matter since the block is being torn down and the price for the higher milage engine might help to offset the build price to a lower number.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2008, 08:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

^ exactly

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #18 (permalink)

Tunning im not 100&#37; on yet, i see alot of guys running different stuff but i was thinking about crome, i actually was looking at the fjt rods i have there site in my favorites, i guess i was only getting a low milage motor cuz there cheap and i know everythings in good shape, but who knows i may find a super killa deal and go with it, you said the fjt rods raised the compression ratio, how much does it up it?

Then the other thing is i have to find a repitable machine shop to send everything to to make sure its all perfect, hot tank and clean the block and check all the measurements, than i want to have all the rotating parts balanced. Any shop ideas cuz theres not the first one around my area, i wouldnt trust these people to put air in my tires. again guys thanks for all your help this is going to be a badass setup.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 big4 smells like Boratbig4 smells like Boratbig4 smells like Boratbig4 smells like Boratbig4 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Don't forget about the tranny (LSD/Clutch). Also Timing belt stuff.
big4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by big4 View Post
Don't forget about the tranny (LSD/Clutch). Also Timing belt stuff.
This is a really good point. You are going to be making enough power to need these too.

Vitaras on stock length rods are about 7.5:1 compression ratio. With fjt's custom length I -beams it's more like 8.5:1.

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in