Anyone Boosted a f23? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Anyone Boosted a f23?

Im thinkin about gettin a swap prolly a z6, but i was think would it be better to get a f series sohc and boost it or stay d

Last edited by 93ejx; 04-06-2008 at 09:41 AM.
93ejx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 13 Drumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

how would you stay as a boosted D with an F series motor? maybe stay in the same category as a boosted SOHC but not the same engine code.
Drumritter258 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

a local guy had a turbo F23 in a 93 Accord. it ran pretty strong too.. it was a professional shop build .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumritter258 View Post
how would you stay as a boosted D with an F series motor? maybe stay in the same category as a boosted SOHC but not the same engine code.
im wondering if a boosted f is even worth it or if i should just stick with a d
Old 04-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93ejx View Post
im wondering if a boosted f is even worth it or if i should just stick with a d
boosted F as opposed to a boosted D a decent tune & set-up and they'll have about the same out-put. SOHC boost set-ups are always very strong...

off topic: my boy has gone thru 3 92 Mazda MX-6s (SOHC on boost)
those cars can take one hell of a beating. he turns the fucking boost up to 32 pounds on a stock setup. Ive seen those cars of his do some damage to other cars in a race.... he just abuses his shit so they dont last that long... with him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

300 whp is an average for the boosted f engine on high boost. its got iron sleeves to start with, so its better for boost then most other honda engines. the only thing about the f/h that sucks, is the trans. so if your willing to do a H/F2B swap.... but for the most part, you should stick to a boosted d. since you have to ask, i am pretty sure your not ready for a boosted f in a civic chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94ej2cvc View Post
boosted F as opposed to a boosted D a decent tune & set-up and they'll have about the same out-put. SOHC boost set-ups are always very strong...
i am going to have to disagree....

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 13 Drumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like Borat

im not quite sure about the whole f series turbo build however on a D series engine with low comp. pistons and h-beam rods people have made up to 400ish hp. So it'll definately be something fun to play with. will this be a DD or a track car? also what kind of car were you looking to swap this into?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
300 whp is an average for the boosted f engine on high boost. its got iron sleeves to start with, so its better for boost then most other honda engines. the only thing about the f/h that sucks, is the trans. so if your willing to do a H/F2B swap.... but for the most part, you should stick to a boosted d. since you have to ask, i am pretty sure your not ready for a boosted f in a civic chassis.
Eh But you answered my question thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumritter258 View Post
im not quite sure about the whole f series turbo build however on a D series engine with low comp. pistons and h-beam rods people have made up to 400ish hp. So it'll definately be something fun to play with. will this be a DD or a track car? also what kind of car were you looking to swap this into?
just a DD. i have a 93 civic dx
Old 04-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

yea it'll probably be easier to stick with a z6 block and if you have the funds, then build it up so you can turn on the boost. Personally i will be boosting my h22 soon so that should be interesting. anyways good luck
Old 04-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

about the boosted f. well it might have less whp the a build d, when pushed to the limit. but it will have way more tq then any d at the same whp. simply due to more displacement. yeah this is where that old line plays true....

wow, have fun with the boosted h. those things are hard to do. the sleeves really don't like to be boosted on.

side note: imho a f2b or f swap should not find its way into any other chassis other then a 96-00 EJ. the size alone of the engine is way to big for the other civics. the bigger engine bay of the 96-00 EJ is perfectly suited for a f or h swap (or f/h2b swap).

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 04-06-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

yea i know they are hard to boost, but im only going to run 6 to 7psi on a small turbo. so nothing too big but just enough to get it a little more kick
Old 04-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 DirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDseriesWOOT

h fits in a eg bay VERY nicely.. lots of room to spare cept by the crank pully..

stay with the D cause its gonna cost you mor eot get mounts and fab work to fit a F in a civic chasis..

F-s make hella tq though

94 RHD samba green -SOLD!

uhh rep me or somthing!

Professional FireFighter

DirtyDseriesWOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
about the boosted f. well it might have less whp the a build d, when pushed to the limit. but it will have way more tq then any d at the same whp. simply due to more displacement. yeah this is where that old line plays true....

wow, have fun with the boosted h. those things are hard to do. the sleeves really don't like to be boosted on.

side note: imho a f2b or f swap should not find its way into any other chassis other then a 96-00 EJ. the size alone of the engine is way to big for the other civics. the bigger engine bay of the 96-00 EJ is perfectly suited for a f or h swap (or f/h2b swap).
good side note
Old 04-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDseriesWOOT View Post
h fits in a eg bay VERY nicely.. lots of room to spare cept by the crank pully..

stay with the D cause its gonna cost you mor eot get mounts and fab work to fit a F in a civic chasis..

F-s make hella tq though
yea i dont have any desire to take it that far, ill just stay d
Old 04-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Wink sorry for the thread jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDseriesWOOT View Post
thats what i was referring to. ek has plenty of room for the crank pulley, at least with the f.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:

ive never heard that... as far as i know, the main issue is that the sleeves dont accept forged aftermarket pistons. mahle makes a set of coated pistons that work to a point, but a stock h22 on moderate boost(depending on turbo of course) shouldnt be too bad. i mean jeeze, with decent basic boltons i know a guy local to me that was putting down 175whp n/a. figure 6-8 psi of say a gt2860rs thats some damn good power/torque on relatively low boost with fast spool that a stock block should handle quite fine. haha sorry im drifting off on a tangent... carry on

stick with the z6 for boost, the f would maybe be fun for a nice n/a setup though...

Last edited by hatchnthoughts; 04-06-2008 at 05:38 PM.
hatchnthoughts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

^your right.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J
Default ok oko ok

IIRC
The accord F-series has the same rods dimensions as the H-series, different piston bore/stroke

the H-series cylinder liners are "fiber reinforced metal" which share the same characteristics as the s2000's f20c f22

As DirtyDseries said it would be expensive to do this, because of the cost to fab the mounts/buy

IMO if you went with the F, its a good choice being the heavy hitter in the honda SOHC family, i mean just check out what Bisi is doing with one.

Cool peoples link for the open minded

Last edited by X292J; 04-06-2008 at 08:25 PM.
X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in