DOHC ZC JRSC in 96 Civic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 07:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DOHC ZC JRSC in 96 Civic

Here is the setup right now in the car, but not running yet due to clearance issues. DOHC ZC in my 96 Civic. Issues I am currently having is I can't use the Y8 or ZC power steering pump unless I modify my current power steering hoses which I am not real keen on.
I put the JRSC on the motor than dropped it in the car, now I see that the pulley doesn't clear the strut tower.

As this project goes on, I am loosing motivation on this and here in Minnesota its still quite chilly so it doesn't make this easy, My question is, should I contune trying to get this to work, or spend the money and buy a Y8 JRSC manifold from Jackson and bolt the JRSC onto the Y8 and sell the ZC, or will I be better off with the ZC?

Please assist Thanks guys.
MNCRXSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2008, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I didnt know the jrsc would fit dohc zc? I thought the IM bolt pattern was diff all together?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hondajosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
I like to mouth off

Rep Power: 12 korre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebody

you can buy a a piece that goes inbetween the SC and the head for it to mount on right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:haha:built, not bought:haha:

I'm An Asshole..... Deal With It
korre07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I'd suggest the Y8 route, since they had D16Y8 dyno graphs on the JRSC site, meaning it worked. If it looks like the pulley would clear if it was moved forward, it should work with the Y8. The DOHC ZC puts the flange back farther, not to mention the adapter moves it back even more. Otherwise bang the hell out of the shock tower, as long as it doesn't interfere with the UCA mounts.

As for the PS, the Y8 route would obviously work, but I'd highly suggest removing & recirculating the PS (unless you've broken an arm or can't lift 20lbs).
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondajosh View Post
I didnt know the jrsc would fit dohc zc? I thought the IM bolt pattern was diff all together?
They DID make a DOHC ZC kit at one time.

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2008, 02:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

jrsc for d series are no longer for sale new....
Old 03-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

i was going to go this route with my car for awhile, but have recently been collecting parts for a supercharged mini-me setup.
good luck! let us know what happens!
sensys01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

This supercharger was for the ZC, no adapter plate was nessicary, the manifold bolts right up to the head.

I think I am just going to order the Y8 intake manifold from Jackson Racing (Moss motors) and run that route. I think at this point, I am going to just reinstall the Y8 motor, get it running again, and than install the JRSC. Looking at the parts lists between the 2 motors, it seems like alot of the parts are the same, Does anyone know vital things I will need from JR to put the SC On the Y8?
Old 03-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

And in regards to the power steering, I do quite a bit of city driving, and the power steering is really nice, yes I could get by with out it, but, I enjoy the few luxurious items my 96 Civic gives me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in