What setup? big shot on a6 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Sivad87
Default What setup? big shot on a6

well ive been searching around and looking up some things. i want to run a 100 shot on my a6. seems most people say a 75 is stretching it because obviously the rods and clutch werent designed to go from like sub 100 hp to well over in an instant.

so i figure to combat i was figuring run a NOS wet system with their progressive controller. you can custom tune it to make power anywhere in the rpm band you want.

so i figure get the 100 shot tuned with the controller to set on around 3k rpm and work its way up to full shot and taper off just before redline. would be somewhat better on the engine internals and should be a blast to drive.

the is an a6 with the a1 (or whatever0 pistons)

let me know some opinions on this.
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

https://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=9245

here read this
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

ive read that before. i know all the precautions on it and stuff. but that doesnt address running the bigger shots safer. im figuring i could get away with the progressive controller because it will be customizable and have a set on not just boom power.

I figure setting it up on a tps switch and the progressive controller acts like a window switch. just wondering if anyone has used it or seen it in action or what their opinion is.

And im not afraid of throwing a rod, this car is just a fun car so i dont need it to run, just be fun when i want to.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 J_Dog is learning the way of the DJ_Dog is learning the way of the D

If you read through that sticky then you would have noticed in a few places that a stock setup could handle a 100 shot with the correct tune and nitrous system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

91 si
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

a6 y8 mini
p29's
60mm TB
Crower stage 2 Cam
7lb Fidanza Flywheel
Aluminum Crank Pully
Innovative Trac Bar
Hondata s300

Quote:
I've got a spoon in my cup holder. Does that mean I have a spoon cup holder?
J_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2007, 06:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat

The progerssive controllers are hard on the solenoids. It makes them pulsate whinc is hard on them. You can use a 100 shot on a stock bottem end. I've gon as high as a 160shot on a stock bottem end. Just like any other set up, tunning is very important.
24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2007, 04:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24-7 View Post
The progerssive controllers are hard on the solenoids. It makes them pulsate whinc is hard on them. You can use a 100 shot on a stock bottem end. I've gon as high as a 160shot on a stock bottem end. Just like any other set up, tunning is very important.
thank you, thats the kind of info i wanted. what would you suggest for tuning? SAFC? or something a little more extreme? i would maybe like to up the revs a little (7500 limit now) to add a safe zone so i dont hit the limiter on spray. whats your best suggestion?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Mr Mobsta Man is almost a somebodyMr Mobsta Man is almost a somebodyMr Mobsta Man is almost a somebodyMr Mobsta Man is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Mr Mobsta Man

Don't use a hack. That is asking for trouble. Do it the right way the first time and chip the ecu, it doesn't cost that much especially since your engine is at stake. If you want a higher rev limit then get titanium springs and retainers with a cam that will make power that high. While you are having your chipped ecu tuned for the cam and nitrous tell your tuner you want your rev limiter to cut spark instead of fuel then you don't have to worry about hitting your rev limit while using nitrous or you could just use a window switch... or both.
Mr Mobsta Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in