Compression test brings up ?'s for boost - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 07:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 DreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DreaMer
Default Compression test brings up ?'s for boost

alright I make 150 on cylinders 1,2,4 and on #3 I only make 130ish. I burn a little oil. Im just curious should I slap a turbo on this bad boy or should I worry that Im prolly burning oil in cylinder 3?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DreaMer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

To things, how much HP do you want and how long to plan to keep the car ?

If you want low HP under 180whp boost it and save money for a rebuilt engine.

If you want higher whp, rebuild it first.

If you plan to keep it for a long time, save up money and do it right the first time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1992Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 DreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagle

definatly under 180whp. plan to keep it for a year or so

Old 09-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Cylinder 3 seems to be the problem cylinder on hondas from what ive heard. If youre running 20psi low on that one cylinder and already burning oil I would seriously consider addressing the issue before boosting since that extra stress will only exacerbate the problem further. Rebuild then turbo to save yourself the headache of taking it all apart down the road.
MSUGeoman22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 civicsi94  is slowly gaining respectcivicsi94  is slowly gaining respectcivicsi94  is slowly gaining respectcivicsi94  is slowly gaining respectcivicsi94  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to civicsi94

yeah, find out what the problem is then move forward on building the motor or boosting it. this small problem may become a issue over time. it's worth looking into

civicsi94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

think about what u will get in a year aswell. if u spend the 500 bucks or so to rebuild the engine then u will have a powerful engine with much more potential and u will get a substantial differnce when selling. think about it...
for sale: turbo honda civic with engine that burns oil . needs rebuild ...
or...looking to get xxxxxxx dollars
honda civic with rebuilt engine. turbod. very reliable. great project car has lots of potnetial. looking for xxxxx dollars
u will u reak the benifit of having a car u feel comfortable driving and wont have to keep a jug of oil in your car to keep it happy.
mrfunktastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

I would get everything that you need to do the turbo and build a spare block and drop it in all at once, but that's just me. I wouldn't want to do more work than I have to. What bottom end are you running? is it a Y?

christopher_davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

d15b7 is what Im running...hmm alright I'll look into what the prob is...leak down test here I come I guess

Old 09-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

"I have a full z6. Has slight rod knock as well, but you could rebuild out of the car. Valvetrain is in fine shape, but head casting is cracked. Also comes with a cable trans. $100 for all of it.

Note: you will need to rebuild this block. The rod knock I had was VERY light, didn't even manage to spin a bearing, but enough to not continue to drive boosted."

some guy is selling so I might pick that bad boy up and rebuild it with some vitara's and some scat rods or something

Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i would build a spare block on the side and then when you are ready, slap it on with the turbo and sell the motor you currently have. Better to do it right the first time.

jusr curious, not to thread jack, but does anybody know the compression numbers a d16y7 should put out to be healthy?
killabee. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in