140,000 miles - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 140,000 miles

is this a safe number to turbo on ? it seems to run ok and iam babying it until i put the boost on
goldex420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

perform the following:

compression test
leak down test

if both pass, boost it. if it fails even slightly, better hold off cause boosting will make things much worse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque

Rep Power: 21 Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
perform the following:

compression test
leak down test

if both pass, boost it. if it fails even slightly, better hold off cause boosting will make things much worse.
how does one go about doing this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ak riding shotgun literally

autox/ touge ej1
Built 12.5 d., ac, pic selects, itr sway, wide wheels, more bracing than a dentist office lol

09 Chevy 3500hd crew cab long bed 4x4 just because I felt like it
Tibby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

seriously? if you can't perform these two test or know how to search on how to do them, you should not mod cars.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

hahah wow i thought i was ill informed. yea iam cheep and was just kinda wanting a " yea its good" but i probly should get the test but aftter that more miles will be on her and a couple of months will go by. i dont know i guess u cant rush boost.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AJxr

my first turbo setup was on a d15b7 with 265k. 9psi for 3 months 7000 miles, motor still runs today unboosted though. nearing 300k... a little smokey lol.

- Racer
d16, eagle/vitara 19psi, 12.27 @ 110.6mph, 1.795 60ft - retired
b18b1, holset, 14psi, 11.75 @ 114.75, 1.765 60ft - BONE STOCK ENGINE - retired
forged ls-vtec, itr cams, holset cranked. 1?.?? @ 1??.??
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 statiK will become famous soon enoughstatiK will become famous soon enoughstatiK will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

lol i bet it's not a little smokey... i bet it's more like a lot smokey. but 140 is pretty low for a motor that has been taken care of. if i were you i'd just pick up a cheap d15b7 or b2 long block and rebuild it for boost. that's your best bet and it's still inexpensive.
statiK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 tepco will become famous soon enoughtepco will become famous soon enoughtepco will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
seriously? if you can't perform these two test or know how to search on how to do them, you should not mod cars.
I would have to agree, read up on all of it a bit more and maybe make some Mechanic friends that can guide you on how to work on cars and start small.

I love turbos and have worked on motorcycles for years and i feel that i need to know more before i mess with them.
tepco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2008, 05:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w8lifter21

Should be ok if all tests check out. I know a few guys who have close to 175k and boosting just fine.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Mr Mobsta Man is almost a somebodyMr Mobsta Man is almost a somebodyMr Mobsta Man is almost a somebodyMr Mobsta Man is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Mr Mobsta Man

Assuming you pass a compression and leakdown test you can boost it no problem, if it fails the test boost will only make it worse.

1997 Coupe EX: I/H/E +55 shot Dry -> R.I.P.
2000 Coupe EX: Tein Susp./Vitara/I-Beams/GT3076R/Hondata s300/E-85
2009 CBR600RR Phoenix Edition: Stock(ish)
2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4: 3" Lift/255-85R16 KM2 Mud Terrains
2011 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260: Removed Speed Limiter/Solas Prop/Thru-Hull Exhaust

I Rep Back!
Mr Mobsta Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

it passed. hell yea turbo should be in on tue if the credit card wasnt declined hah
Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

boost till it goes then rebuild/build it

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

shocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shocker911

find another just in case.....boost it blow it re do it repeat lol

add to the list
shocker911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in