New here... question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default New here... question

Hello everyone, Im new to the forums, was informed of it by Honda-Tech so I thought I'd come by and check you out. Im currently running a D15b Boosted w/ t3 @ 7psi in a 93 Civic Si HB. My question.. what size injectors do you recommend for a DD @ my setup. Im wanting to stay low maintenance for now, but keep it my good weekend warrior also. Any suggestions?

Also, I know this is alot.. sorry. One more question. Im having an issue where the car wants to die when its cold. Someone mentioned a speed idle? when the car warms up it runs fine.. only when its cold. And if I give it just a little gas, the car almost sounds like its got a vac problem.. it idles high, then low, then high, then low... like two seconds a peice. high low high low high low.. but only at a certain throttle point (just slight throttle). Any suggestion on what I should replace (i.e. intake mani, throttle body, rail etc?)

Thanks guys.. love my D series!
93BoostedSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2007, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

What injectors are you running now?
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 08:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Stock injectors from the D15B JDM Vtec... believe 650cc, but not sure.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 zchatch88 will become famous soon enoughzchatch88 will become famous soon enoughzchatch88 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to zchatch88 Send a message via Skype™ to zchatch88

I am pretty sure the stock injectors are 240cc. People have had good luck using DSM 450's they are cheap and give you a little growing room if you want to turn up the boost
zchatch88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Damn.. Im actually trying to look now for the stock injector size.. I had a set of RSX injectors, but have lost them so I was going to get a tune this weekend, and before I did wanted to get new injectors so I can tune better. Thanks for the advice.. Ill look into the DSM injectors and see what I can get.

Also, any idea about the idle issue?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 zchatch88 will become famous soon enoughzchatch88 will become famous soon enoughzchatch88 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to zchatch88 Send a message via Skype™ to zchatch88

Hard to say for sure on the idle issue, but on my old d15b I took off the eacv and cleaned it out with carb cleaner, hooked it back up and it fixed it for about 6 months. It is a pretty common problem, that would be the first thing I would check. good luck
zchatch88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 08:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cool.. Ill do that and see what happens. Ill update with pics/updates if it fixes the issue.

Thanks again.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: -1 reviews

theirs a couple of people of here selling injectors 450's should be plenty if you don't plan on going to high in boost and if you plan on staying where you are u can get 370's

i heard srt-4's have like 500+ cc injectors is this true?
94civicdx1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 04:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93BoostedSi View Post
Stock injectors from the D15B JDM Vtec... believe 650cc, but not sure.
Stock injectors from a D15b ARE NOT 650cc dude. Stay out of boost for the time being. Your stock injectors are either 190cc or 240cc (I don't remember which).

What are you running for management?
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94civicdx1.5 View Post
theirs a couple of people of here selling injectors 450's should be plenty if you don't plan on going to high in boost and if you plan on staying where you are u can get 370's

The SRT4 has either 390cc or 450cc. They are NOT 500+cc injectors...

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 07:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Random Hero

kyle h. It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kyle h.

Those RSX injectors would have been nice. I've heard they atomize better than most other injectors? They are available fairly cheap from the dealer, but DSM 450s are probably going to be your cheapest route.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:america:

Stuff for sale: d16z6 head, intercooler, vitara pistons, scat h-beam rods, + more!

Last edited by kyle h.; 09-18-2007 at 07:34 AM.
kyle h. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 08:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

dsm 450cc injectors are what you need.

what are you using for engine mangement?
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 SpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94civicdx1.5 View Post
i beleive the stage 2 injectors are 500+cc...

iirc; non-vtec d15s are 190cc, d16s and b16/18 are 240cc...

dsm 450's are the best bang for teh buck; and are proven to be easy to install...
SpoolinSol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 08:28 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolinSol View Post
i beleive the stage 2 injectors are 500+cc...
I thought the stage two's were 550cc as well.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
What are you running for management?
As far as boost control, nothing.. yet. internal wastegate (stock) w t3, and sage BOV. 650 was a typo... 250 is what I meant.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Stage 2 SRT4 injectors are 550's, yes...however the STOCKERS are 450's or 390's even.

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93BoostedSi View Post
As far as boost control, nothing.. yet. internal wastegate (stock) w t3, and sage BOV. 650 was a typo... 250 is what I meant.
Not boost control, engine management. ECU. How do you tune that bad boy?

Welcome to the site, sounds like a nice little hatch you got there, any pics?
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
i make girls cry..and it gives me wood.
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
Exedy 11lb flywheel, Exedy Stg 1 clutch
OBX LSD (Installed by Transzex)
KYB AGX, Eibach sportlines
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

P06

and Thanks for the welcome... not as turbo literate as most of you, but learning fast.

Oh also, edit for pics:

These pics where when I first bought it.. Ive since taken care of the rust, and most of the other minor body work. Its currently ready for its paint, but I wanted to finish the turbo upgrade etc before I got it painted. Figured since I had it prime, might aswell keep it that way so I dont scratch a new paint job.

Ive already got the paint, just need to spray so hopfully should be done within the next two months. Going with a high gloss black.

Picture of the turbo pre-assembly. (note the two mufflers are NOT the skunk2 catback setup. As you can see thats already on. The mufflers are just extra I had from a recent buy.)

Last edited by 93BoostedSi; 09-18-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in