Boost in 1st gear - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default Boost in 1st gear

As it sits right now I can't build boost in 1st gear. Turbo is a 42 / 48 on an A6 is this normal or can I attribute this to boost leaks?
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2007, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 bbsccr01 is learning the way of the Dbbsccr01 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

damn you got another problem. You should build boost at first gear bro. When do you hit boost normally? How big is your turbo?
bbsccr01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

Is it a straight T3?
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsccr01 View Post
damn you got another problem. You should build boost at first gear bro. When do you hit boost normally? How big is your turbo?
Turbo size is above.

Boost starts 2200-2500 in 2nd gear.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoworks View Post
Is it a straight T3?
Yes sir
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-17-2007, 06:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

thats not that uncommon

i think ur motor just climbs to quick in 1st gear so u dont tend to notice it. are u saying no positive boost at all. is the a6 vtec if so when is ur vtec engagement at?

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 bbsccr01 is learning the way of the Dbbsccr01 is learning the way of the D

yeah but he should still feel something right?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdewey58 View Post
thats not that uncommon

i think ur motor just climbs to quick in 1st gear so u dont tend to notice it. are u saying no positive boost at all. is the a6 vtec if so when is ur vtec engagement at?

Well yeah, I mean my BOV does go off a little in first, so I guess a little but it can't be anymore than 1 or 2 psi. I just expected that boost would come on quick in first gear.

A6 = no-tec
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

During normal driving I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't make boost in first. There's not a lot of load on the motor. It's spinnig up quick. Im sure if you sat and launched it it would make boost.

My old 57 wouldn't even come close to making boost, my current 50 does, but nothing "major"
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoworks View Post
During normal driving I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't make boost in first. There's not a lot of load on the motor. It's spinnig up quick. Im sure if you sat and launched it it would make boost.

My old 57 wouldn't even come close to making boost, my current 50 does, but nothing "major"

Cool thanks man
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-17-2007, 07:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 99redek is learning the way of the D99redek is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

shit i make boost in first but not in normal driving i can bearly hear the bov when i driving normal
99redek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I thought a turbo spools by back pressure. Or exhaust pressure. If you are building boost at say 3500 rpm in 2 and 3 gear, wouldn't you be building boost at about the same rpm in 1st gear. True, the 1st gear is shorter, but pressure is the same regardless in any gear. If I am wrong, can someone please explain it. Turbos spool on the speed of the exhaust exiting the engine, rather the mani. Right?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

no, the engine has alot more load behind it the higher you go up in the gears so it spools up quicker.
creativepunka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 06:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

You should be building boost in 1st. Even with a larger turbo, I build boost in 1st WAY too easily (then again, it's a different motor..however the same concepts apply). You stated the other day that you had some boost leaks. Are those fixed and/or are seeing a full 7psi in 2-5th gears? Is it holding @ 7psi, or fluttering?

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 06:36 AM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 SpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

if you are getting full boost in 2-5; i'd just say you aren't giving it enough throttle soon enough.. if you were to launch and go WOT, you should feel the torque, but the boost gauge might not register before you let off to shift to 2nd... with the short-ish 1st gear in my z6, i usually launch ~2500rpm @ 75% throttle (to avoid wheel-spin), and i will only see boost if i floor it...

creativepunka is correct; you have more load on the longer gears, so you will spool at a lower rpm
SpoolinSol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 06:39 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKapp504 View Post
You stated the other day that you had some boost leaks. Are those fixed and/or are seeing a full 7psi in 2-5th gears? Is it holding @ 7psi, or fluttering?
Boost in other gears is consistent and steady (until I blow a charge pipe off).
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2007, 06:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Are you going WOT in 1st or just 1/2 throttle?

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 07:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
Random Hero

kyle h. It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kyle h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Well yeah, I mean my BOV does go off a little in first, so I guess a little but it can't be anymore than 1 or 2 psi.
are you using a boost gauge?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:america:

Stuff for sale: d16z6 head, intercooler, vitara pistons, scat h-beam rods, + more!

kyle h. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 07:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKapp504 View Post
Are you going WOT in 1st or just 1/2 throttle?
Just 1/2 or 3/4's. I haven't floored it in 1st...it goes quick enough as is.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2007, 07:51 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle h. View Post
are you using a boost gauge?
No I have mystical JDM mind powers tha allow me to communicate with my turbo telepathically....lol.

Yes, I'm using a boost gauge.
Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in