What kind of wastegate spring - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 bbsccr01 is learning the way of the Dbbsccr01 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Arrow What kind of wastegate spring

I bought a kit onthe net and the all is well except for the wastegate. It is for sure a 38mm. But, as for a name or anything like that, it's some knock off Tial crap. The spring is 13psi/pounds.... I want a .5 bar spring or smaller. Here is a link for a site for spring, but they are for Tial. Would it still fit my off brand wastegate as long as its a 38mm wg? The guy I bought it from said it was a TiAl and I really don't know for sure. Please help....

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/ind...7af596d0eb615f

On a side note, my engine is being cleaned and built as I write this at a shop not far from me. I can't wait. It'll be put in my EX in 2 weeks. About freaking time. Shit took forever and a day to be built.... I'll get pics up soon.
bbsccr01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Yes.

Real tial parts will work in the off brand wastegates.
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2007, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 sohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuscivictuner View Post
Yes.

Real tial parts will work in the off brand wastegates.
x2

or you can get them from ssac which is prolly who made your wastegate.

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1546

Old 09-12-2007, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

No offense, but you couldn't PAY ME to put anything from SSAC on ANY of my cars. EVERY single one of their products has failed on EVERY VEHICLE that has had them installed. And yes, they were installed and used correctly. Like it was stated above, if it's a TiAL or TiAL knock-off, use a TiAL spring and you'll be good to go.

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Slowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKapp504 View Post
No offense, but you couldn't PAY ME to put anything from SSAC on ANY of my cars. EVERY single one of their products has failed on EVERY VEHICLE that has had them installed. And yes, they were installed and used correctly. Like it was stated above, if it's a TiAL or TiAL knock-off, use a TiAL spring and you'll be good to go.
Pretty strong statement seeing as how I've been using an ssautochrome wastegate for a year+ with no problems.
OEM Main bearings
RC Autoworks ramhorn
T3 .42/.48
Precision 780's
Delta 272-2
Supertech valve springs
ARP Headstuds
Street tuned on a s300 by eee-jay-ate
Old tune: 240whp/204tq
Slowhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 bbsccr01 is learning the way of the Dbbsccr01 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhatch View Post
Pretty strong statement seeing as how I've been using an ssautochrome wastegate for a year+ with no problems.
funny. As I was buying a turbo kit, just about everyone I have talked to says not to buy from ss. I am not saying that they make crap, cause I don't know. Just that it is cheaply made. But, I'll stick with full race anyhow. Thanks again guys
Old 09-13-2007, 04:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

If you read ssac thread in this site you will see many poeple have used their wastgates with no trouble at all
TT rods ARP rod bolts/ vitara 75.5 mm pistons
KMS Engine Development Block Guard
D16z6 head
ARP Head Studs / Cometic Headgasket
Comp Cams 59300 cam/ valvesprings retainers
KMS Engine Development P&P head (sweet Job)
Skunk 2 IM/ Ls 60mm TB/ hondata heatshield gasket
AEM Cam Gear
440cc blue tops
Freshly rebuilt Si trans, carbon coated syncros,
6 puck clutch/ Centerfore PP/ 11lb flywheel
Tdo5h turbo/ 3" downpipe-exhaust. 2' ic pipeing
Greddy BOV/ ebay wastegate,
Hondata s200-boost option
j90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Slowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsccr01 View Post
funny. As I was buying a turbo kit, just about everyone I have talked to says not to buy from ss. I am not saying that they make crap, cause I don't know. Just that it is cheaply made. But, I'll stick with full race anyhow. Thanks again guys
true. he said ANYTHING from ssac was crap.
OEM Main bearings
RC Autoworks ramhorn
T3 .42/.48
Precision 780's
Delta 272-2
Supertech valve springs
ARP Headstuds
Street tuned on a s300 by eee-jay-ate
Old tune: 240whp/204tq
Slowhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 06:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by j90crx View Post
If you read ssac thread in this site you will see many poeple have used their wastgates with no trouble at all
and that maybe true for you. But if alot of people are saying not to use and only a handful are saying, yeah their great. I won't use. I've got enough damn headaches and concerns. I'll stick with something tried and true. Call me a follower if ya'd like, but thats what it is all about anyways. Preference, is it not. You prefer SS as I prefer not to use them. Whatever works, right?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....

You may have been one of the very few that have had success. Either that or you're just not pushing your car hard enough (not bashing, just merely curious...that's all). What boost levels have you been running for a year on your wastegate, how hard do you drive the car, and how often are you "gettin' on it"? And like I said, you may be one of the lucky few...that's all. Congrats on having that luck. Me, personally, I'm gonna go on my personal experience and on the experience of the 30-40+ others that have used their products, and steer clear of all SSAC items.

