stupid idea? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default stupid idea?

ok so i was wondering...... i want to monitor as many things as humanly possible when it comes to my engine. and one thing that gets neglected is the intake air temperature. i wanted a very in expensive way to monitor how hot the air is going into my car so i was at a local auto store and came across the little digital thermometers that u mount in your car and the sensor probe wire is attached to it. i was thinking that if i mounted this in the charge pipe i could see the air temp.even a barbacue thermometer. they are like 10 bucks. is this completly stupid or does it make sense?
mrfunktastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 97Ej6Mike is learning the way of the D97Ej6Mike is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I dont think thats a stupid idea at all. Creative, if any.
97Ej6Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Ej6Mike View Post
I dont think thats a stupid idea at all. Creative, if any.
i agree

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

sounds like fun, How about mounting a laser thermometer pointing to the inside of the IM? then wiring up the LCD somewhere inside the cab.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2008, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

It would probably work if you figured out some kind of way of securing it in the charge pipe to keep it from blowing out under boost.If they made a screw in version of what your talking about that would be sweet.

You may want to look into this also since you want to moniter everything
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...ostid=33122175 for 179

Im thinking about buying that.With that and my zeitronix I can watch pretty much everything without a laptop since my zt-2 does egt, boost, and afr by itself.The tunerview does everything else.Timing duty cycle,iat, ect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
holy fXck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....

thats pretty cool. and i will definatly be getting that in the future. cant afford it now unfortunatly. i will update as to how i will attach it inside the pipe. thats gonna be the tricky part. if it wasnt boosted i could just drill a hole and silicone it in but with boost it will blow out.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all

jb weld ftw?

Quote:
holy fXck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled
Old 03-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

singlecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to singlecizam

I think the problem there would be that it wouldnt react fast enough to get the accuracy of the factory temp sensor. because i have wanted to do this as well, without hooking my laptop up every time.
singlecizam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 sohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

we used a palm pilot to tune my brothers 3000gt vr4, it was very simple to hook up and it tells you everything that you need boost pressure, vaccum, ect, iat, o2, battery charge etc. basically like a car scanner. just some ideas for the self innovator.
[email protected] slicks 10/6

92 civic hatch
stock d16y8 18psi 15g
R.I.P. 3/12/8
250whp 221wtq [email protected]
Vitara build 44trim ebay setup
R.I.P. 8/9
325whp 210wtq 20psi [email protected]
sohc-gT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

singlecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to singlecizam

yeah mitsu guys used that all the time back in the day, but you would need to write a program to read the Honda ECU signal
singlecizam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

A pgmfi.org guy did something like that using his psp
http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php...=14860&start=0

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

i have been looking at the psp one but i am having ahard time understanding it. it isnt very accurate. i unfortunatly dont understand alot of the lingo they use so i just dont get it. i will try to figure it out though.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

40 bux done deal
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CYB-A...spagenameZWD1V
dustinz_em1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

how does that connect?
Old 03-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Your guess is as good as mine lol
dustinz_em1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

lol by the look of it i am guessing it is justa temperature probe like the thing i am looking at. the issue of installation is still at hand.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 RickyLee53 is learning the way of the DRickyLee53 is learning the way of the D

Why don't you get a K type thermocouple, i'l update my thread in a couple of day's. I run 1 for egt, and 1 for intake.
RickyLee53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in