just finish my head build need help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default just finish my head build need help

just but my z6 head toghter it got a port job and complete valve job with crower stg2 y8 turbo cam springs and retainers !now for the messed up part i got it tuned at whitfield racing and when he would activate vtec my horse power would drop dramaticly he says the cam is not compatable but the car pulls hard with out vtec !! still got 205 hp 161 q at 9 pounds !should i get a comp cams 59300?? thanks
josecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

Last edited by drunkinmaster1; 09-19-2007 at 07:42 PM.
drunkinmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

what r u tuning with

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 greasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regular

time for the zex 53900 cam way better cam i think for boost with a z6. if you got it tuned with chris then he is right that cam is not for your set-up. chris is the man
greasemonky50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

You had more hp on the low rpm lobes??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2007, 07:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

What are those lobe specs on that stgII turbo cam? I'd always thought it to be a good addition...
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2007, 07:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by josecivic View Post
just but my z6 head toghter it got a port job and complete valve job with crower stg2 y8 turbo cam springs and retainers !now for the messed up part i got it tuned at whitfield racing and when he would activate vtec my horse power would drop dramaticly he says the cam is not compatable but the car pulls hard with out vtec !! still got 205 hp 161 q at 9 pounds !should i get a comp cams 59300?? thanks

We'll have to assume you have the correct cam gear and advanced it to work with the y8 cam in the z6 head? I'm not sure which is the correct thiing but I know you have to have the right pieces to make this work.

Why didn't you just buy the correct cam for the head?

Here try this, https://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=41363 or over on TurboD16 there is a thread that might help. In fact TurboD16 linked me to that thread on this site.

Here, http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38795

Now are you really confused?

Last edited by 1992Si; 09-20-2007 at 07:55 AM.
1992Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

im tuned with crome pro! i did run the right cam gear i ran the y8 cam gear tuner(cris) said the timeing was good ill try to get the dyno graph up tonite cam specs r ad duration 312/318 duration @.050"234/217 cam lift430/427
josecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2007, 09:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: -1 reviews

my friend had the same problem on his b16 turbo turned out to be the tuner messed up
94civicdx1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

just wondering if anybody knows if u can use a vtec-e motor for a mini me swap cause my buddy wanted to do one and i thought that the pistons were bigger than the d15b7
92hatchturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2007, 10:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 13 JDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDM_JNKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by josecivic View Post
your gonna get a rep point buddy!...hooooorrrraaaayyyy for my buddy's @ whitfeild.
|
|
|
|
JDM_JNKY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Swipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Swipe'd

i think the crower cam is a better bet.. but thats my opinion...

ya i think it might be just a bad tune...
Swipe'd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in