forced induction selection.. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default forced induction selection..

hey guys.

finally i got my hands on a t25 homemade turbo kit...yesterday i found out one of my friend is selling his NX 35 shot kit.for about the same price tag..i was will be running upto 7psi on my jdm D15b vtec stock motor..which option will be giving me more horses...7 psi turbo or 35 hot nos?
ct12-d16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

Both

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 12:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

i would love tht..but in short of cash at the moment...with double forced induction i will hav to change the internals..pistons,rods etc..right now..i hav my choice limited...i want to know which will give my motor more power..
thank you

Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 greasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regular

both will make about what you would with just the turbo at 10 psi maybe or close plus whatever you can get out of a tune.
greasemonky50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 12:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 BLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Turbo, as long as you do it right it will last, with the right and good parts, plus nawz you have to refill when you use it
BLACK-KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

well..if we race these 2 setups against each other..with 2 cars with d16 engines..who will win a 400m drag?.suppose both are tunned close to perfect..i think it will be nos.:S..what do u guys think??35 shots vs 7 psi turbo?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 BLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropes

Turbo
Old 09-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

hmmm...so t25 it shud be?.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Weel it may cost a bit more to boost unless you build a kit or find a hell of a deal, and it may be cheaper to do nawz but you have to refill it. I would boost, you can always find someone that will trade a turbo kit for a nawz kit
Old 09-13-2007, 01:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

i am gettin my self a home-made t25 turbo kit..fer less then $200...n same goes for the nos kit..
Old 09-13-2007, 01:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

both for 400?
Old 09-13-2007, 01:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

yea..round about 400 for both..but ryte now..i need to choose 1..cuz i dun think a stock engine will support both.:S
Old 09-13-2007, 01:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 greasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regular

boost it man trust us
greasemonky50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 02:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

yea i was thinking tht too!..but the thing is..the guy who is selling me the turbo kit..has another 1 in his z6..its not reliable.:S.every now and then he faces problems..last time on track..his boost pipe came off.:P..
Old 09-13-2007, 05:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

A turbo system is only as reliable as it's tune. Trust me on this. I've gone through 3 different fuel setups and I've FINALLY landed on the one that works for me (this is all in my Avenger). And don't call N2O forced induction, cuz it's not.

And comparing a 35 shot to 7psi is like apples and oranges. Both are TOTALLY different animals when it comes to tuning and how the HP is delivered. On a boosted car, the power is ALWAYS THERE. If you're running N2O, once the bottle is empty...WHOOPS...no more fun-time. If the turbo you plan on running is a T25, you should make good power from about 2100 all the way to redline @ 7psi. When you start boosting a vehicle, you can ALMOST average ~10hp per lb of boost. So if you run 7psi, you can roughly estimate that you'll be making ABOUT 65-70hp over your stock ratings. A 35 shot is just that...a ~35hp shot.

One more time just to reiterate, it all comes down to the tuning. A well-tuned turbo car will have the power come on sooner and stronger than a nitrous car. Nitrous is cheaper initially, but once you add up all the bottle refills, it about washes out with the same price as a turbo kit. My recomendation, go with a decent .48AR or .52AR turbo, get on a dyno, tune it, and go have fun. A .48 AR turbo will give you good low-middle power and with the D15B motor, a decent top-end.

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 05:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Turbo_D16 Send a message via Yahoo to Turbo_D16

Go turbo man. You will make more power in the end. My question is, why are you limiting yourself to 7 psi? I know your going to run a stock motor but there is still more power to be had. People have run 14 psi (or more) on a stock motor and had it be completely reliable. Like this guy said, just get a good tune. thats all you need. T25 is a good turbo for a stock engine, they are cheap, reliable, and easy to come by. I say just turbo it, run 10 to 12 psi on a good tune and call it a day. Forget the nitrous, but thats just my .02 cents. Good luck man
Turbo_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 06:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Forget ALL about nitrous. Plus, hearin' that turbo spool and then the BOV let loose....TOTALLY boner-ific!!!

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 06:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

you found a n20 kit for the same price as your turbo?

you realize there is a SHIT TON more parts to a turbo kit than just the snail, right?

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 J_Dog is learning the way of the DJ_Dog is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKapp504 View Post
Forget ALL about nitrous. Plus, hearin' that turbo spool and then the BOV let loose....TOTALLY boner-ific!!!
What about being planted in your seat when you hit that nitrous button??? I think it would pull a bit harder with nitrous over a turbo.

91 si

a6 y8 mini
p29's
60mm TB
Crower stage 2 Cam
7lb Fidanza Flywheel
Aluminum Crank Pully
Innovative Trac Bar
Hondata s300

Quote:
I've got a spoon in my cup holder. Does that mean I have a spoon cup holder?
J_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
you found a n20 kit for the same price as your turbo?

you realize there is a SHIT TON more parts to a turbo kit than just the snail, right?
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
i make girls cry..and it gives me wood.
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
Exedy 11lb flywheel, Exedy Stg 1 clutch
OBX LSD (Installed by Transzex)
KYB AGX, Eibach sportlines
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in