11's Best Route.... Nitrous or Turbo? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 11's Best Route.... Nitrous or Turbo?

Okie...so I just installed the centerforce dual friction clutch, zc trans and obx lsd and love it! But I put a hold on tuning my car yatta yatta. I will be purchasing the parts over the fall and building a "z6" ported head, valve springs,valves,ret, proseries from jgengine and then building a bottom end @ a local shop. Srp pistons and Eagle Rods. Now by the time that is built arround march 2008 I will be spraying the shit out of my D15b.

Anywho the question is... Spray or Boost? I havent driven a boosted d series or honda only a talon... and in all honesty my D16z6 on a 50 shot was more fun. I know 24-7 and transzex are some nitrous gurus but if others can chip in there 0.02 it would be great Im thinking of getting a good set of headers bisi etc, better intake & tb combo etc if I go all motor. Local shop has a D16z6 with a ported head by JG making 160ish whp. stock bottom end. So if i go spray a bit higher comp. So even if im pushing 165 whp n/a daily i'll be happy. But then I unno which shot to go with? 120 direct port (Zex) and a 50 single foger from N.O.S. ? This same local shop has built a eg hatch with a gs-R on 160 shot running 11.3. Slicks, built bottom end and 160 shot. Bone stock head. I know 24-7 has seen 11's on a 100 shot but he also has a gutted crx.
My car is a 94 civic si coupe. Removed a/c and power steering, removed rear seat tar etc, cf trunk and cf hood. So would 120 shot be enough?

or

Do I go boost? I just dont want the maintence issues of boost....if my car runs 14's n/a i'll be happy I only want it to run good #'s atleast a high 11 with slicks @ track....so I wouldnt mind having a 160ish whp n/a daily but with a direct port for track days....

Please help me out guys... the Nitrous set-up would obviously be cheaper... but would a D16z6 with srp pistons and eagle rods handle a 120+ shot constantly?Also what am I looking at? A seperate fuel cell? for the Nitrous?

Zex has claimed 13.31 w/75 shot(stockmotor). Now will a 120 shot,lsd,built motor(as apposed to stock) bring my coupe to 11's?

Last edited by quicksi; 09-10-2007 at 10:09 PM.
quicksi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 greasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regular

to many variables looks like you should search before you posted there are many sticky's with ideas,set-up's, pros and cons. do some reading then come back with a question.
greasemonky50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 12:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

boost.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 05:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
boost.
+1...It's always there and no refilling bottles.
94EXSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 06:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

snoopy006 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

do turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

snoopy006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 06:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

SOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I have to agree.. You want to go boost if you want to squeeze out max hp.... Shhhh dont tell anyone I sadi that.. lol
SOHCinWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

im fond of the nitrous...simple/easy
Toddnos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 10:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

$4 a pound to fill a bottle, $40 a week, thats $2000 a year.

Reason I went ZEX kit was I got it cheap, knew I could resell it for just less than what I paid, and was getting Nytrous+ at $1 a pound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddnos View Post
Same here
24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

Quote:
+1 i pay 20 bucks a bottle isnt to bad imo

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

nitroz is easy to install limit hp damage your engine if search for hi hp

turbo is hard and expensive but reraiable and hi hp save your engine with good tune, need no to pay money to run like noz
hany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hany View Post
nitroz is easy to install limit hp damage your engine if search for hi hp

turbo is hard and expensive but reraiable and hi hp save your engine with good tune, need no to pay money to run like noz
stfu...fawkin noob.....learn to spell..we hate you
Old 09-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat

Quote:
stfu...fawkin noob.....learn to spell..we hate you
I agree
24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

i of course am going to say boost. you never have to refill a bottle. power is always there when you need it. and when you dont need boost its easy to stay out of it. seems to be pretty consistent with my setup, as well as realiable. not to say that nitrous isnt reliable; it still needs tunning just like any other high power setup. nitrous will give you nice bottom end torque, but the turbo setup pulls soo hard on the topend. ive been happy with boost.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

a good staged nitrous set up will pull hard up top too...only thing i have to agree with is bottle refill....it can suck your duckets up..
Old 09-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

why not use both.
maybe a 50 shot to spool up a fatty turbo a bit quicker.
a local shop around here always does nitrous with boost.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkinmaster1 View Post
why not use both.
maybe a 50 shot to spool up a fatty turbo a bit quicker.
a local shop around here always does nitrous with boost.
=having cake and eating it too....
Old 09-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Andrew smells like BoratAndrew smells like BoratAndrew smells like BoratAndrew smells like BoratAndrew smells like BoratAndrew smells like Borat
Send a message via AIM to Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
$4 a pound to fill a bottle, $40 a week, thats $2000 a year.

Reason I went ZEX kit was I got it cheap, knew I could resell it for just less than what I paid, and was getting Nytrous+ at $1 a pound.
Do you honestly fill your nitrous bottle 10 times a week?
Damn.

I'd go nitrous for already stated reasons.
I'm personally turboing my car, but if all you want is cheap power, nitrous can NOT be beat.(unless you just go domestic :alky

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Do you honestly fill your nitrous bottle 10 times a week?
Damn.

I'd go nitrous for already stated reasons.
I'm personally turboing my car, but if all you want is cheap power, nitrous can NOT be beat.(unless you just go domestic :alky
no...his bottle is a ten lb bottle...redo the math
Old 09-11-2007, 06:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

i dont know why but i have always considered nitrous cheating lol. but for best results and if money isnt a huge issue i would do both. like drunkinmaster said a 50 shot on a larger turbo would be fucking sweet. easy to stay out of boost for daily driving but still alwasy available power if needed. but u only have the cash for one then turbo that bitch. way more fun for daily driving. more potential in the long run. and nothing beats the sound of as spooling tubo and blow off valve at 7000+ rpm.
mrfunktastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in