AC clearance on turbo? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 03:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default AC clearance on turbo?

hey everyone, i've been lurking around this forums and finally decided to post since i recently bought a setup off ebay from someone. The seller says the manifold is ac compatible but he doesnt know if it will be with the turbo. Its a garrett t3 from a saab.

heres the pics.

i drive a 96 civic coupe ex d16y8

also if you guys could share some info with me about this turbo. $230 a deal? Thanks in advance!
phoking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2008, 05:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

i dont know if it will work right off hand but it would take you like 30 min to take your exhaust manifold off and mock it up to see if it will work.try that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sean1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 06:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

It should work, doesn't seem to be any different than any other 5 bolt T3 turbo on that manifold. I was killing time and saw that on ebay yesturday morning.
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 06:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

almost looks like my manifold...but mine came from a turbonetics drag kit. and to the left of th4e manifold where it bolts to the head the flange,,, it should say DRAG? does yours? if so...I dunno about that working, I dont think mine has enough room, but not 100% and also the wastegate sittin on that one runner kinda sucks...thats why im looking into a new one somtime.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 06:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

Drag cast logs work with A/C too.
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 06:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

well sweet, there ya go, the man says it works. but you donna have to run the cold side fo turbo towards the raditor...which I didnt wanan do, I dont wanan suck hot air from behind a radiator...so I have my exhuast going out that side. and turbo sucking from drivers side, and an a/c wont fit that way at all..my turbo is like 2mm from touching the frame.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Yeap, the turbo with that manifold should be AC compatible. Now it's just really up to how you route your downpipe to clear the AC compressor or not.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

wow, i love this forum lol. i just won the item yesterday probably will receive it next week. so how do you know if the turbo is oil or water cooled? i have no idea where all those oil lines and stuff go. but thats ok, more questions will come! thanks for the help guys.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

btw, AutoWorks i was the guy that emailed you asking for price on the manifold shipped to honolulu. but i seen this on ebay, seemed really cheap to me so i just picked it up. i will probably be switching to your manifold some time. after i get all of my parts together.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 importheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoking View Post
wow, i love this forum lol. i just won the item yesterday probably will receive it next week. so how do you know if the turbo is oil or water cooled? i have no idea where all those oil lines and stuff go. but thats ok, more questions will come! thanks for the help guys.
SEARCH

MY THREAD:

MY exhaust FAQ:

importheaven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by importheaven View Post
SEARCH
ur so mean but true....
evil_ryu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 03:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
SEARCH
THANK YOU
Old 04-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 importheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Boratimportheaven smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoking View Post
THANK YOU
Honestly dude if you search and still can't find it, I will help you out but the question you are asking is pretty easily figured out...

MY THREAD:

MY exhaust FAQ:

Old 04-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

here ill start u off with this... great info
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/
evil_ryu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 csaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoworks View Post
Drag cast logs work with A/C too.

And boost creep like a bitch.

owns you.
csaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Honestly dude if you search and still can't find it, I will help you out but the question you are asking is pretty easily figured out...
thanks bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_ryu View Post
here ill start u off with this... great info
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/
checked out that site last nite. i kind of got an idea. thanks!
Old 04-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaddict View Post
And boost creep like a bitch.
boost creep has little to do with manifold design and a lot to do with wastegate setup.... Don't go giving the noobs bad info

MY THREAD:

MY exhaust FAQ:

Old 04-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
boost creep has little to do with manifold design and a lot to do with wastegate setup.... Don't go giving the noobs bad info
thanks, i read that on the garrett website.

Effective methods of avoiding or eliminating boost creep include porting the internal Wastegates opening to allow more airflow out of the turbine, or to use an external Wastegates.

are the tial wastegates good enough to prevent that?
Old 04-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

^ Repped for searching. See how much better it is when you search?????

Exhaust gases like to take the path of minimum resistance. Boost creep usually happens when your internal gate doesn't open correctly or fully and thus the exhaust gas keeps going right through the exhaust. External gates usually prevent the problem completely, and porting the internal gate passage also helps. If you are going to run an internal gate, you should also make sure that your flapper is opening a full 90*

MY THREAD:

MY exhaust FAQ:

Old 04-06-2008, 06:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

thanks for my first rep lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in