where did you locate your nitrous nozzle? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

jeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default where did you locate your nitrous nozzle?

ive had my at 2 inches before the throttle blade. Where have you located yours?
i have a nitrous express wet kit with 50 and 75 shot.

1995 Delcamino D15Beater7
Synchrotech EX trans / LSD clutch
Ebay Header/Hackpro Custom 2" Exhaust
Nitrous Express Wet Kit
Hackpro Custom one-off tow hitch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
You win at everything forever!
jeremy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

That sounds about right. Most I have seen have been no more than about 6 inches in front of the tb.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2007, 05:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

jeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb91 View Post
That sounds about right. Most I have seen have been no more than about 6 inches in front of the tb.
do you think it should be father away the bigger the shot gets, so it has more time to mix before it hits the manifold?

Nitrous Express Wet Kit

Quote:

Old 09-02-2007, 05:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

ive ran a 125 with no issues with it sitting right at the bend of my intake before the TB
oldschooljdm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschooljdm View Post
ive ran a 125 with no issues with it sitting right at the bend of my intake before the TB
On a stock or built bottom end?
Do you put the nozzle on the top or bottom of the tube or on what side?

Nitrous Express Wet Kit

Quote:
Old 09-02-2007, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy85 View Post
On a stock or built bottom end?
Do you put the nozzle on the top or bottom of the tube or on what side?
stock bottom end LS

it sits on the bottom of the intake piping
oldschooljdm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

anyone else?

Nitrous Express Wet Kit

Quote:
Old 09-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

SOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Nitrous reccomends you to have it at least 6 inches from the T-body... I always plummed them in the bend of the intake..
SOHCinWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

yeah im going to put it farther back this time as i plan on seeing just how big of a shot this little motor can take.

Does anyone think it matters on what side of the intake piping the nitrous nozzle is located, or top or bottom? all feedback is very helpful.

Nitrous Express Wet Kit

Quote:
Old 09-02-2007, 06:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
cool title

Rep Power: 15 egriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to egriffith45

i had mine like 12 inches away on my accord running a 75 shot.

egriffith45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

18" away from the TB......esp. on a dry kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
18" away from the TB......esp. on a dry kit
i seemed to loose power that far away..i played around with an old intake pipe years ago, and six inches worked best..right at the bend in the intake...
Toddnos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2007, 02:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddnos View Post
i seemed to loose power that far away..i played around with an old intake pipe years ago, and six inches worked best..right at the bend in the intake...
was that on a dry kit? and how big of a shot did you run?

Nitrous Express Wet Kit

Quote:
Old 09-05-2007, 04:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Mine is at the very end of the intake, i tapped a hole in the end of the intake filter, Just like zex's set up, works awsome and is very stealth. I could not tell a diffrence from when it was 8 inches from my TB
TT rods ARP rod bolts/ vitara 75.5 mm pistons
KMS Engine Development Block Guard
D16z6 head
ARP Head Studs / Cometic Headgasket
Comp Cams 59300 cam/ valvesprings retainers
KMS Engine Development P&P head (sweet Job)
Skunk 2 IM/ Ls 60mm TB/ hondata heatshield gasket
AEM Cam Gear
440cc blue tops
Freshly rebuilt Si trans, carbon coated syncros,
6 puck clutch/ Centerfore PP/ 11lb flywheel
Tdo5h turbo/ 3" downpipe-exhaust. 2' ic pipeing
Greddy BOV/ ebay wastegate,
Hondata s200-boost option
j90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2007, 04:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole94civicdx1.5 is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: -1 reviews

i had mine on the bottom of the intake at the bend. i tried different places but didn't really see a difference
94civicdx1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2007, 06:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy85 View Post
was that on a dry kit? and how big of a shot did you run?
50 dry
Old 09-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddnos View Post
if 13.09 @ 103 is loosing power.............on a stock Z6

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
if 13.09 @ 103 is loosing power.............on a stock Z6
the farther away from the TB the less hard it hits...in the NOS kit directions the pic actually shows it installed on the TB itself...imo...the closer to the TB the better opportunity the charge has to travel across the plenum to the furthest cylinder..the number one and two cylinders always has more wear due to weak distribution.,,,once again, just my opinion.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

oh, you want it to hit HARD like the mad DOHC VTAK.

Think about what you just said and how I launch. You'll understand why I went the way I did, my 60 foots show the results.

Once flowing the dry kit doesn't really care how far it's away, 6" or 18" doesn't matter.

Quote:
Old 09-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
oh, you want it to hit HARD like the mad DOHC VTAK.

Think about what you just said and how I launch. You'll understand why I went the way I did, my 60 foots show the results.

Once flowing the dry kit doesn't really care how far it's away, 6" or 18" doesn't matter.
ya i liked to feal it engage as hard as possible.....and i feel ya, you want a softer launch...wheel spin is a problem with nitrous...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in