Honda D Series Forum banner

turbo honda parts help

680 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Atmosfear 
#1 ·
Im kinda new too the honda world, Im more familiar with dsm's. I just bought a 95 civic ex as my DD. Im wanting to add some more power, I have an extra 14b turbo laying around and was thinking about putting it on. My question is if this a good set up and what other parts am i goin to need to make this turbo work on the honda? thanks for any help...

#2 ·
piping
intercoler
injectors
engine management
wg
bov
return lines n maybe some more stuff

#4 ·
lots of money. At least it is for me. But, you can do a good budget build and things wont cost that much, but planning is the best and second is not rushing or taking short cuts. I done afew of those things, and I am still paying for them.

piping-can be done at any local muffler shop
intercoler-sold on this site often, or buy on ebay, salvage yard, etc
injectors-dsm or sold on here often, or salvage yard
engine management-crome is free and used with alot of builds, 150 for pro
wg-get a good one
bov-
return lines n maybe some more stuff-usually around 100 bucks or less for return and feed line.

you are also running a stock d16 right?very nice car, I love mine. but like alot of threads on here say, your stock pistons/rods can only take so much more horsepower over stock before they brake. a good tune is really important. Really important. also, get a wideband sensor and a new map sensor. MAP sensors run about $20 and I got my AEM wideband/guage for 330 bucks. things add up. Plus, you will need a good manifold.

is your car maual or an automatic?

#5 ·
yes d16, manual and yes it is stock other than the intake and exhaust. I have alot of stuff laying around from dsm's so im goin to try and use that up first.. Im going to look into getting new pistons and rods whats do u recommend..??? Im tryin to keep it cheap as possible im not looking for a drag car just something to have fun with. What size injectors? what manifolds do u recommend?

#6 ·
I got eagle h beams with vitara pistons. So far, things are great. I do however have a crower turbo cam. that does make a diff. just for those three, it would cost around 1000 bones. I paid alil more, cause I didn't really shop. But, the rods and pistons are sold, again on here under the for sale section. As for compression. I went 8:5.1 I went alil to low, so I would go above a 9. somewhere around there. I am using 450s. I was going to use my dsms, but I was told they were from a duramax truck or some crap like that. So I am using Precisions now. Manifold... No ssautochrome and try to stay away from ebay. And if you do go thru ebay, do not get the log manifols. I got one and now I have no a/c. For now. Hope that helps some.

#7 ·
since you have a lot of left over DSM parts, use em'! (but, I guess that was your plan)

The injectors, BOV, intercooler, and misc piping will be very useful. Since you want to keep this cheap, the cheap way to mount your 14b is to use an exhaust manifold from an HF CRX with the right adapter plate.(check ebay or the for sale forum for those items) For fuel management, as was mentioned before, CROME is free, but your ecu needs to be chipped to use it. Its not hard to do it yourself if you are used to soldering, but if you dont want to, many people offer thier services for a small fee.

there ya go...you should be able to do this build for super cheap if you have many left over dsm parts...even cheaper if you can fabricate/weld.

#8 ·
what size injectors should i use? i have everything from a stock first gen talon. Im thinkin about using hondata, I have a friend that has everything i need for cheap. Or i mite go with CROME, I dont know that much about it but i can solder. Welding isnt a problem for me. What about pistons and rods? Will i be ok for now? or do i need to do the engine before i even think about a turbo? Thanks for the info this is really helping me out!

#11 ·
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/

Read, there are more than a few examples of what you are trying to do, all done on the cheap. Any decent junkyards near you? Start by looking for an HF manifold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.