Nitrous 50 shot ~ What to expect? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Nitrous 50 shot ~ What to expect?

y8 with i/h/e, 10.5 srp pistons and zex stage2 cam + chipped p08.
125 whp at the moment. Just bought a zex nitrous kit and Iridium 6 series plugs. I was wondering, since 'shot' is slang for whp.. with 50 shot, would i be any competition to H22's , keeping the weight of the cars the same?.. The local h22's all dyno in at Max 150-153 whp. Another high compression B20, with a B16 head made 160 whp. Would it be safe to say i should make somewhere around 160 whp at LEAST with 50 shot since at the moment it makes 125? I know its about the power band more than peak numbers but isnt 50 shot at least 40 to the wheel in all gears?
sir_lagalot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2007, 01:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

damn those h22's are a little on the low side... most i know of dyno in the 170s at the wheels. you probably will have them beat for torque though since as i understand nitrous produces lots of torque very fast.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

i think they're auto h22's, converted man. trannys... do the auto ones have a less agressive cam? i'm not sure, but i saw three dyno.. one dyno'd 149, the other 151, and the third 153 on a dynojet... and a fourth with skunk2 cams with camgear, chipped that made 184.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

bumpety bump.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

50 shot with traction should net a 13.9 ET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2007, 03:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
50 shot with traction should net a 13.9 ET
with his higher compression, id think it'd be a bit faster. if the h22 is manual and has basic boltons and gets traction it'd be pretty close id think since a good driver with an h22 could potentially hit mid- low 13s.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_lagalot View Post
y8 with i/h/e, 10.5 srp pistons and zex stage2 cam + chipped p08.
125 whp at the moment. Just bought a zex nitrous kit and Iridium 6 series plugs. I was wondering, since 'shot' is slang for whp.. with 50 shot, would i be any competition to H22's , keeping the weight of the cars the same?.. The local h22's all dyno in at Max 150-153 whp. Another high compression B20, with a B16 head made 160 whp. Would it be safe to say i should make somewhere around 160 whp at LEAST with 50 shot since at the moment it makes 125? I know its about the power band more than peak numbers but isnt 50 shot at least 40 to the wheel in all gears?
Make sure that your ignition timming is right. Im sure what a po8 is but if it is chipped for an all motor setup it may have too much timming advanced.
24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

^^ oh crap..thanks for the reminder, i did check my maps and i had a s#itload of timing up top..

@Transzex: not when its in a heavy ass sedan .. the setups in a 2000 civic sedan, the other h22's i'm talking about are too..in 96 sedans.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
d-series Member

Quote:
^^ oh crap..thanks for the reminder, i did check my maps and i had a s#itload of timing up top..

@Transzex: not when its in a heavy ass sedan .. the setups in a 2000 civic sedan, the other h22's i'm talking about are too..in 96 sedans.
civic sedan is only what 2-300lbs more than a hatch so ballpark of 1 tenth every 1000 lbs should still net low 14s or better.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

hm..another thing, after spraying for about a month or two with 50 shot, i was considering getting aftermarket connecting rods and upping the shot to 100-150. A question i had was, when i got these SRP 10.5 cr pistons installed, my engine started sounding somewhat like a diesel, alot noisier. will changing connecting rods make the engine sound noisier than even before?

and will it be safe to run upto 150 shot with eagle rods? or should i just play it safe and stick to 100
Old 09-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

jeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussie

Quote:
hm..another thing, after spraying for about a month or two with 50 shot, i was considering getting aftermarket connecting rods and upping the shot to 100-150. A question i had was, when i got these SRP 10.5 cr pistons installed, my engine started sounding somewhat like a diesel, alot noisier. will changing connecting rods make the engine sound noisier than even before?

and will it be safe to run upto 150 shot with eagle rods? or should i just play it safe and stick to 100
Piston slap maybe?

1995 Delcamino D15Beater7
Synchrotech EX trans / LSD clutch
Ebay Header/Hackpro Custom 2" Exhaust
Nitrous Express Wet Kit
Hackpro Custom one-off tow hitch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
You win at everything forever!
jeremy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 sohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I would throw some eagle rods in along with those srp's and throw a 75-100 shot on it and get a good tune... you wont have to worry about getting beat my much of anything if you can find a way to keep traction.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:16 AM   #13 (permalink)

thanks guys, one last question though. Tuner claims its ok to run 75 shot at the moment on stock rods with these 10.5 cr pistons. Engines got 50,000 miles on the odo, and current whp = 125. Would the stock rods handle this much? i've seen a few turbo'd d16s w/ stock internals making a little over 200 whp.. so would it be ok? or should i stick to 50 to be on the safe side?

thanks once again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in