Cars:
Old 09-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

The thing is is if you ask 95% of those people if they ACTULLY have a ssac wastgate they will tell you no, and they will go on to tell you that they read that ssac is crap which for the most part i would agree. But their wastgates hold up extremely well I know because i have one on my drag car. Let me ask you a question, do you have a ssac wastgate on your car, I didnt think so. So how do you know they dont work, you dont.
TT rods ARP rod bolts/ vitara 75.5 mm pistons
KMS Engine Development Block Guard
D16z6 head
ARP Head Studs / Cometic Headgasket
Comp Cams 59300 cam/ valvesprings retainers
KMS Engine Development P&P head (sweet Job)
Skunk 2 IM/ Ls 60mm TB/ hondata heatshield gasket
AEM Cam Gear
440cc blue tops
Freshly rebuilt Si trans, carbon coated syncros,
6 puck clutch/ Centerfore PP/ 11lb flywheel
Tdo5h turbo/ 3" downpipe-exhaust. 2' ic pipeing
Greddy BOV/ ebay wastegate,
Hondata s200-boost option
j90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

he really didn't say he had one, just that alot of people say not to use them. I am a member of afew other forums, and they also say not to use them. And again, some say that somethings are cool. lol, I was onthe phone awhile back with a shop looking for some parts and things, and SS came up inthe conversation. He advised not to go that route. But, again, I wont own SS stuff, I like name brand. Even if I pay more than some one else, thats just one less thing to worry about. And I think that goes with most people here. If they've owned SS stuff or not. Word of mouth can help a business or hurt it. Either way my friend. But no one is flaming you. Just saying your lucky... and what kind of boost are you running on your drag?

and if everything they sell is crap, and you said 95% of it is, why risk it on a spring? I don't like my 5% vs. 95%. Know what I mean

Last edited by bbsccr01; 09-13-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by j90crx View Post
The thing is is if you ask 95% of those people if they ACTULLY have a ssac wastgate they will tell you no, and they will go on to tell you that they read that ssac is crap which for the most part i would agree. But their wastgates hold up extremely well I know because i have one on my drag car. Let me ask you a question, do you have a ssac wastgate on your car, I didnt think so. So how do you know they dont work, you dont.
Actually, I know of at least 8 people off the top of my head that TRIED the SSAC wastegate and ran a 10lb spring and had a boost controller set to 15-17psi. ALL 8 wastegates failed within 3000 miles. And yes, all the boost controllers and wastegates were installed CORRECTLY. And this is not a personal attack my friend, I'm going off of experience and what I've seen personally, not just on word-of-mouth alone. I'm glad to hear you've had great luck with your SSAC stuff, seriously. I just steer clear as much as possibly from aLL of their products and try to advise others to do the same so that they don't end up having to buy the same part twice.

Cars:
Old 09-13-2007, 08:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKapp504 View Post
Actually, I know of at least 8 people off the top of my head that TRIED the SSAC wastegate and ran a 10lb spring and had a boost controller set to 15-17psi. ALL 8 wastegates failed within 3000 miles. And yes, all the boost controllers and wastegates were installed CORRECTLY. And this is not a personal attack my friend, I'm going off of experience and what I've seen personally, not just on word-of-mouth alone. I'm glad to hear you've had great luck with your SSAC stuff, seriously. I just steer clear as much as possibly from aLL of their products and try to advise others to do the same so that they don't end up having to buy the same part twice.
well, I guess that settles it.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 sohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I dont remember who it is but there is someone either on here or on Turbo D16 that is making over or right around 400whp on an ssac/ebay turbo... I think some of that stuff like mainly the turbo's are hit and miss... the manifold are all junk, ive never heard any complaints about the wastegates untill whats his nuts up there ^ said something, ive never heard any complaints about the blow off valves.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

I haven't heard any complaints either. But it is possible to buy a product that is bad.(I have bought fuel pumps, Tv's, ect.) That were just bad.

If your wastegate is failing within 3000 miles, then it's probably because you are reving the car at every stop light. (Basically you are beating the crap out of it), Because you are acting like a little kid with a new toy. The products can only take so much abuse. They should last awhile if you are not a racer.

Just my 0.02 cents.
CRXFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXFreak View Post
I haven't heard any complaints either. But it is possible to buy a product that is bad.(I have bought fuel pumps, Tv's, ect.) That were just bad.

If your wastegate is failing within 3000 miles, then it's probably because you are reving the car at every stop light. (Basically you are beating the crap out of it), Because you are acting like a little kid with a new toy. The products can only take so much abuse. They should last awhile if you are not a racer.

Just my 0.02 cents.

well, I'll act like a kid for a while, cause I have never owned a boosted civic before, so it will be new for alil while. after that, it will wear off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in